Bernie wins at racism

Zalco/bring back Sophie!

He wants black and Latino entrepreneurship in selling legal marijuana. I could not believe my ears. Wow.

SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jonnygun(zone 7)

Dont you mean brown and black? Labels are bad right? So much brown and black.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Zalco/bring back Sophie!
elvis

Brown and black are labels, too. The prog leftists do cling to labels.

Jonnygun(zone 7)

Bernie is like an angry E.T..

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Zalco/bring back Sophie!
HU-885118952

Kamala Harris wanted the same thing.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Zalco/bring back Sophie!
mudhouse

I missed a lot of the debate so I'll have to catch up. The parts I did see made me think that the moderators did a pretty awful job of letting the candidates present their viewpoints. At times it seemed chaotic, and at other times they kept cutting people off.

The ending was very odd too... that's all for our debate...no wait, Nora we have time for one more break...(commercial break)...they come back and Nora says (again) that's all for our debate.

queenmargo

Bernie and Warren were the biggest losers tonight in my opinion.

Biden just comes off mad and screams like he is hard of hearing. It makes no sense for the man who has been in politics so long and served 8 years with Obama to have to sit and scream like he has done everything. There would be no Trump if he and Obama did everything right. He is tiring!

I think Klobachar and Bloomberg came off the most sane and had the best temperaments.

Mayor Pete and the other guy were just taking up space.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Zalco/bring back Sophie!
queenmargo

I guess the lefties are busy getting their take on the debate from the talking heads. I don't know why people just can't watch and report how they perceived the debate without being influenced by the media.

HU-885118952

But Biden wrote every bill every written and saved millions of Americans from ebola!

Planting people to boo Bernie really did rattle his cage.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Zalco/bring back Sophie!
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I really liked the look of Bloomberg and Klobuchar chatting on stage after the debate. They were the winners in my book, but I doubt that is how it will play out.

CBS News did a terrible job on moderation. Too bad there was no room for Scott Pelley at the table.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

I was gone earlier so I'm watching it now (I'm more than half way through it). I don't think much will change based on this debate. Bernie's getting attacked as expected, but he's responding like Bernie and as one would expect him to. Biden is trying hard but looking so darn angry and struggling to get words out correctly (as usual). Bloomberg is better than last time, but that guy just has an odd, arrogant personality (and boy do his attempts at humor not work out!). Warren is getting so tiring in the way she speaks like she's speaking to grade school children. I don't think the rest of them matter anymore.

Ann

WaPo thinks Warren and Biden were winners and Bernie and Bloomberg were losers. I'm not seeing that.

Everyone seems to agree the moderators were awful!

I'd say Bernie or a contested convention are looking more and more likely because, aside from Bernie (and his supporters' strong enthusiasm), there just isn't anyone coming through as a leader.

mudhouse

Zalco, I looked at the details of Bernie's plan to legalize marijuana. His website says "millions of dollars are being made by mostly white, mostly male, and already rich “cannabiz” entrepreneurs in states where marijuana is legal, while the people and communities that were ravaged by the War on Drugs have been shut out of the industry, denied credit, and many are still incarcerated."

Because he feels that communities of color have been disproportionately impacted by the criminalization of marijuana, his plans include a $20 billion grant program "for entrepreneurs of color who continue to face discrimination in access to capital."

Also, a $10 billion grant program to focus on businesses that are at least 51% owned or controlled by those in "disproportionately impacted areas" or individuals who have been arrested for or convicted of marijuana offenses.

Also, formerly incarcerated individuals will have training and resources to start their own businesses, guaranteed jobs and free training related to marijuana businesses.

Also, a $10 billion USDA grant program to help "disproportionately impacted areas" and individuals who have been arrested for or convicted of marijuana offenses start marijuana growing operations.

Also, the government will ensure the marijuana farmers "are paid a fair price for their products with tools like supply management and reserves and transition toward a parity system to guarantee marijuana farmers a living wage."

https://berniesanders.com/issues/legalizing-marijuana/

Personally, I'm not up for funding this with taxpayer dollars.

elvis

Me either. I don't care if some adult smokes it, just don't drive, don't supervise anything or anyone, and don't smoke that vile-smelling stuff around me.

mudhouse

I guess it's like a reparations program for people that have been harmed by the criminalization of marijuana. I'm sure the government could set up a department to write the standards used to determine which individuals have been harmed, how much aid they qualify for, and another department to process the applications of harmed individuals, and another department to monitor the progress being made, to make sure that the marijuana farmers get their "guaranteed living wage."

We do want a just and fair society, after all.

(These people are insane.)

Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Thank you, mudhouse for looking into the substance of Sanders's policy. I cannot discuss the legalization of drugs dispassionately. I abhor drugs. That said, I am no fan of the war on drugs. As for helping communities that were disproportionately incarcerated, I do think something should be done to help people become productive. Rehab, job training and some kind of incentives for companies to look past non violent offenders entering the workforce would be where I would start.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

On a lighter note, I'm rewatching the whole debate since I had to miss so much of it, and if you play it at double speed, it's amazing how much more credible and intelligent all of the candidates sound. The moderators even sound better!

catkinZ8a

Maybe Joe can run for the U.S. Senate!

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Zalco, I would have missed that line in the debate if you hadn't mentioned it, and I'm glad I had a reason to look up Bernie's plan details (legalizing marijuana isn't a big issue for me either way; I'm not a fan of the idea, but I think it's coming.)

I strongly agree with the need for resources in communities to develop programs to deal with drug abuse. My city's had plans for years for a drug treatment center that they just can't get off the ground, and it's badly needed. I don't disagree with funds for rehab and job training either, as you mentioned, to help non violent offenders reenter the workforce.

But Bernie's plans as outlined above just strike me as crazy, especially the idea that the government would guarantee jobs, free training, and a living wage for marijuana growers (and of course only people of color need apply.)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Father and Son’s Compact Design for a Family Home
The new house in New Zealand makes the most of a tight site and a tight budget
Full Story
Life Is Open-Plan Living a Fad, or Here to Stay?
Architects, designers and Houzzers around the world have their say on this trend and predict how our homes might evolve
Full Story