Retired Cop Attacked in Bar Over 'Make Fifty Great Again' Hat

margaritadina

A woman punched the man in the face and grabbed his hat while yelling 'how dare you'

Woman Punches Retired Cop in Bar Over 'Make Fifty Great Again' Hat

A former NYPD cop claims he was punched in the face by a woman — on his birthday — over his "Make Fifty Great Again" hat.

Daniel Sprague was in The Stage bar Nashville celebrating his 50th birthday over the weekend with his wife, and wearing the gag gift she got him: a red cap with bold white lettering, clearly made to imitate Donald Trump's famous MAGA hats. The only problem was, it imitated it a little too well.

"So while in the the bar," he wrote, "a misguided soul possibly not alone, who I'm assuming was not very literate, spun me around, punch me in the face and grabbing my hat while she was yelling 'how dare you' leading me to think she thought it was a MAGA hat."

And what a punch it was; Sprague posted several photos on Facebook showing a deep cut to his cheekbone with blood dripping down his face, while wearing the offending (to some) hat.

"She gave me a really nice little gouge there — I would assume that she had a ring or she maybe even had a set of keys or something to get it because it is pretty deep and it goes to the bone," he told WSMV.

Sprague said he wanted to press charges against the woman — but she disappeared. Nashville police are now investigating.

"This is wrong. We can't just go around as a society (assaulting people) because somebody has a political opinion that doesn't match theirs," he said "People have different views, but we're not supposed to take it out on each other."

"She has issues. I feel bad for her," he added. "A happy birthday would've been nicer than a punch in the face."

He did add in his Facebook post however that the "unfortunate incident" did not ruin "an excellent B-Day weekend."

https://toofab.com/2020/02/12/woman-punches-retired-cop-in-bar-over-make-fifty-great-again-hat/

Third attack this month from the tolerant and inclusive bunch. Not to mention ANTIFA thugs' riot with few victims of attacks.

SaveComment25Like
Comments (25)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tryingtounderstand

It’s just awful that people get so upset bout politics and who votes for who. Frankly, my attitude is who cares what colour hat someone is wearing! Why bother getting so riled up. Definetky,, no need to become violent, regardless of party!

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

leading me to think she thought it was a MAGA hat

Assumption. Maybe she thought he farted on her. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see. “Obvious” doesn’t cut it anymore, the past few months have shown.

5 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Maybe it's because it was a bar and drinking was involved. It's called a bar fight.

8 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Well, since I live in Nashville, I'll just say it was some crazy tourist since the locals don't act like that. We'll conjecture to our heart's content. Now that I've looked at our news, yep. Tourist. It's honkytonk area 110%. Even the victim (a tourist) didn't "go there".

local reporting of this issue

Sprague said police are reviewing surveillance footage at the downtown
bar. He added that he will be back to Nashville and will continue to
wear his hat saying, “this is just one misguided fool.”

Save    
foodonastump

Toby I was going to ask that, too, but figured she’d find some nut somewhere. Didn’t think she actually thought she read it here. Yikes it’s getting bad.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

No one excused it. Alternate explanations. Wait, wasn't there inappropriate blame on the part of the OP? Unsubstantiated conjecture is wrong. Blame someone else.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL food.

but figured she’d find some nut somewhere.

Save    
queenmargo

Funny how we see ourselves huh?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Lots of fast connections being made by Trump fans here. Why not wait for more info, evidence?

PS: saying it was cuz MAGA - is just one of the "Excuses for violence."

Save    
queenmargo

Why, do you think he pulled a Smollet and hired someone to hit him for a hate crime story?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

PS: saying it was cuz MAGA - is just one of the "Excuses for violence."

He added that he will be back to Nashville and will continue to wear his hat saying, “this is just one misguided fool.”

Save    
margaritadina

''Ziemia(6a)

Lots of fast connections being made by Trump fans here. Why not wait for more info, evidence?

''

Revisit the thread about burned down black churches. Anyone waited for evidence before posting about white supremacists been involved? No.

foodonastamp , great guessing. The guy who drove a minivan into Rep crown was obviously farted towards, too.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Margaritadina - I am not "anyone" or "everyone" and neither are you.

(And the black metal cover doesn't explain why only black churches were involved.)

Save    
foodonastump

Let me spell it out for you guys. A man wears a cap that’s intentionally modeled after a MAGA cap. A woman grabs said cap, says “how dare you”, punches him in the face and runs off. OF COURSE the logical inference is that the attack was based on the woman taking offense to the cap.

But here’s the thing. You (collectively) demonstrate the ability to make educated inferences from straight-forward facts. Then you criticize those who you think cannot. Of course in doing so you demonstrate the inability to read the obvious sarcasm, but more to the point you exhibit astounding hypocrisy. Because that’s all we ask of you every day. Logically follow a path from A to B.

For example (simplified):

1) While discussing foreign aid with an ally, Trump asks for a favor.

2) Several around him are uncomfortable with that request.

3) Hours later he withholds aid.

4) People diplomatically involved with the ally are not given answers as to why aid was withheld.

5) someone escalates the concern and suddenly aid is released.

6) chief of staff admits what happened, then recant.

7) various explanations are given.

8) the president does all he can to withhold evidence and keep witnesses from testifying.

Now, let’s go back up in this thread to where you guys exhibited an ability to draw logical conclusions.

Hope this clarifies things, even if you choose not to admit it.

7 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

Ziemia(6a)

Margaritadina - I am not "anyone" or "everyone" and neither are you.

(And the black metal cover doesn't explain why only black churches were involved.)
''

Actually, it does. I read the extended article about this crime, black metal comes in a package with Satanism. And this is how they worship their ...whatever... lord of darkness.

Save    
foodonastump

By burning black churches not white? And there’s no racist motive? Link please.

Save    
margaritadina

''foodonastump

But here’s the thing. You (collectively) demonstrate the ability to
make educated inferences from straight-forward facts. Then you criticize
those who you think cannot. Of course in doing so you demonstrate the
inability to read the obvious sarcasm, but more to the point you exhibit
astounding hypocrisy.

''

Again, revisit the thread about burned down churches.

False MAGA hat attack was an attack on a conservative. Burned down churches were not a craft of a white supremacist but ''why can't you admit ?'' hit the screen real quick - and we will talk about hypocrisy.

Save    
foodonastump

I don’t see that racism and satanic worship would need to be mutually exclusive. On that thread Ziemia asked about the demographic distribution of churches in that area. Fair question. If there was a good mix and he only targeted black churches, then there could be multiple factors at play. I did think it was fair to consider various motives from the start, and I said so.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

rob333 (zone 7a)

Maybe it's because it was a bar and drinking was involved. It's called a bar fight.

Amazing.

Save    
margaritadina

''foodonastump I don’t see that racism and satanic worship would need to be mutually exclusive.''

You wouldn't, but the facts would. Read the story.

Save    
foodonastump

Link it and I will. Promise.

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

It could be that the guy insulted the woman and she didn't like it. We don't really know, do we?

Save    
numbersjunkie

Toofab? Lol.

Save    
margaritadina

''

foodonastump

Link it and I will. Promise.
''

It will be a lie, but nothing new here. Covington boys were announced ''racist'', gun rights rally in VA was announced as ''a far-right'' rally. And myriads other alternative reality facts.

Save    
petalique

Magats are not “conservatives.”

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Downsizing Houzz Call: What Are You Doing to Prepare for Retirement at Home?
One of the great joys of working less — or not at all — is more time to enjoy your home. What projects are you tackling?
Full Story
Moving Retirement Reinvention: Boomers Plot Their Next Big Move
Choosing a place to settle in for the golden years? You're not alone. Where boomers are going and what it might look like
Full Story
Life Overnight Guests Coming? How to Be a Great Host
Ensure a good time for all — including yourself — by following these steps for preparing for and hosting houseguests
Full Story