SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Need your eyes for my bedroom...

Sueb20
4 years ago

I need feedback and suggestions from my friends here. When we moved to this house about 18 mos ago, I basically threw stuff into the bedrooms and then concentrated on our year+ renovation to the exterior and kitchen. Now I want to focus on our master bedroom, which even in our other houses has been low priority, I guess because no one else really sees it. Unlike in our last home, this isn’t truly a “master” because it’s no bigger than the other bedrooms and doesn’t have an en suite bath (though we have a hall bath that‘s only used by us). Like many Victorians, our rooms are smallish and kinda wonky so I’m a bit limited but here goes.

Current state of affairs:

Bedding is sad. I’ve ordered new quilt and shams; see below.

The white jewelry unit in the last photo is going.

I love our little vintage bench but it’s not really that useful. I may replace it with some sort of low bookcase — although I do store sheets in there so then I’d have to relocate the sheets...somewhere.

The two cherry dressers stay. They were pricey and we like them. We contemplated getting new nightstands when we moved, but decided to wait and see. So new nightstands are an option. New lamps too?

Drapes? I like simple window treatments but I’m on the fence about maybe adding something. The radiator is a factor.

My style is generally eclectic, but I’m tempted to coordinate this room more using the cherry dressers as anchors — maybe similar style cherry nightstands, and get rid of the cutesy bench and the mirror over the one dresser (which is vintage like the bench). Keep the furniture clean and simple?

If we don’t replace the bench with a bookcase, I’d want nightstands with an open shelf or shelves below for books. Can’t see it in the pics, but DH has a giant stack of books on the floor next to his nightstand.

This is the bedding I’ve ordered:

And I have these sheets/shams as well as a solid set.

What do you all think?

Comments (166)