UN lists 112 businesses linked to Israeli settlements

haydayhayday

"The Palestinians said the report was a "victory for international law", but Israel called it "shameful".

About 600,000 Jews live in about 140 settlements built since Israel's occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem in 1967. The settlements are widely considered illegal under international law, though Israel has always disputed this.

The Palestinians have long called for the removal of the settlements, arguing that their presence on land they claim for a future independent Palestinian state makes it almost impossible to make such a state a reality.

Last month, US President Donald Trump unveiled a peace plan that may pave the way for Israel annexing the settlements.

In an address to the UN Security Council on Tuesday, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas reiterated his rejection of Mr Trump's plan, describing the proposed Palestinian state as looking "like a Swiss cheese".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51477231

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=25542&LangID=E

https://old.danwatch.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Detailed-list-of-companies-oPt-Danwatch-2017.pdf

18. General Mills, Inc. (US) The American food giant General Mills’ products are produced by the Israeli company Shalgal (Food) Ltd. in its factor y in the illegal industrial zone Atarot in the occupied West Bank. Shalgal (Food) Ltd. confirms these activities in a conversation with Danwatch.

https://www.generalmills.com/en/Brands/Overview

Contact us:

Consumers:

Phone: 1-800-248-7310

Hay

SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

America the "peacemaker". What a joke.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

This is exactly the rot that Pelosi has allowed to fester in her party: targeting and punishing with as Omar calls it, "economic warfare", anyone who dare do business with Jews.

The U.N. is a joke and has gone full-bore anti-Semite since Trump got elected.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The U.N. is a joke and has gone full-bore anti-Semite since Trump got elected.

^^^^This is not a statement of fact.

7 Likes Save    
Nana H

My feelings about Israel and US support of them precedes Trump by decades.

2 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

"This is exactly the rot that Pelosi has allowed to fester in her party: targeting and punishing with as Omar calls it, "economic warfare", anyone who dare do business with Jews.

The U.N. is a joke and has gone full-bore anti-Semite since Trump got elected."

We're talking Israel here.

Good try at conflating the two.

You're starting to believe your own propaganda.

Hay

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

What is this other than a boycott to punish Jewish companies and anyone doing business with Jewish companies?

The pro-Palestine, Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood Left is trying to financially starve the settlements.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Tell you what I’ll vote for Bloomberg to make up for it.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

It really blows me away that states like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and China are passing judgment on Israel. The fact they get away with it is nauseating. I'm glad the US withdrew from the Human Rights Council.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Congrats for supporting this. You're in the company of the Arab League, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, South Africa, Venezuela and Cuba.

Save    
elvis

Nana H

My feelings about Israel and US support of them precedes Trump by decades.

Good to know.

1 Like Save    

It really blows me away that states like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and China are passing judgment

Trump and Jared are pals with the Saudis.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Human Rights Watch said the list "should put all companies on notice: to do business with illegal settlements is to aid in the commission of war crimes."

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

HRW is a deep-pockets, left-wing NGO and for over a decade, has declared itself a ring leader for BDS.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

It really blows me away that states like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and China are passing judgment on Israel. The fact they get away with it is nauseating. I'm glad the US withdrew from the Human Rights Council.

It blows my mind that Trump strong arms other countries for personal favours and the fact he gets away with it is nauseating.

It blows my mind that now you are upset at Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and China for passing judgement when Trump lets a man be brutally dismembered and still is buddies with MBS, and Trump assassinates a foreign official, those actions are just as nauseating.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Trump assassinates a foreign official, those actions are just as nauseating.

That would be a foreign terrorist.

What is it with people that are nauseated over the death of a known terrorist killing so many innocent people????

Save    
ubro(2a)

That would be a foreign terrorist.

Still foreign, yes a terrorist, but a slippery slope.

What is it about people not being upset over the Khashoggi murder? and that the POTUS had a 'gut' feeling that MBS was telling the truth when he said he did not know about it. He did, admitted it, and still Trump sidles up to him like a puppy wanting a treat.

Save    
haydayhayday

Hu....952:

"Congrats for supporting this. You're in the company of the Arab League, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, South Africa, Venezuela and Cuba."

South Africa?

Before or after the fall of Apartheid?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93South_Africa_relations

Contents

Funny.

Hay

Save    

Re the allegation that HRW is a left-wing NGO:

Since when are human rights solely the concern of the left?

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life How to Help Your Dog Be a Good Neighbor
Good fences certainly help, but be sure to introduce your pup to the neighbors and check in from time to time
Full Story
Your First House So You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 9 Ways to Appreciate Your House Just as It Is
Look on the bright side — or that soothingly dark corner — to feel genuine gratitude for all the comforts of your home
Full Story