Man Deliberately Rams Vehicle Into GOP Tent Full Of Volunteers

HU-885118952

As if this wasn't disturbing enough--

Arizona State University 'looking into' viral video of man screaming, 'Slash Republican throats!' the violence is escalating further.

BREAKING: Man Deliberately Rams Vehicle Into GOP Tent Full Of Volunteers, Trump Responds

“Jacksonville police say a driver intentionally crashed a van through a tent where Duval County GOP volunteers were registering voters Saturday afternoon,” The Florida Times-Union reported. “Several Duval County GOP volunteers were working at the registration tent when a white man in his early 20s driving an older – possibly 1980s – brown van pulled up toward the tent.”

Lt. Larry Gayle of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office told reporters that law enforcement was looking at the incident “as in reference to interruption of the political process.”

“We are investigating this as a aggravated assault,” Gayle said. “Several people were in the area and could have been seriously hurt. … JSO is taking the situation very seriously.”

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel responded to the alleged attack by writing on Twitter: “These unprovoked, senseless attacks on @realDonaldTrump’s supporters need to end. I want to echo the @DuvalGOP in saying: We will not be silenced by cowards, and these disgusting acts will only make us work harder to win November.”

The Florida Times-Union added that Gayle said that after the driver rammed the vehicle that he got out and flipped off the victims before running away.

“We are outraged by this senseless act of violence toward our great volunteers,” Duval GOP Chairman Dean Black said. “The Republican Party of Duval County will not be intimidated by these cowards and we will not be silenced. I call on every Republican in our great city to stand up, get involved and show these radicals that we will not be intimidated from exercising our Constitutional rights.”

In a series of tweets, the Duval County GOP documented the incident, writing, “Today in Jacksonville, Florida six Trump Campaign volunteers were intentionally targeted while registering voters.”

SaveComment40Like
Comments (40)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

Do we need a thread every time Republicans get attacked?

Yes, I hope we do have a thread every time a Republican gets attacked.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

When describing a person of interest, it's helpful to say what he actually looks like, don't you think?

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Helps find the person.

4 Likes Save    
Toby

Oh dear. The Daily Wire seems to have inadvertently left off this important piece of the police statement when they picked up the story from the Florida Times-Union.

Because the investigation was in the early stage, police didn’t know the motive. However, detectives with the Sheriff’s Office Intelligence Unit were en route to the scene, Gaye said.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''

As if this wasn't disturbing enough--

Arizona State University 'looking into' viral video of man screaming, 'Slash Republican throats!' the violence is escalating further.

BREAKING: Man Deliberately Rams Vehicle Into GOP Tent Full Of Volunteers, Trump Responds''

Few days ago I watched that video with the last surviving vampire spewing hate ''slash republicans throats''. And now this.

Good job, Liberals. You've got yourselves some brown shirts.

You already lost 2020, hope you realize it.

2 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

queenmargo

Do we need a thread every time Republicans get attacked?

Yes, I hope we do have a thread every time a Republican gets attacked.
''

Yes, we do. Every time a Republican gets attacked, there will be a thread about it.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Few days ago I watched that video with the last surviving vampire spewing hate ''slash republicans throats''. And now this.

I saw it, it was much worse than that. It was apparently an Arizona college student. He also said to expletive kill all Republicans, and he was literally screaming. Maybe he was on PCP. That video is making the rounds big time, it's riveting in its horror.

7 Likes Save    
margaritadina

I didn't go into details, but yes, elvis, it was pretty hard to watch.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Lack of oxygen. I used to wonder what was in the water to make so many people crazy. It's lack of oxygen. Living in the city with so many people, cars, and factories, there isn't enough oxygen for proper brain function.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Toby

Oh
dear. The Daily Wire seems to have inadvertently left off this
important piece of the police statement when they picked up the story
from the Florida Times-Union.

Because the investigation was in the early stage, police didn’t
know the motive. However, detectives with the Sheriff’s Office
Intelligence Unit were en route to the scene, Gaye said.

Oh, dear, suddenly the Left takes notice of the presumption of innocence. I think we'll have to insist that Timm prove he didn't do it. Otherwise, he's guilty.

How does that sound?

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

elvis

I saw it, it was much worse than that. It was apparently an Arizona
college student. He also said to expletive kill all Republicans, and he
was literally screaming. Maybe he was on PCP. That video is making
the rounds big time, it's riveting in its horror.

Unfortunately, this psychotic screaming is becoming more and more acceptable as a means of radical Leftist protests on campus, in response to Republican students' tabling activities.

If Republican students gather to table, or hold up signs peacefully, they are getting attacked.

Take a gander on YouTube.

4 Likes Save    
Toby

What I am taking notice of is that right-wing spin sites often leave out factual information when it doesn't fit their narrative. You should ALWAYS go to the original source to check accuracy when reading those sites.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

I'm sure that was not staged.

In the midwest that kind of 'damage' happens on a breezy day.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Meanwhile in Washington DC:

Save    
Stan Areted

ROTF!

Free speech peaceful and they aren't hurting anyone or screaming to slash throats.

Meanwhile, Patriot Front displays how to disagree.

TDS need to throw their loser tantrums

1 Like Save    
Toby

Yeah, white nationalists never hurt anyone! Neither has their hate speech!

Save    
Toby

Back to the post from HU-88 announcing the arrest of the driver...

This was included in the report from First Coast News about the arrest. Just another oversight not to include it, I'm sure.

JSO said intelligence detectives were called to the scene, though it is unsure if the crash was politically motivated.

"We’re obviously going to follow that up and we take that very seriously,"
said JSO Lieutenant Larry Gayle. "Anybody who interrupts a political
process in this country needs to be taken very seriously."

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Thank you, Thor, for making the C'ville comparison. The feckless MSDNC media refuses to, naturally.

Save    
HU-885118952

Stephen Miller@redsteeze

Replying to @redsteeze

There would be 5 NY Times OP-Eds about Trump’s SOTU speech was the motivation. NBC reporters would be scouring 4Chan. Wash Post front page would read TERROR IN JACKSONVILLE. Candidates would be gathering for candlelight vigils.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Stephen Miller@redsteeze

Replying to @redsteeze

Jacksonville and #DefeatHate would be top trends on Twitter. Every celebrity with a political following would be making Hitler comparisons. Stelter & Darcy would be blaming some Fox & Friends segment because that’s what Media Matters would be doing. There would be marches.

10:03 AM - Feb 9, 2020

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Of course, all that's true, but this is singularly undeniable...

Stephen Miller@redsteeze

Replying to @redsteeze

But of course there’s none of that, and you don’t have to like Trump to notice this. You just have to have a pulse.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

A 16-year old boy with a MAGA hat smiles and...gasp...stands still, and gets his face plastered all over the MSDNC media for days and days. Death threats pour forth towards him.

A 20-something man tries to mow down GOPers with his van and it's pirate-radio silence.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

And a table was overturned. Let’s not forget that, Thor.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Good thing the two folding chairs were unharmed (other than emotional trauma).

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I'm admiring that bottle (of water?) standing upright and firm despite the melee around it.

Kate

2 Likes Save    
ohiomom

A Tent Full of people and he misses every single one of them?

A 20-something man tries to mow down GOPers with his van and it's pirate-radio silence.

........how do you try to mow down a tent full of people and not hit a single one? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Something happened but what and why? He is charged with aggravated assult on one person....not attempted murder, and not multiple counts.

Something isn't making sense to me. I don't condone this but I also am suspicious the title of the OP and the way it is being portrayed may be overstated.

4 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''ohiomom

........how do you try to mow down a tent full of people and not hit a single one? Inquiring minds want to know.

''

Do you mean that you want to replicate his actions ? Is it a joke ?

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

"The Daily Wire" is a joke.

Save    
foodonastump

Oh for Chrissakes he drove up waving, they thought he wanted to talk them, then he accelerated and ran into the tent. Does that sound like attempted homicide or something or more like a punk’s act of vandalism. Hint: The latter. If he wanted to hit people he would have. Unacceptable behavior for sure that needs to be punished appropriately but let’s not pretend this is some violent act of domestic terrorism or something.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

The guy looks like a throw back from that 'youth movement' in 1930's Germany

Save    
elvis

but anti-Trumpers are supposed to take responsibility for the violence of a leftist extremist ramming his car into a GOP tent full of volunteers (none of whom were hurt).

Have I got that right?

Kate

If this causes you to feel responsible, that's your free choice. No one here has said that^^^.

Save    
elvis

Incompetence.

Save    
Nana H

If that pic is of him the last thing he looks like is pinko, liberal , hippy......a militia guy maybe.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Where is the tent?

What the photo shows is a canopy -- like I see at the open-air markets.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Incompetence

Doubt it. He took the time to get out and give them the finger before departing. Doesn’t sound like the murderous type to me.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

How about we all agree there are extremists and nut jobs on both sides and stop posting these incendiary threads? One can always hope.

Save    
Nana H

Good luck with that Joanie

Save    
elvis

Associated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A man in Florida is under arrest after he deliberately drove a van into a tent where voters were being registered by local Republicans, authorities in Jacksonville said Sunday.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said via social media that 27-year-old Gregory William Loel Timm has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a person 65 years old or older, one count of criminal mischief and driving with a suspended license. The Republican party of Duval County said it had set up the tent on Saturday in order to register voters. The county GOP said via Twitter that six volunteers for President Donald Trump's campaign "were intentionally targeted while registering voters."

Local media said there were no injuries. "Kind of out of the blue, a man approached us in a van, was waving at us, kind of a friendly demeanor, thought he was coming up to talk to us, instead he accelerated his vehicle and plowed right into our tent, our tables," volunteer Mark Alfieri told television station WJAX.

Afterward, he backed up, recorded the damaged tent and scattered signs on his cell phone and made obscene gestures before leaving, Alfieri said.

The sheriff's office says deputies responded to the scene after receiving reports of a dispute. The tent appeared to be set up in a parking lot. There were no online court records posted for Timm on Sunday morning, so it wasn't known if he had a lawyer. Jail records show he was still in custody Sunday morning.

http://www.startribune.com/sheriff-man-arrested-for-driving-into-voter-sign-up-tent/567709012/?refresh=true

2 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Thank goodness nobody got hurt!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 11 Things to Expect With Your Remodel
Prepare yourself. Knowing what lies ahead during renovations can save your nerves and smooth the process
Full Story
Data Watch A New Houzz Survey Reveals What You Really Want in Your Kitchen
Discover what Houzzers are planning for their new kitchens and which features are falling off the design radar
Full Story