He already proved that he lacks any moral compass...

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

...during the impeachment hearings.

Comeuppance would be a good thing, IMO.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-jordan-sex-abuse-ohio-state-university_n_5e48c4b4c5b64ba297508a4b

"...Former wrestler Adam DiSabato told MSNBC’s Joy Reid that Jordan called him repeatedly to plead with him to contradict DiSabato’s own brother’s account in 2018 that he told Jordan of sexual abuse. DiSabato insisted Jordan was fully aware that Strauss was molesting athletes during physicals.

The sexual abuse was “blatant knowledge throughout our wrestling team,” he told Reid. There are “others that are going to come out on my behalf” to reveal information, and it’s “just going to get worse,” he warned.

For Jordan to “keep denying” he knew what was going on is “just digging himself a bigger hole,” he added.

DiSabato testified before the Ohio House Civil Justice Committee on Tuesday that Jordan was not only aware of allegations of sexual abuse but that the congressman begged others to cover for him. He said then that Jordan “called me crying, groveling ... begging me to go against my brother,” adding: “He’s a coward.”

...Dozens of athletes have filed lawsuits against the university for ignoring allegations of sexual abuse. One suit cites instances of Strauss “drugging and raping athletes” and claims Strauss preyed on underage boys who participated in athletic events on campus.

The university stated in its annual crime report last year that Strauss committed at least 1,429 sexual assaults and 47 rapes during his 20-year tenure. Strauss was never charged and died by suicide in 2005.

When asked about DiSabato’s interview with Reid, the congressman’s communications director, Ian Fury, told Cleveland.com: “Another lie. Congressman Jordan never saw or heard of any abuse, and if he had he would have dealt with it.”..."

Bold type added by me.

SaveComment19Like1
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paprikash

Typical dem character assassination. We’re used to it. Jordan is a good guy.

2 Likes Save    

😆

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Jordon covered up sexual abuse. That’s a good guy? Really?

10 Likes Save    
paprikash

Oh, but he didn’t. Proof?

eta or is this like Schiff evidence — hearsay, lies, he said/he said/she said.

Save    
leona_2008

So all the athletes saying Jordan knew are liars. So glad trump supporters come here to tell us who the liars are. They are such good judges of liars, you know.

19 Likes Save    
Rina

Democrats, you just are not getting the message. If anyone is to have aspersions cast on their moral integrity, these are the conditions on which you may accept that:

1. It will be reported on this forum.

2. It will be a Democrat.

Get that? All Republicans are de facto innocent of everything, so please stop cluttering up the airwaves, as it were.

As for Mr Jordan, shame on him if it's true, and I'm sorry for him if he's the victim of an orchestrated campaign of lies.

5 Likes Save    
Nana H

I figured out awhile back that anyone who accuses Trump or his allies of bad personal behavior is a liar but those who accuse liberals of the same are truth tellers.

Watch it happen with Bloomberg.

6 Likes Save    
bob_cville

Maybe is was someone else calling Adam Sabato, repeatedly, disguising his voice to sound like Jim Jordan, and pleading with Adam to lie about the abuse that had been going on. Perhaps this person presciently knew that someday Jim Jordan would sit in the House of Representatives, and that if Jim Jordan had worked for that long, surrounded by blatant, rampant sexual abuse and somehow managed to remain unaware it was going on, that that level of blithe, obdurate, unperceptiveness might make Jim Jordan a bad US Representative.

Yeah that's the ticket.

In re-reading the OP I see that the alleged phone calls from Jim Jordan to Adam Sabato occurred in 2018. Surely phone records are kept that far back, and having seen Jim Jordan's perspicaciousness on display during some of the televised hearings, I could easily believe that Jim would use his personal cell phone or home phone or office phone to make such a call.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

The university stated in its annual crime report last year that Strauss committed at least 1,429 sexual assaults and 47 rapes during his 20-year tenure. Strauss was never charged and died by suicide in 2005.

It’s hard to imagine Jordon didn’t know.

5 Likes Save    
paprikash

I think he would have done something — but neither one of us know for sure and we are all presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Except Hillary, Schiff, the Bidens and anyone else Trump deems the enemy.

11 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

This doesn't sound too much different than what happened at Penn State except they were there own athletes not young children and x- coach. Why shouldn't Jordan not be in trouble if it was swept under the rug and ignored? Remember coach Joe Paterno?

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/joe-paterno-fast-facts/index.html

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I think he would have done something

He did; he remained silent.

He protected the university at the expense of the student athletes.

9 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Perhaps they miscounted.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Another former member of the Ohio State wrestling team is accusing current U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan of inaction during his time as an assistant coach, standing silent as a team doctor molested hundreds.

The university has since confirmed Strauss, who died by suicide in 2005, committed nearly 1,500 acts of fondling and more than 40 [deleted] between the late 1970s and 1990s. More than 300 accusers from multiple sports have since come forward, and it has been concluded school higher-ups and even officials from the state medical board knew of red flags against Strauss but failed to take proper action.

5 Likes Save    

In case somebody didn't bother to read the linked article:

"A referee stated in a lawsuit filed late last year that Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at the university — and that he reported the encounter to Jordan. “Yeah, that’s Strauss,” Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson responded, according to the lawsuit."

Jordan sure seems like a slimy guy, doesn't he?

Save    
bob_cville

While yes in the United States a person is considered innocent, until he is PROOOOOVEN guilty you cannot merely presume a person is innocent based on "thinking he would have done something" and refuse to investigate any and all allegations of wrongdoing, and declare that person innocent because there is no proof. Even if you want to get on to more important matters of Justice, like investigating people who dare to try to bring Republican wrongdoing to light.

Oh wait! It appears you can refuse to investigate any and all allegations of wrongdoing, ignore blatantly obvious information in front of you, and declare a person innocent because there is no proof. Just see the Republican Senate in their sham "Impeachment Trial"

8 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Comments on Trump's lack of a moral compass.....

7 Likes Save    
Rina

Now there's a man I can respect. Hats off to Mr Sathe and all like him.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

All of those things in Jim Sathe’s letter above ARE PROVEN.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design 12 Ways to Make Any Bathroom Look Bigger
These designer tricks can help you expand your space — without moving any walls
Full Story
Gardening Guides A California Dream Garden Brings Healing and Wholeness
John Calhoun was looking for a place to rest. Instead, he found a new life and a lasting passion for plants and nature
Full Story
Decluttering 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story