SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saina_behnejad

How to make two sofas which don't together work?

Saina Behnejad
4 years ago

Hi everyone!
I'm moving into my first apartment and spent quite a bit of money on the kitchen re-fit, dining table and chairs, and coffee table and now suddenly I don't have the money for a sofa. Brilliant budgeting on my part. But no worries, my lovely parents came to the rescue. My mum gave me a dark eggplant coloured velvet chesterfield 3 seater sofa she isn't using, and my dad gave me a vintage looking warm leaning darkish brown 1.5 seater with button back detailing that my stepmum apparently hated and is glad to get rid of. Better for me. Wish I could upload photos but don't have any yet! Separately, they're beautiful. Together, I'm really not sure how they'll work. They are both statement pieces, and I'm worried together the colours will clash and throw the room off balance.
For context, I have an open plan kitchen, dining room and living room with white walls (although kitchen is quite dark and moody).
I'll try and upload some photos later, but so far how can I make the sofas work? Shall I get a neutral coloured throw for one of them? Or if I find some art that compliments both colours will that help?

Comments (7)