This is interesting Graham backing off.....Can't trust RG' s info

Nana H

Graham says he is backing off a Senate investigating into the Biden' s after talking to Barr and Burr. Of particular interest in not being able the trust the info coming from RG.

From the attached

"He said that after talking to Barr and Burr, he worried Giuliani’s information might not be trustworthy. “Take very cautiously anything coming out of the Ukraine, against anybody,” Graham said."

Yet they are trustworthy enough to investigate the Biggest on Trump' s behalf.

https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lindsey-graham-says-doj-will-handle-information-from-giuliani-on-bidens/2020/02/09/95403226-4b59-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&outputType=amp&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Flindsey-graham-says-doj-will-handle-information-from-giuliani-on-bidens%2F2020%2F02%2F09%2F95403226-4b59-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html

SaveComment51Like2
Comments (51)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

I wish I could trust what Graham says but I don’t. He says he might not trust Giuliani but I’m not so sure he isn’t just giving lip service to being impartial. So far we have Sen Barr cover for Trump, why should we expect otherwise when it comes to Giuliani?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Just heard Graham speak and it sounds like he is still with Trump on the Bidens but is now saying he won't do anything and if anyone has anything they should go to the Intel Committee not him. Sounds like a weasel looking for an escape route to me.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Kathy the point is he was so vocal about him investigating the Bidens and many here were cheering him on. Smells to me this is like his immigration fix....all talk no action.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

You cant trust anything anyone in Trump’s camp says. Bet they’ve known all along a Biden investigation is a nothingburger and just a smear tactic and this explanation is to save face.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Nana do you mean impeachment fix?

Save    
Nana H

No, immigration fix. Remember when he was going to put together some magic bullet on immigration/amnesty seekers . Nada.....

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Keeping it in the news. Nothing has to be true. He gets weasel room. Maybe it helps him when he has to look at himself in the mirror when he shaves.

Save    
Nana H

Maybe...just maybe....Jill Biden and Cindy McCains words got to him.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

“Take very cautiously anything coming out of the Ukraine, against anybody,

Graham might be afraid that Giuliana's information will produce negative blow back on Trump -- loose lips could sink Trump's ship.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Good point Nancy, maybe blowback on the whole lot of them.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Maybe he doesn't need to anymore now that trump apparently doesn't see him as his biggest rival any more...but wait until he siks barr on bernie or pete...

Save    
Ann

"Smells to me this is like his immigration fix....all talk no action."

You know, I almost have to agree with this. Over the last year or two, I've repeatedly heard Graham strongly say he plans to initiate any number of things (several things I'd love to see happen) and then I hear nothing about any of them getting underway. I like Graham and I even used to have him on my list of who I'd like to like to see run in 2024 but, recently, I've changed my mind. I think Graham may be an all talk no do kind of person. And, that kind of person is not who I want to see as a future president. The most recent time I saw him on TV and my husband and I were watching together, I rolled my eyes and my husband started laughing, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Watch it Ann! Don't let trump catch a whiff that you might not be supporting him for 2024...he turns on anyone disloyal to him...bigly.

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

I saw him on Face the Nation. I don't believe a word of it.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

I don't think Ann expressed any lack of support for Trump rather a sensible "what the he!! " about Graham. Then again you said 2024 so not sure what you mean.

From what I see he is the most disingenuous Trump supporter. I think he is worried sick about Trump turning on him so he talks but he doesn't walk. Sadly I think he has no life life other politics and no friends left.

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

In the dictionary next to "weasel" is a picture of Lindsay Graham.

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

1 Like Save    
Ann

Annie, I didn't quite get your 2024 comment either. I had the same confusion as Nana commented on.

Save    
Ann

I have seen Giuliani on a show last night and again this morning discussing Burisma and the Bidens - and the movement of money through multiple countries before making its way to the U.S. If this comment generates any interest or conversation, I'll see if I can locate a link later on.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Oh please, tell me I'm not the only one here who's seen these???

When you're president for life, you don't need no stinkin' term limits...just ask his mentor vlad...he knows how to run elections and win for decades!

1 Like Save    
Ann

Oh, I see Annie. I'll leave you to that one. That's all playful stuff and I need to clean house. Trump won't be president beyond, potentially, one more term and everyone knows it.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

"He said that after talking to Barr and Burr, he worried Giuliani’s information might not be trustworthy.

Well Duh Lindsey, those 3 stooges looked over rudy's basket of BS babble and realized that he's one of the Q-conspiracy nutjobs. It's a nothing burger on the Bidens, so they figure it's best to let the issue fester on it's own through the summer and not get directly involved.

1 Like Save    
Save    
Kathy

Where has Giuliani been? Is he spinning his story to Barr? He’s been laying low. Do they hope ge just fades into the woodwork because he is being investigated for campaign violations by SDNY? Or at least he was, I’m not sure if Barr intervened or it was dropped recently.

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Rudy better keep his "insurance" handy, there's plenty of room left under the trumpmobile.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Rudy has Barr’s ear now, what could go wrong?

1 Like Save    
chipotle

Maybe one of our Fox viewers can tell us about Rudy's latest spin.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Giuliani was one of the people Fox was saying might not be credible wasn’t he? I haven’t seen him anywhere. I’m surprised he was on Fox. Maybe he got his story down with Barr’s help?

Save    
Ann

Just thinking about this while cleaning. Maybe I'm being a little hard on Graham in this particular situation. I'm far behind on my political shows this weekend, but have watched the first half of Maria's show today and saw Giuliani.

Is Graham backing off because the DOJ is, indeed, ready to investigate Burisma and the Bidens. During impeachment, many on both sides felt a Biden investigation should be separate from impeachment. Now, impeachment is over. Then, Bondi laid out quite a Biden/Burisma timeline during the Senate impeachment phase. Also, if Rudy has info that the DOJ feels warrants a further look - have we reached the point in time where a DOJ investigation is felt warranted and is beginning?

Nana, during impeachment, you often discussed the DOJ being where a Biden investigation should have already taken place. So, maybe that's exactly where we have arrived?

Once I watch the Sunday shows and hear Graham, I'll have a better feel for what he says.

ETA: Oh and back to my first paragraph. Is Graham simply stepping out of the way while the DOJ commences their work? It certainly wouldn't make sense for him to start a competing investigation at the very same time. I might have a very different view of this whole situation once I catch up on the Sunday shows and hear Graham.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Lev Parnas raises to five smoking-gun documents . . .

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Why won’t Barr investigate Parnas documents and evidence? They need a scapegoat for Trump so they cast the suspicions on Biden for now.

Save    
bfox254

If there was anything to the Biden corruption charges, don't you think Barr would have eagerly started an investigation a while ago? No doubt Trump asked him to. When Barr declined, Trump turned to Rudy to do his dirty work and it blew up in his face. I think they (except for Trump and Rudy) hope the Biden thing fades into the woodwork. Graham seems to have washed his hands of it. They'll continue the investigation for a while to humor Trump then nothing will come of it. Just like the Hillary investigation.

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Chipotle, I agree, they are just continuing what Trump started. A smear campaign.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Catkin, thanks. Yeah, he seems focused on the Obama state department, doesn't he? And his message here and on Face the Nation seems to be "stay tuned". I'll have to do just that because I'm not sure who is going which direction and why. Graham acts like he either suspects or knows a lot of which he is not sharing, but he also acts like it's not anything he thinks he should or intends to lead in any way. It does sound/feel like bigger fish to fry than Burisma. Durham report maybe???

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Of particular interest in not being able the trust the info coming from RG."

Okay, so after hearing these two Graham interviews, I think Rudy and Ukraine is practically or completely irrelevant to what is on Graham's mind. I think Rudy and Rudy's info is not of "particular interest" but Is, actually, of no interest (in conjunction with what is on Graham's mind).

I said in my earlier comment that I might have a very different view of things after hearing Graham. I do. I agree with Catkin about bigger fish to fry. I think what's on Graham's mind is a long way from anything regarding Giuliani or any info Giuliani might have. His mind seems to be heavily in the origins of the Trump investigation and the previous administration.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Jared is the one who needs to be investigated.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It is so rich, all this up in arms about corruption over biden and his son and burisma....

...while trump is trading major bucks to bail out the kushner's 666 building for nuclear technology to the saudis and looking the other way over murder (https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-saudi-arabia-bombs-us-tech-2019-6)

...while perry ... the 3 amigos ... made a corrupt energy deal with ukraine for his supporters in parallel with the US aide being withheld (https://apnews.com/6d8ae551fb884371a2a592ed85a74426)

...while trump pushed for his openly corrupt choice to hold the G-7 meeting at his own hotel so he could personally benefit from it

and so many more.

...and just for the record...it *was* argued to be about ukrainian corruption, right? Nothing to do with trump's political benefit of getting dirt on his rival right? Because that's so anathema to them after hillary and steele, right?

SMH

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Trump won't be president beyond, potentially, one more term and everyone knows it.

Right... 😏

Save    
Nana H

I think Graham is just blowing wind again. This is how he" talks" to Trump and curries favor with him. I bet nothing comes of his latest blathering.

I have a different take on the Barr thing. If Barr was investigating the Bidens he would have roped Rudy in long ago. I think he just wants to get control of what he saw was an out of control situation with the Biden's. I think he is placating Trump while making sure any "investigative" findings is truly legitimate information.

Don't get me wrong, I can't abide Barr but in this instance I think he is trying to keep things like this within the DOJ during an election year instead of having Rudy and Graham running rampant spreading disinformation that could come back to bite Trump legally......I can hope can't I ?

Spelling error corrected

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Please. barr is trump's lap dog.

Attorney General William P. Barr has held private meetings overseas with foreign intelligence officials seeking their help in a Justice Department inquiry that President Trump hopes will discredit U.S. intelligence agencies’ examination of possible connections between Russia and members of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, according to people familiar with the matter. WaPo 9/30/2019

I mean what kind of person who swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, runs around the world asking foreign corrupt governments to help them discredit our own intelligence agencies. SMH.

trump has got our whole government turned on its head, but hey how about that unemployment rate, right???

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

I don't think his motives are particularly nobel but I think he is doing this as a way of protecting Trump from himself during 2020 while at the same time placating him.

Save    
Kathy

Graham imho, is distancing himself from the Biden smear by Trump because he likes and respects Biden. I think it’s one snafu he doesn’t want to be a part of.

Save    
Ann

Well, if the DOJ is looking into "investigative" findings to see if they are legitimate - good. That's exactly what they should do. Also, if they are trying to consolidate investigations within the DOJ - good again.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Nana, rampant, not rampart - frequently mixed up but very different meanings.

Save    
Nana H

Clearly an autocorrect........nobody would mix up those two words except maybe Trump

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

1 Like Save    
chipotle

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Well, if the DOJ is looking into "investigative" findings to see if they are legitimate - good. That's exactly what they should do. Also, if they are trying to consolidate investigations within the DOJ - good again.

And if the DoJ is pursuing russian ops generated conspiracy theories at the request of the president to distract and discredit the genuine findings from the *multiple* legitimate investigations done by the US intelligence agencies, that's good?

If the DoJ is being deployed for the president's personal gain, *including asking a foreign govt to investigate a US citizen* instead of operating to the benefit of national security, and to protect and defend the Constitution, is that good too?

Save    
Ann

Annie, your questions have nothing to do with my statement and are all your words, so I'll leave you to answer them. After yesterday, leaving you and interested others to explore your theories is certainly my decision.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"And if the DoJ is pursuing russian ops generated conspiracy theories at the request of the president to distract and discredit the genuine findings from the *multiple* legitimate investigations done by the US intelligence agencies, that's good??

Which DoJ agencies do you think are at risk of being compromised by "russian ops generated conspiracy theories," Annie? I would hope the people who work in those agencies (linked below) deserve more credit than you're giving them. How would "russian ops" go about recruiting folks from the listed agencies, in order to "distract and discredit" the "legitimate" investigations?

https://www.justice.gov/agencies/list

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Slow Living 101: Tips for Turning Off the Chaos
It may feel as though you're too busy to slow down and enjoy life. But even little changes can have a big effect
Full Story
Travel by Design Make Your Vacation Home Pay Off
Renting your vacation house when you're not using it makes good financial sense. These tips can help
Full Story
Inside Houzz Inside Houzz: What You Can Learn From a Houzz Photo
By Houzz
Get access to the designer's info, product names, other photos in the project and much more by clicking on a Houzz image
Full Story