Fed chief issues stark warning to Congress on deficits

chipotle

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/482617-fed-chief-issues-stark-warning-to-congress-on-deficits?fbclid=IwAR2lFZnQr0ZIeW2lsMbghdSNbzHSG0BG_O96t0-yMrSRkrn2jmLU_KDQELQ

When the downturn comes and we have no tools to curb it, disaster will follow. Republicans who proposed budgets with trillion dollar deficits will blame Democrats, the Fed, or say, "Who knew?" Vote them out, all of them!

SaveComment8Like2
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lurker111

Of course we'll blame obama and the crats. They are the ones who are responsible for the current mess.

Save    
leona_2008

Powell didn't get the message that he can't say anything that would conflict with trump in any way? trump knows more than Powell! and we can rest assuredly that trump will always look out for our best interests!

/sarcasm

1 Like Save    
how2girl

He’ll find a way to fire the Fed Chief.

1 Like Save    
bob_cville

Off with his head!

Save    
Iris GW

Oh, who cares what educated people say!?

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

My position may be melodramatic, but I see deep national debt as the future enslavement of my kids and grandkids and I mean that in a very literal sense.

3 Likes Save    
dadoes

45 and his contemporaries don't plan on being around for the crash in 15+ years. They're concerned only with getting their jollies today.

1 Like Save    
chipotle

Miss Lindsey, as it will be. I don't have kids or grands, but I can't imagine anyone who does thinking this is ok. It's the epitome of selfishness.

1 Like Save