Trump Punishes New York State

nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Once a bully, always a bully.

And a bully cannot admit wrongdoing; i.e., Trump Foundation fraud.

Trump appears to link national security decisions to demand that New York drop investigations

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/13/trump-new-york-investigations-114991

From the article:

President Donald Trump appeared Thursday to link his administration's policies toward New York to a demand that the state drop investigations and lawsuits related to his administration as well as his personal business and finances.

Hours before New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was set to meet the president at the White House, Trump tweeted that Cuomo “must understand” that National Security far exceeds politics,” a reference to his administration’s recent decision to halt New York’s access to the Global Entry and other “trusted traveler” programs that allow New Yorkers faster border crossings and shorter airport lines.

Trump continued, “New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes.”

Trump’s invocation of “lawsuits & harrassment” was a reference to the state’s numerous lawsuits against his administration and also against Trump’s business, which is based in New York. State attorney general Letitia James has subpoenaed for Trump’s financial records, and the state is pursuing multiple inquiries about the Trump Organization’s business practices. James also just secured a $2 million settlement from Trump’s now-defunct charitable foundation, which was accused of numerous violations of misuse of funds.

The settlement prompted a sharp rebuke from Trump, who tweeted on Nov. 7 that James’ suit against the foundation was for “political purposes.”

“When you stop violating the rights and liberties of all New Yorkers, we will stand down,” James said Thursday, responding to Trump’s tweet. “Until then, we have a duty and responsibility to defend the Constitution and the rule of law. BTW, I file the law suits, not the Governor.”

Trump’s linkage of the investigations and lawsuits to his national security-related decisions involving New York immediately called back to House Democrats’ warning that Trump — if acquitted in last week’s impeachment trial — could leverage federal resources to coerce states to take actions that benefit him personally or politically.

SaveComment23Like2
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

*vindictive* bully.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
ubro(2a)

^^^Yup but in Trump world 'appears to' morphs into 'did' then goes to 'so what' I am the POTUS I can bully whome ever I please, it is in the Constitution.

ETA It annoys me when I post a response to a meme, now missing, then it is deleted and It looks like my comment is to the person directly above my post.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
Joaniepoanie

Keep it up Donnie—-you might just get impeached again..... and again and again.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
Kathy

That figures. One of his quid pro quo’s. I won’t punish NY if you give me what I want. It’s a pattern of behavior.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
margaritadina

Cuomo caved on the global entry, he will cave on this one, too.

Save    
Kathy

Trump tells Cuomo to drop lawsuits for his taxes.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
lurker111

“When you stop violating the rights and liberties of all New Yorkers, we will stand down,”

Insanity.

Save    
lurker111

No frivolous law suits in Texas.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Let the strong arming begin. We really had no doubts he would eventually get there. Stinks of Mob behavior.

petalique

Trump always hobnobbed and worked with organized crime. He’s not an A-list kinda guy.

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/02/13/trump-new-york-lawsuits.html

Link to screen shot of Trump's tweet threatening NYS.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Where is the threat? This is getting ridiculous. There is no excuse for the way the crats are acting.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump: "New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment,"

Ziemia(6a)

Trump: "don’t bring Fredo!"

vgkg (Va Z-7)

There is no excuse for the way the crats are acting.

It's trump's acting that has no excuse other than he is corrupt to the core, ....and he's not acting.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
lurker111

Unhealthy imagination.

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

This abuse of power is precisely what I am so upset about wrt New Yorkers being made ineligible for NEXUS.

The merest suggestion that a United States citizen’s access to federal programs depends on a state’s compliance with the president’s dictates is madness.

Trump is mad.

Kathy

His deals seem more like extortion. He has the power and he uses it to punish people.

Nana H

All Americans need to really think about this. A President punishing residents in a State that he has personal political issues with.

Think !!!!!!

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits

I would say that the NYS investigation of the Trump Foundation was *very necessary.*

Tip to Trump: Don't flagrantly break the law and expect to receive a free pass.

7 Likes Save    
chipotle

6 Likes Save     Thanked by nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
queenmargo

IMPEACH

Save    
petalique

“Nice City you have there — be a shame if something were to happen....”

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Small Homes My Houzz: Eclectic Studio in the Heart of New York City
A comfortable 520-square-foot apartment basks in the glow of its iconic neighbor, the Empire State Building
Full Story
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Historical Richness for a Stately Alabama Home
Original details and expertly crafted features charm in this handsome century-old Birmingham home
Full Story