SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritachar

Need help with small living room layout

ritachar
4 years ago

My living room is open to the dining room with a walkway in between. The living room side is approximately 13 feet wide from door to the staircase, and about 7 feet deep from wall to the opening of the door. I have been torn between choosing a small sectional and a chair or two or choosing two sofas. I like the symmetry of two sofas and in such a small space like that it does cut the room off, but I wonder if I will regret not being able to open both french doors? My husband is 6' so I am thinking two 84" sofas with at least 72" inside seating. Although we will be renovating a rec room, this room has the view of the water through the french doors and is the best room to spend time in so I want something we can both stretch out on. I also want to be able to entertain guests. I have not been able to make a decision one way or the other yet and would greatly appreciate some design thoughts. In the pictures below I have pulled apart our current pottery barn sectional to get a feel of different layouts. I was looking at the seda sectional from cisco brothers or something custom from moss studios.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!