Nearly two-thirds of voters expect Trump to win reelection in November
Bad news. Please don't shoot the messenger (that's me)!
"Nearly two-thirds of voters think President Donald Trump will be reelected in November, a CBS News poll released Sunday found.
Though the survey found that Trump will face a tight race with any of the likely Democratic nominees, 31% of registered voters said the president will definitely win a second term, and 34% said he probably will, for a total of 65% expecting him to be reelected.. . .
[. . .]
Opinions on the race appear to be firmly set for most voters. Sixty-three percent said their minds are made up no matter who the Democratic nominee ends up being, and 61% said they wouldn't change their position no matter what Trump does in the next year.
[. . .]
But the CBS News poll found that most voters believe Sanders is the Democratic candidate with the best chance to defeat Trump, with 27% saying he would "probably" win against the incumbent president and 30% saying he "maybe" could win. Forty-two percent described him as a long shot, which was the lowest number among the six candidates in the poll.
By comparison, 26% said Biden would "probably" win, 29% thought he could "maybe" win and 45% thought he was a long shot. Bloomberg had the third-best numbers in the field, with 20% saying he would "probably" win, 32% saying maybe and 48% calling him a long shot.
Among likely Democratic primary voters, 54% said that whoever ends up being the Democratic nominee, they should run on a platform of advancing a more progressive agenda than under President Barack Obama, while 46% said the message should be to return the country to the way it was before Trump took office. "
How is that for depressing news?