SaveComment24Like5
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tito Milian

The Biden Five

Save    
Tito Milian

Has Warren demanded her resignation yet and what is with the racism?

Better send more Antifa goons to intimidate her in public or call for her husband to be stabbed in the heart.

That’s the resistance playbook

Gotta persist!!

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Tito, I'm all for free speech, including my free speech to call someone out for making inappropriate death threats to another, public official or not.

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Isn't that the way justice is supposed to work? Innocence depends on how much money you're willing to pay? Really sweet for the donald that he didn't even have to use his own money for that vote.

I could be wrong but it seems Murkowski's vote has been for sale before. Kind of like how Collins has to pretend to be all intent on doing the right thing before she votes with her party.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Talk about stacking the deck with Chao and McConnell.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Payday!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Right up trump's alley as he's expert at using OPM: Other People's Money....in this case it's our money, the taxpayers.

4 Likes Save    
roxanna7

"Finest" government money can buy...

2 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Wow!

These folks have abandoned any pretense of integrity, it seems...

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

No need for pretense any more...eliot ness is gone....no untouchables left.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Thanks, Annie, for sharing this info.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
bfox254

The price these senators should pay now is defeat in their next election. In the long-term, history will judge them for excusing away the behavior of a corrupt, incompetent fool.

7 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Just $20 Mill?....repubs are so cheaply bought when it comes to Not doing the right thing. Jury tampering is an understatement. The swamp is swamped.

5 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

All the GOP are grifters now.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Jury tampering in plain sight.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

This is one of the reasons block grants for Medicaid would be a disaster. He would reward those states that vote for him.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Is this different than other years? Is there a website where we can see if other states just received grants?

Save    
Kathy

I can’t find individual states currently but Trump is proposing a block grant for education. It sounds as if states can take the Federal money and appropriate it as how they see fit. How it’s determined what states get the grants and how much I’m not sure.

Nevertheless, let's examine this proposed block grant for a moment. When Washington wants to convert a program into a block grant, it takes a grant program and its corresponding funding, converts the money into a lump sum, loosens or does away with federal requirements, and turns the money over to states so that they assume significantly greater control.

Conservatives often support block grants as a strategy to limit the federal government's power and streamline programs. But liberals often say these grants tend to represent funding cuts and can unfairly restrict resources for those in need.

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campaign-k-12/2020/02/trump-see-29-education-programs-block-grant.html

1 Like Save    
Chi

Thank you for sharing this important information. Trump supporters will dismiss it but he cannot win with them alone and I'm hopeful more and more of this corruption will come to light before the elections. Not only for Trump but McConnell as well.

1 Like Save    
Toby

Two of the grants in the above comments are infrastructure grants. Our mayor was in D.C. a few weeks ago for a mayor's conference and he was excited to learn about some infrastructure grants for our city.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Timing is everything, some say.

Save    
Kathy

Toby is your mayor Rep or Dem?

Save    
Toby

Independent. This is a sanctuary city too and he said Trump went off-script and made some comments about sanctuary cities. Had to get a little dig in.

I'm sure the state receives the grant and their legislature disperses the money to the cities, so it doesn't matter what a particular city's mayor is.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Yes, I believe so too.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Sinks Kitchen Sinks: Easy-Clean, Surprisingly Affordable Ceramic
You get a lot for the price with ceramic sinks, and they're available everywhere. See the pros and cons here
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Vintage Finds and Period Details in Northern Ireland
A couple make a Victorian house their own with upcycled pieces, salvaged materials and thoughtful restoration
Full Story
Furniture Hot Looks From the Spring 2013 High Point Market
By Pangaea
Get an eyeful of some of the colors, textures, materials and more taking a big stand at North Carolina's huge furnishings trade show
Full Story