Bloomberg Pays People To Make Memes

catkinZ8a

Who is he paying to tweet for him?

Mike Bloomberg campaign pays influencers for memes

• 2 hours ago

Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg is paying social media influencers to back him in the hope of reaching younger voters.

His campaign has commissioned some of the internet's top-viral creators to generate content about him that has reached tens of millions of followers.

The former New York Mayor's campaign director said its meme strategy was new to presidential politics.

He has already spent more than $300m in his bid to win the White House.

Mr Bloomberg, a former Republican, is one of eight remaining contenders vying to become the Democratic presidential candidate who will challenge President Donald Trump in November's election.

Sabrina Singh, Mr Bloomberg's national spokeswoman, said: "Mike Bloomberg 2020 has teamed up with social creators to collaborate with the campaign, including the meme world.

"While a meme strategy may be new to presidential politics, we're betting it will be an effective component to reach people where they are and compete with President Trump's powerful digital operation."

What are the posts saying?

The campaign has been working with Meme 2020, a company that represents some of the biggest social media accounts in the so-called influencer economy.

@GrapeJuiceBoys - an account that often posts memes about black culture and has 2.7m followers - confirmed to the BBC it had produced paid content for the Bloomberg campaign, but said it did not personally endorse the candidate.

Posts about Mr Bloomberg have also appeared in @Tank.Sinatra (2.3m followers) and the account run by Jerry Media (14.9m followers), as well as several others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51493403

SaveComment17Like
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

How shocking

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Where do you think Trump's campaign gets their memes? Someone makes them, DUH!

7 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

It's been fun watching the Left abandon their values to back a billionaire who is thus far, quite literally, buying his way into the Presidency.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

It's been fun watching the Left abandon their values...

Glad you’re having fun. Hasn’t been fun watching the right abandon theirs, for the past four years.

10 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Trump supporters make memes free of charge, DUH.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump doesn't like paying people with his money.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

You KNOW I am loving this whole meme thing. LOL, I have been meme-ing for more than 3 years and the left has denounced meme-ing every step of the way. NOW, memes are good loll loll looll.... just took a mini man with money to meme. Priceless!

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Bloomberg is not my first choice, but I'm very happy that he wants to spend his billions against Trump.

I'm not abandoning any of my values -- I don't care where anyone's money comes from as long as the Dems win. None of that "purity" BS for me. As long as Republicans running for office have super PACS and Citizens United and all the foreign money they can get it would be foolish to turn good money away.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I'm not abandoning any of my values -- I don't care where anyone's money comes from as long as the Dems win.

Even if it was drug money? Sex trafficking money? OK, if that is not abandoning any of your values??

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Do we know where everyone's money comes from? No we don't.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

We know where Bloomberg's money comes from. He didn't inherit Daddy's money. He built a wildly successful business from scratch. It's fine with me if he wants to spend it to get rid of Trump. ,

7 Likes Save    
cyn427 NoVaZone7

This leftie is not a fan of anyone (Republican, Democrat, former Republican-turned Democrat) who tries to buy the presidency.

Save    
bfox254

I don't view it as buying the presidency. Bloomberg has already said that if he doesn't get the nomination, he will use his money to support whoever does. I don't think this is a man who desperately wants to be president, rather he desperately wants Trump gone. The other democratic candidates may scream about him buying the presidency now, but I'm sure he/she will gladly accept Bloomberg's money if they become the nominee. Even Bernie

4 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Well, Bloomy did tweet trump that it's from the neck up that counts.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Cyn - I hear you. I’m a bit conflicted and would probably feel differently about what Bloomberg’s doing, under different circumstances. Bfox makes some good points though, and I’ve liked that from early on he’s pledged full money and staff to support the eventual nominee.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

Liberals repaint their facade in a blink of an eye - from hating billionaires for their tax breaks to prizing them as a ''real'' billionaires. As elastic as your values are, by now they are shredded to peaces, folks ))))

Mike doesn't stand a chance. He is not appealing.

Save    
bfox254

You paint with too broad of a brush. I'm a moderate republican, not a liberal. I don't like hearing certain democratic candidates speak of wealthy people as if they've done something wrong by being wealthy. I do detest Trump though and will vote for whichever democrat ends up as the party's nominee.

4 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping 10 Ways to Make Your Home a Haven
Set up a comfortable environment that encourages relaxation and rejuvenation
Full Story
For Pros ‘Collaboration Pays Off’ and More Tips From Design Pros
Design and building professionals share insights gained from recent renovation projects
Full Story
Photo Flip Photo Flip: 95 Deskscape Dazzlers
Whether you work from home or just need a stylish space in which to pay the bills, these office spaces make the grade
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Dominion Granite and Marble is Northern Virginia and DC's premier fabricator. We specialize in countertops,... Read More