Team Bloomberg Reworks Trump's Post-Acquittal Speech

dublinbay z6 (KS)

I couldn't get this twitter image to re-copy here on HT, so you will have to click on this link--https://twitter.com/i/status/1225566201079848960--to view Team Bloomberg's hilarious version of Trump's speech.

As you watch/listen to it, remember that according to The WashingtonPost, "Trump’s time in office had by mid-January been marked by more than 16,000 lies."

-------

Enjoy.

Kate

SaveComment16Like
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudhouse

I really like memes. I like understanding why they work, I admire the creativity of people who make them, and I think the way that people communicate through memes is truly fascinating.

But, man. That has to be one of the worst memes I've ever seen. Good thing Bloomberg has so much money it doesn't matter that he paid the wrong guy to do this one.

Yikes. And my objection isn't about the content; it's just about how poorly the meme works. Two and a half minutes of that? Oy.

But, just my two cents. Enjoy (?)

1 Like Save    
zmith

Ok. I get the “liar, liar, pants on fire” gingerbread man, but that’s a really lame meme. There’s a much better vid meme in the comments that’s from the SOTU address.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I think by now many here know I’m putting a lot of hope on Bloomberg but man, I’m with mudhouse, that was weak.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I admit I don't understand the gingerbread man part. Trying to be kind to Bloomberg, I will say the animation is really well done.

C'mon, Team Bloomberg, you can do better, I know you can.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I guess I was the only one who was amused. I saw the boring repetition of "lies" as a comment on how Trump lies and lies and lies and lies and . . . . (on and on . . .) without end!

Kind of the political equivalent of Charlie Brown's teacher's endless "Wah, wah, wah, wah . . . "

Except that Team Bloomberg's version was a comment on how substanceless Trump's post-acquittal speech was.

Kate

Save    
catkinZ8a

That's what you get when basement-dwelling millennial Trump haters run your campaign.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I wanted to like this but it is too lame. Sorry. Maybe if it had been a lot shorter.

Save    
barncatz

Bloomberg has a couple I like much better in the comments, including the one that has this header:

Trump inherited this economy just like he inherited his wealth.
Yet he takes credit for both.
We see right through you, Mr. President.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

lol. Trump will destroy the late bloomer. Bloomer is one big used up cliché.

Save    
Kathy

It would be even more funny if they live fact checked Trump during a live speech. When I hear him talk my mind is doing the same thing as he speaks but to hear it out loud would be enlightening for some. Who believes him?

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I am increasingly interested in Bloomberg, but that meme was awful. I know his team can do better than that.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I think Bloomberg is just trying to get a reaction out of Trump. Hoping Trump will go on a crazy twitter rage over the meme. It's called poking the bear. Poking the bear can be fun and entertaining. They had to make the meme simple enough for Trump to understand.

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

Yes, that was pretty lame, lacking much imagination. It had to be simple so he could understand.

Save    
zmith

I wonder if the meme's simplicity was intentional, implying Trump's speeches are boring, simple and full of lies.

Save    
mudhouse

zmith, possibly. Maybe the repetition was supposed to be like the "wa-wa-wa" sound substituted in the Charlie Brown cartoons when adults were supposed to be speaking (?)

Maybe it should have been a 20 second meme. Make the simple point and move on.

Because there are jokes about Bloomberg's height, I thought it was odd to choose a small figure scampering around Trump's broad shoulders. Not sure they thought about Trump's nickname of "Little Mikey" when they planned that meme. I'm not saying the gingerbread man was supposed to be Bloomberg, but the reference to scale seems unhelpful. That's going to be where a lot of joke-makers go...fair or not.

Just like people go after Trump's girth.

Save    
zmith

Agreed, Mudhouse. 20 seconds was more than I could take of the meme.

1 Like Save