President Trump's RECORD-BREAKING INCUMBENT NH Voter Turnout

catkinZ8a

Trump breaks New Hampshire record for voter turnout for any incumbent president

by Dominick Mastrangelo | February 12, 2020 02:19 PM

Turnout for voters supporting President Trump in New Hampshire surpassed the state record for that of any incumbent president over the last 40 years.

Trump earned more than 110,000 votes in the state's Republican primary on Tuesday, more than double the previous record set by former President Barack Obama, who received just over 49,000 votes in 2012. The last Republican presidential incumbent, George W. Bush, got 52,962 votes in the New Hampshire primary in 2004.

Overall, voter turnout has been steadily rising for both parties for years.

Trump, who has no serious primary challenger in 2020, celebrated the news in a late-night tweet on Tuesday.
Thank you Brad! https://t.co/qv4qcj704y
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2020

His share of the vote also approached the record set for incumbent presidents by former President Ronald Reagan in 1984. With 98% of precincts reporting, the president has 85% of the vote, just below Reagan's 86.43% record.

New Hampshire's Republican governor predicts that Trump will cruise to victory in his state's general election this fall, after narrowly losing it to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“When [voters] go into that ballot box, that’s why they are going to be pulling the lever, and Donald Trump is going to win New Hampshire — because we kind of match our pro-business message with his economic success,” Gov. Chris Sununu said. "The [Democrats] that are clearly phonies."

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders was declared the winner of the Democratic presidential primary in New Hampshire.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-breaks-new-hampshire-record-for-voter-turnout-for-any-incumbent-president

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Yeah Ann’s pretty excited about it, too. Who knows, the way things are going perhaps by November there will effectively only be one name on that ballot, too!

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5867312/new-hampshire-voter-turnout#n=1

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Gotta admit people are really excited. I was just at the supermarket and went to the bathroom to wash my hands after using the coinstar machine. There it was, pro Trump nonsense scratched into the hand dryer. Only the best!

Save    
margaritadina

It is a pretty unbelievable voter turnout ))))). I still haven't decided what to call Trump, a ''bulldozer'' or a ''locomotive'' ))))

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Both :~)

3 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

1 Like Save    
maddie260

Let's put numbers in perspective. In 2016, there were 285,916 Republican primary voters in New Hampshire. In 2020, there were 151,602 Republican primary voters. A little trouble getting out the vote?

3 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

I still haven't decided what to call Trump, a ''bulldozer'' or a ''locomotive'' ))))

Half right, the Bull & Loco parts

(apparently I have to edit my previous post)

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump supporters seem to use % when that kind of number supports Trump and raw numbers when % do not support Trump.

Save    
Toby

Great news for Dems!

The final precinct in New Hampshire reported its results Wednesday, bringing the total count of Democratic ballots to 296,622. That is substantially higher than in 2016, when turnout was 250,983.

Save