Trump’s target to pay for the wall isn’t Mexico; it’s Wisconsin.

chipotle

Sen. Baldwin blasts plan to divert millions for Oshkosh Defense to border wall

"Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisconsin) is objecting to a U.S. Department of Defense plan to divert millions of dollars appropriated for Oshkosh Corporation to fund President Donald Trump's border wall.

"The President’s unilateral action takes $101 million that was appropriated by Congress for Oshkosh Defense to build Heavy wheeled defense vehicles for the Army," says Baldwin in a statement.

Baldwin is a member of the Senate Appropriations Defense Subcommittee and helped secure the funding for Oshkosh's military truck program.

In its "reprogramming" document, the DOD states it plans to divert from the heavy truck program because "The procurement of legacy vehicles is inconsistent with the goals to modernize the Tactical and Support Vehicle fleet in support of the National Defense Strategy.""

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tito Milian

Impeachment 2.0!

Save    
Kathy

So Trump designates money for the military then uses it for his wall?

1 Like Save    
sjerin

He does and will continue to do whatever he damn-well pleases. Is anyone surprised from the get-go?

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

He has get around the obstructionists. They'll do anything it takes to destroy our country.

Save    
bleusblue2

He has get around the obstructionists. They'll do anything it takes to destroy our country.

~~~~

"obstructionists"

The military

2 Likes Save    
Toby

sjerin

He does and will continue to do whatever he damn-well pleases.....

with the full support of his base and the cowards in Congress.

Save    
Iris GW

Can he say he supports the military and builds the wall by stealing their support money at the same time? I'm guessing his supporters will believe anything the con don wants to say.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Iris GW

Can he say he supports the military and builds the wall by stealing their support money at the same time? I'm guessing his supporters will believe anything the con don wants to say.

~~~

I'l repeat as I commented above -- the "obstructionists" are the US military. I guess the military really doesn't need the money for their superficial projects. That might even be argued in Congress, BUT the money has been allocated by Congress.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Midcentury Homes Houzz TV: See What It’s Like to Live in a Glass House
Tour a couple’s midcentury modern Illinois home, where floor-to-ceiling views of nature are all around
Full Story
Most Popular Organizing Secrets: It’s the Little Things
Get these 8 small areas under control for a major boost in overall tidiness at home
Full Story
Beneficial Insects Gardening for the Bees, and Why It’s a Good Thing
When you discover how hard bees work for our food supply, you may never garden without them in mind again
Full Story