Lying, dog-faced pony soldier

margaritadina

''

Former Vice President Joe Biden bizarrely called a young woman a “lying dog-faced pony soldier” at a campaign event in New Hampshire on Sunday.

The woman had just asked the presidential hopeful about his fourth-place standing in the Iowa caucuses.

“How do you explain the performance in Iowa and why should voters believe that you can win the national election?” she asked, according to a clip of the exchange.

Biden, 77, admitted it was a legitimate question but then asked her: “Iowa’s a caucus. Have you ever been to a caucus?”

When she indicated she had, Biden responded: “No, you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier,” drawing laughter from the crowd.

''

https://nypost.com/2020/02/09/joe-biden-calls-woman-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-at-campaign-event/

SaveComment91Like
Comments (91)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
margaritadina

Point out the reference, please.

Save    
HU-885118952

Biden's a car wreck.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

It's a John Wayne quote? Beyond arcane. Joe should have just went with, "Malarkey!", or sniffed her hair or something.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Just in case some disparage your choice of sources, marg, here's another. This is very strange...

HAMPTON, N.H. — Former Vice President Joe Biden offered a puzzling response to a voter who asked how he can be expected to win a national election after placing fourth in Iowa. At a campaign event in New Hampshire, the woman warned Biden that she was about to ask a potentially mean question before saying, "How do you explain the performance in Iowa, and why should voters believe that you can win the national election?"

Biden said the question was legitimate but then asked whether she had "ever been to a caucus" before. She signaled that she had, to which Biden said: "No, you haven't. You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier." The audience laughed in response.

The comment is a reference to a line Biden has used before, one he has claimed is from a John Wayne movie. As he finished answering the woman's question, Biden said it was "not a mean question" but "an honest question." It's unclear what movie Biden was referring to. The woman told The Washington Post that she was surprised by his reaction. "I'm not one to just push on wounds. I'm not trying to humiliate anyone,” she said.

Scrutiny of Biden's campaign has intensified in recent days following his underwhelming performance in Iowa.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-jokingly-calls-new-hampshire-voter-lying-dog-faced-pony-n1133246

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

This is apparently the closest match so far (among those searching for the reference in old John Wayne movies.)

The line in this one is “The pony soldier speaks with a tongue of the snake that rattles.” And there is a reference to "dog soldiers." So pretty close.

I think he was trying to be funny. But I agree it was a little odd.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

LYING...DOG-FACED...

Imagine.

This young female student stood up in front of everyone to ask him a question and this is how he responds.

Someone PLEASE take him back the the nursing home!

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Reciting lines from a John Wayne movie will not gain the attention from the young voters.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

foodonastump

She didn’t get the reference. I wouldn’t have either, way before my time. Big deal.

It doesn't matter how old you are, Food. There's a problem with "the reference". It never happened. No John Wayne film had that line, or one like it. In fact, no one has found any movie with that line.

Save    
mudhouse

Reciting lines from a John Wayne movie will not gain the attention from the young voters.

Agreed. But it did generate some publicity...(although I doubt that was the plan.)

I don't think Biden has much hope of targeting young voters.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Thanks for the video catkin. The young gals face said it all;( She did not know what the heck he was saying. LOL

2 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

foodonastump

Point out the reference, please

It’s in the article you linked. Read it if you care.
''

''dog-faced''? I cant find it.

Who on Earth calls a young woman ''a lying dog-faced''?

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Oh what a calamity. Coulda just waited for an inevitable blunder like this to decimate Biden’s candidacy, rather than face impeachment for blackmailing an ally.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Maybe Biden will take her for a Dairy Queen, LOL

1 Like Save    
elvis

Coulda just waited for an inevitable blunder like this to decimate Biden’s candidacy, rather than face impeachment for blackmailing an ally.

Well, duh. Trump is many things, and stupid is not one of them. See how unrealistic that alleged motive was? SMH.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Because there's a good way to call a woman, "dog faced"?

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Who said it was a calamity? We can discuss Trump's weight, hair, marriages, morals, business dealings, diet, speech patterns, and everything under the sun, but it's off limits to have a post about a story that's all over the internet?

It doesn't make him look sharp or aware that he's using a reference nobody gets. He's running for president. People are gonna talk about it.

I agree, though, from the tone in the room, it sounds like they just laughed it off. Doesn't make it any less strange.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

lol food... we can read through the lines, lol

Is this another experiment? ;)

Save    
catkinZ8a

What was the movie, Joe?

Save    
margaritadina

''

foodonastump

Who on Earth calls a young woman ''dog-faced''?

It was goofy, I’ll give you that. But people laughed, which tells me the tone in which it was delivered and generally received.
''

It wasn't goofy, it was awful. Rude. Have you noticed that only few laughed?

It's not the first time when Biden insults his potential voters.

''

Molly Nagle

@MollyNagle3

WATCH: A tense exchange with a voter at ⁦

@JoeBiden’s event in New Hampton, IA this morning, where a voter started out by telling Biden he had two problems with him: he was too old, and his son’s work in Ukraine''

''you are a dmn lair''

https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1202648690302869505

It looks like every time the truth is revealed Biden rolls out his ''liar'' argument.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''catkinZ8a

What was the movie, Joe?''

Don't ask him, catkin. He will mix up places and events and at the end probably call you a liar.

2 Likes Save    
margaritadina

She is not the first person he calls a liar, and it's true, he's done not great in Iowa.

foodonastamps, can i call you 'a dog face'' jokingly (I tell you in advance that you can't call me 'dog-faced', I'll take it as an insult)?

Save    
elvis

Um, he called her that, jokingly, after she had answered affirmatively that she had been at a caucus. It wasn’t in response or defense of some “truth.”

Maybe it's just me, but I find parallels between "truth" and "honesty":

Biden admits, “That’s a good question,” and went on to list why he did not seem to perform well. The former Delaware senator says, “Number 1: I was a Democrat in caucus. You ever go to caucus?”

While you can’t see in the video posted on social media, she answers him and he replies, “No you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

You said you were but you have to be honest and I am now going to be honest with you.”

https://thesource.com/2020/02/09/joe-biden-lying-dog-face-pony-soldier/

Save    
Chi

Biden's a car wreck.

What does that mean? I've heard of people being called a train wreck but not a car wreck. I'm hoping it's not a reference to the car wreck that killed his wife and infant daughter.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Biden did not call the questioner "dog-faced." He called her a "pony soldier" whom he described as "dog-faced." I assume that description comes from the "dog soldiers" of the Plains Indians--the elite fighters of the tribe.

I think Biden has mixed together several different traditions, except that John Wayne didn't say it--though it sounds like something "Big Jake" might very well say.

I'm sure it was intended as a mock-serious joke.

Kate

Save    
margaritadina

''

foodonastump

And sure, you can call me whatever you’d like. But I prefer you
calling me “foodonastamps”; this wasn’t the first time and it makes me
laugh.

''

I think that you saying it jokingly, I wouldn't do it to you, or anyone else, foodonastamp ('s' wasn't intentional either).

''catkinZ8a BIDEN:
“Look, fat”''

Oh, yah, forgot about this one. What was the name of the movie that he was referring to ?

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

Shallow Hal ;)

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

jon gabriel

@exjon

·11h

Biden’s never polled well with the lying dog-faced pony soldier demographic.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Turn off the lights. The party's over.

4 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

Chi

7 hours ago

”Biden's a car wreck.

What does that mean? I've heard of people being called a train wreck but not a car wreck. I'm hoping it's not a reference to the car wreck that killed his wife and infant daughter.“

Allusions elude

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Biden is becoming a demented dinosaur.

He should know when to leave the party but he's only been a partygoer all his life.

He knows nothing else.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Trump supporters... can you even read your own posts? Trump can be funny but his attempts to demean appearance are uniformly ugly. Sorry, but it's one of his least likeable traits. Ask any mother, including Melania.

5 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

"Biden is becoming a demented dinosaur."

He was born demented.
He really is not very smart.

Incredibly stupid actually.

That's a fact.

Hay

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

A fictional movie script? That's where biden gets his lines? Too funny...and sad.

Save    
Ann

I'm glad I saw this thread because I had no idea why he said that to the woman.

Save    
mudhouse

Trump supporters... can you even read your own posts? Trump can be funny but his attempts to demean appearance are uniformly ugly. Sorry, but it's one of his least likeable traits.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5864920/whoo-boy-dude-needs-a-makeup-artist-melania-ivanka#n=34

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5864926/why-isn-t-anyone-telling-hair-emperor#n=79

3 Likes Save    
Chi

I don't see barncatz posting in that link, mudhouse.

1 Like Save    
Chi

"Allusions elude"

Not much of an answer. I've never heard that phrase before and that's the only connection I'm aware of to Biden and car wrecks.

Save    
mudhouse

The point is, Chi, the post by barncatz was directed at Trump supporters.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

I got it mudhouse. So, you know they should have lol lol

1 Like Save    
Chi

I see consistent statements. Barncatz doesn't think Trump should be supported in demeaning appearance, and she hasn't participated in other threads poking fun of his appearances.

Maybe to be even more consistent she should have said that no one should support Trump demeaning appearance, not just Trump supporters. :)

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Anyway, biden is history and pete isn't the answer.

Next...

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

https://www.today.com/health/morbid-curiosity-why-we-cant-look-away-tragic-images-1D79947683

Chi, I'll be the annoying person that explains. The first few lines of the above article uses car wrecks as an example of how nobody can look away from awful things. It's not a new reference, at all, and I'm surprised you've never seen it.

Of course it's not a reference to the crash that killed his wife and daughter, and injured his two sons. I can't believe you really thought that, as heated as comments get here. Really?

I have the same feeling every time there's a new video of a Biden gaffe. I look but I don't really want to. I've been saying from the start that his gaffes made me feel bad. I didn't like watching decline in family members, and I don't like seeing it in public figures. That's my own frame of reference, and it's what I think of when I see Biden making a confusing or weird statement, like calling a woman a dog-faced pony soldier.

1 Like Save    
Chi

Thank you for trying to explain, mudhouse. I have heard of car wrecks on the context of not being able to look away, of course.

I have never heard of a specific person called a "car wreck" before. Like I said earlier, I have heard of people called a "train wreck" but not a "car wreck", and it immediately struck me because of Biden's personal history.

But that's why I asked and didn't accuse because that's a pretty awful thing to say if that was the intent.

Save    
Ann

I just checked out predictit too, and we sure as heck could end up with that Trump/Sanders matchup we didn't end up having in 2016. I have always felt Sanders could have won that one in 2016, but I'd bet on Trump in 2020. Trump was such a political unknown then and now he has many accomplishments as well as incumbency.

The state bets in predictit are amazing to peruse. I think Bernie is now leading in every single state (except completed Iowa). There may be one or two exceptions, but I can't think that I noticed any at all.

1 Like Save    
Ann

The RCP national polling is way behind the public sentiment seen in predictit. The latest (national) Dem nomination poll they show ended 2/4 and that RCP average still has Biden leading by 5.2. IMO, that's ancient history and they need some updated polling data:)

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Just putting it out there, bolding is mine

I know ubro. And for the record, when people here have asked me to post things I think Trump has done wrong, making comments about physical appearance (starting with Carly Fiorina, and Ted Cruz's wife) is one of the things I include.

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Personal insults by politicians drive me nuts.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Well, I do not for one minute think that if Trump never called anyone a name, that the left would have reined in their name calling about him.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Agreed, it would be much better if Trump would stay away from physical appearance comments.

But, with that said, pencil neck is crazy accurate. So, I'd offer a trade - orange man for pencil neck. I'm trying to be a bit playful here, so please don't take this paragraph more seriously than needed.

I don't think it will end though. I think we'll most definitely be hearing about Alfred E Neuman (and the resemblance is pretty stunning) and mini Mike.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Ann, that's why insults about appearance are hurtful. I don't believe it's actually an excuse.

ETA: I don't believe he'd use them if his supporters pushed back.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

But, with that said, pencil neck is crazy accurate. So, I'd offer a trade - orange man for pencil neck. I'm trying to be a bit playful here, so please don't take this paragraph more seriously than needed.

Darn it, Ann. I was trying to stick to my theory about physical appearance jokes not being cool. But full disclosure, I laughed when I read pencil neck. And that triggered a memory of me actually typing a comment about Schiff's eyeballs, a while back. But I think I said they were expressive. Maybe that's not too awful. But still.

So, maybe I'm only upset about comments about the physical appearance of women. Great, now I'm sexist. I'm going to have to have a stern talk with myself.

Self awareness is really annoying.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Biden did not call the questioner "dog-faced." He called her a "pony soldier" whom he described as "dog-faced." I assume that description comes from the "dog soldiers" of the Plains Indians--the elite fighters of the tribe.

So, he described the questioner as a lyin' dog-faced pony soldier but you only believe the pony soldier part of Biden's statement was meant to apply to her. Like if he had said she was a big fat ugly pony soldier, he only meant to call her a pony soldier. You've got to be kidding.

But it does sound like you're accusing Biden of cultural appropriation. Interesting.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

It would be interesting to see if the occurrence of jokes about personal appearance in politics are more common now than they were a hundred years ago. If so, maybe that's because we're all so image-conscious now, because of modern technology?

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"Self awareness is really annoying."

Lol, I know mudhouse:) You, me, Trump and many, many posters on HT. Some certainly make physical appearance jokes and mean criticisms more than others, but not many of us could avoid the annoying self awareness altogether.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

dublinbay z6 (KS)

So, he described the questioner as a lyin' dog-faced pony soldier but you only believe the pony soldier part of Biden's statement was meant to apply to her. Like if he had said she was a big fat ugly pony soldier, he only meant to call her a pony soldier. You've got to be kidding.

But it does sound like you're accusing Biden of cultural appropriation. Interesting.

Great analysis, Elvis!

No one can get up earlier than you.

4 Likes Save    
barncatz

Sorry if I was incomprehensible, like Joe Biden, but unlike Trump who is a model of clarity in every utterance.

I did mention Trump supporters because I think Trump uses personal insults because of who he is but also because he's realized most of his supportrrs find those insults to be funny, and energizing. If those who don't pushed back, he might tone it down.

I also mentioned his supporters because what they applaud in Trump, they deride as awful in anyone else and it just seems like a double standard, given how consistently Trump resorts to personal insults without condemnation.

As for HT, I've made my share of sharp remarks. Ann (see first sentence, above).

ETA: I'm taking my self, awareness and all, outside for awhile.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

So, yeah, he did her the young woman dog-faced and he did describe her as lying when he called her a pony soldier.

I'm not sure there's a good way to be called a pony soldier, but that sure isn't it.

So, no, the room and the recipient did not laugh it off. Sure, there might have been nervous laughter, but they weren't laughing.

"Moore told The Washington Post it was "totally irrelevant whether I've been to a caucus or not."

"Joe Biden has been performing incredibly poorly in this race. His inability to answer a simple question from a nobody college student like me only exacerbates that reality," she said."

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-calls-voter-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-060740579.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

Well, I do not for one minute think that if Trump never called anyone a name, that the left would have reined in their name calling about him.

Are they the POTUS? Every leader is held to a higher bar for good reason.

Save    
ubro(2a)

Gee all this outrage, go on Trump's twitter feed and look at his despicable comments for yourself, you will be reading for months to get thru them all. Go ahead, count them!

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I think the accusations about Hunter have gotten under Biden's skin recently. He seems a bit more impatient and testy than formerly. I don't think the answer he gave the young woman is cute or funny or admirable. It went over her head and probably the heads of most in the room. It just makes him look weak, and as if he has a short fuse. Just sayin'...

2 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''barncatz

I did mention Trump supporters because I think Trump uses personal
insults because of who he is but also because he's realized most of his
supportrrs find those insults to be funny, and energizing. If those who
don't pushed back, he might tone it down.

''

I don't find mimicking a handicap person's disability funny. It doesn't get lower than that. I was also surprised that the new trend of calling people names was broadcasted in the first place, it should have stayed behind the closed doors, or better yet, in one's mind. But it didn't. ''deplorables and irredeemables'' hit the air and became an indulgence for a name calling. This is how I see it, no need to agree.

Save    
mudhouse

ETA: I'm taking my self, awareness and all, outside for awhile.

I did that, too! Went to the gym, and thought about this thread some more.

I really do have a double standard when it comes to insulting the physical appearance of women, and of men. One seems more over the line than the other. But that's wrong; men care about their appearance, too. If I say women care more (so insults to their appearance hurts them more) that makes women seem shallow. I don't like that either.

If Biden had called a man a lying dog-faced pony soldier, would it have gotten as much attention? I mean, it would still be very weird, but maybe with more laughter and less of an angry reaction? (Nobody has to answer, I'm mostly muttering to myself.)

Save    
Ann

Mudhouse, it sounds like you liked the clever ETA from barncatz. Me too. It was a great reference to your great self awareness comment. Both really made me smile.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

I don't find mimicking a handicap person's disability funny. It doesn't get lower than that.

margaritadina, for what it's worth: after reviewing videos, I'm in the camp of those who do not believe that Trump mocked a handicapped person, because he's been making that same gesture for many years, and never in association with a handicapped person. For what it's worth, here are a few links (older links, and some videos are missing, but still enough to make the point I find persuasive.)

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-08-31.html

I won't go into more on this (pretty contentious) topic about mocking the handicapped, because I don't want to derail your thread, but I didn't know if you'd seen any of these.

Save    
margaritadina

''mudhouse

I don't find mimicking a handicap person's disability funny. It doesn't get lower than that.
margaritadina, for what it's worth: after reviewing videos, I'm in
the camp of those who do not believe that Trump mocked a handicapped
person, because he's been making that same gesture for many years, and
never in association with a handicapped person.''

Oh, no, you are not derailing a thread, not at all.

I didn't realize that Trump acted this way before. You are right, that looks like a behavioral coincidence.

But then again....when talking about a handicap person, stand still for God's sake and speak normally. That's how I see it.

Trump is definitely a straight error and tells like it is, which I need badly after Obama years, but handicap people have a special spot in my world. They are already punished for nothing. But that, again, it's my personal fear of becoming a handicap, it's totally undeserved, should not happen to anyone, and is a terrible reality to live with. So, it's purely personal opinion.

2 Likes Save    
mollycats

One of things I most dislike most about Trump is all the name calling. Joe was at the top of my list for the next election. He is not now.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

I used to teach middle schoolers. One of their favorite insults was "spaz". From the videos, it's apparently one of Trump's as well, one he acts out as a bonus.

You may recall that Trump was actually mocking/talking about the disabled reporter and supposedly was quoting him - the "I don't remember" bits you hear Trump saying in a totally normal voice tone ( /s)- -- but points for Our Matureness for simply reusing his flailing insult movement because he didn't mean to actually mimic a person whose disability affacts his arm position and movements?

Got it.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Welcome, 'mollycats'!

Save    
mudhouse

foodonastump, I'll bet margaritadina's comment above (straight error instead of straight arrow) was likely caused by autocorrect. But margaritadina has also posted that English isn't her first language. That's not at all apparent in her comments, so I thought I'd mention it.

I have so much respect for people who can speak and write well in more than one language. Most days I can barely handle one. (Next lifetime, I'll try to do better.)

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I did get that part!

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''mudhouse

foodonastump,
I'll bet margaritadina's comment above (straight error instead of
straight arrow) was likely caused by autocorrect. But margaritadina has
also posted that English isn't her first language. That's not at all
apparent in her comments, so I thought I'd mention it.

I have so much respect for people who can speak and write well in
more than one language. Most days I can barely handle one. (Next
lifetime, I'll try to do better.)

''

mudhouse, it was an autocorrect.

But, besides English been my second language, I am dyslectic, and will never write right. I am working on it, though. Thank you for your kind words, mudhouse, and thank you, foodonastamp, for reminding me that it's a shark pool here (kidding).

My worst failures so far were ''Hell all !"" addressed to my fellow co-workers, I've got ''well, hell to you, too !" back from them )))) and ''hello, gays'' sent to our engineering team. I never saw as many angry guys showing up in my office all at once before ))))

5 Likes Save    
margaritadina

The girl said that she felt humiliated.

''Student Biden called ‘lying dog-faced pony soldier’ says she was humiliated''https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/student-biden-called-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-says-she-was-humiliated/

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Thanks for posting that, margaritadina. From the article:

“It was kind of humiliating to be called a liar on national TV by the former vice president,” Moore told the newspaper.

“Instead of answering that question straightforward, his immediate response was to attempt to invalidate me by exposing my inexperience.”

So, the guess I made (by trying to judge the reaction of the people in the video) was wrong. At least, for the young woman who asked Biden the question.

She certainly didn't laugh the comment off, and HU88's post above was right. (My bad!)

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Lol margaritadina, it's clear you have a great sense of humor about language errors. I have family members who are dyslectic; it's a constant challenge, to say the least. Good for you.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Tucker Carlson had me in stitches tonight talking about the demise of Joe Biden. He said soon he will be wearing white knee highs and enjoying a 4:30 Prime Rib special, lol

2 Likes Save    
1 Like Save    
Ann

I heard that Margo:) I'm not sure if impeachment has anything to do with Joe's demise but I certainly predicted impeachment would hurt Biden and help Bernie and Trump. It sure did.

2 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH(6a)

Not that it's of any value to this discussion but a friend just told me that the "You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier" is a quote from a Tyrone Power movie called Pony Soldier.

Save    
margaritadina

''

murraysmom Zone 6a OH(6a)

Not
that it's of any value to this discussion but a friend just told me
that the "You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier" is a quote from a
Tyrone Power movie called Pony Soldier.
''

1952. The girl was born 48 years after this movie hit the screen.....

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''Annie Deighnaugh

Nope, no, no way.

trumplicants don't get to be all up in arms because biden made a joke
-- however dumb -- with a movie quote that might be taken as an insult
if someone were not aware, when they support a guy who has insulted so
many people in so many different ways from mocking them to name calling
to insults and even ginning up false narratives to discredit them.
trump is the insulter in chief. He's yours...own it!''

Annie, you should ease on using ''trumplicants''. Enough already.

Yes, Trump is ours. No one is objecting. Just refrain from posting fakes about him, please. If Joe wins he will be our president, too. Or any other guy/woman. And we can discuss any or all of them of them all we want.

1 Like Save    
HU-806720425

Bloomberg vs Trump. should be a good contest.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Welcome, 'HU-806720425'!

Save    
Save    
ubro(2a)

Yes, Trump is ours. No one is objecting

And in light of his latest corrupt interference in the Roger Stone case, this is frightening.

Save    
kadefol

I am not a Biden fan and I think he should step aside. But bottom line, if it comes down to him or Trump, Biden all the way.

Save    
Ann

Kadefol, I think Biden will have no choice but to step aside very soon. He'll have no money or support to sustain him much further.

Save    
Ann

Stone should be pardoned. I think Trump should wait until after the election, but Stone should be pardoned.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I think Trump should wait until after the election, but Stone should be pardoned.

Why wait until after, if it should be done?

Save    
Ann

For the very same reason most presidents wait until after elections to grant pardons. People completely freak out just before elections (and blow situations far out of context) and hardly notice pardons after elections.

It should be done and everyone (I'd even guess Stone included) would see the wisdom is letting it be a low key event instead of a crazy wild news event.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"The first few lines of the above article uses car wrecks as an example of how nobody can look away from awful things."

Might be true if this said "how few can look away from awful things" - because some can and do.

(Could be why 'viewership' for the recent SOTU was down.)

https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/press-releases/2020/over-37-million-viewers-watch-2020-state-of-the-union-address/

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: On Dogs at House Parties and Working With Relatives
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives advice on having dogs at parties and handling a family member’s offer to help with projects
Full Story
Decorating 101 Decorate with Intention: Clutter Clearing 101
Fearlessly face disorganized areas to find the home of your dreams
Full Story