Are CNN and MSDNC pouting?

mrskjun(9)

Stephanie Grisham says that the two channels will not have any republicans on their talk shows this weekend. Even those that were previously invited have been uninvited. Is it any wonder that when FOX has a town hall with a democratic candidate, more people watch it than the same on CNN?

SaveComment29Like2
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

OMG, that's telling. The veil has dropped, mind you.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

I saw two this AM.......

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

CNN- Unfair, Unbalanced and Afraid ;)

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Hoot!

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Any further source for this besides Grisham?

Save    
althea_gw

I didn't know they even had talk shows on the weekends. Learn something every day on this board.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Althea, every Sunday where I live, on 4 different channels, there are at least 6 or more talk shows, most dealing with politics.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The 3 networks plus cable gives at least 6 sets of Sunday morning talk shows.

Wikipedia even has a long article on it. It started in the USA....

Save    
Kathy

The GOP wants to get on air to justify their coverup of Trump. Not gonna happen.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

That's ok, you can watch Mayor Pete on Chris Wallace.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Do we have a source and date for the claim in the OP? She didn't tweet about it.

1 Like Save    
althea_gw

Thanks Woodnymph & Ziema. I haven't had a t.v. for over 15 years. When we did, I never watched Sunday political talk shows. My dad watched those so I remember the musical theme and the drone of their voices every Sunday morning.

Bernie will be on a Fox take show tomorrow morning as well as Meet The Press & 2 others I can't remember. A local radio station carries Meet the Press so I'll probably listen.

Save    
elvis

I never miss Meet the Press, one of my favorite shows.

Save    
Ann

My favorite is Journal Editorial Report.

Save    
Chi

Is it any wonder that when FOX has a town hall with a democratic candidate, more people watch it than the same on CNN?

Fox is the only conservative network. All of the others have to share the market and compete for the same viewers. Comparing Fox to any single other outlet is not really equivalent. Now if Fox had more viewers than CNN, MSN, and all the others combined, that would mean something.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

"Fox News Channel attracted more prime-time viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined last week, adding to its streak as the most-watched basic cable network."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/fox-news-beats-cnn-msnbc-combined-in-ratings-tops-all-of-cable

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Fox is the only conservative network. All of the others have to share the market and compete for the same viewers. Comparing Fox to any single other outlet is not really equivalent. Now if Fox had more viewers than CNN, MSN, and all the others combined, that would mean something."

Dang, there are a lot of liberal media choices. Makes me wonder if some media will eventually decide it makes good business sense to take the same right turn many voters of the world have? If so, maybe some of them could capture part of the large market Fox captures. Or, I supposed they can just sit back with low ratings and watch the Fox News ratings grow.

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Fox - The Most Busted Name in........ "News"

1 Like Save    
Nana H

My opinion based on what I read here , so totally anecdotal, is it seems to me that the right is glued to FOX in the evening . The number of times one or other of the hosts or guests is quoted is quite remarkable to me.

Lots of TV/streaming choices out there and, although I am a CNN watcher on and off during the day in the evening I turn to entertainment and away from "political news". Not because the hosts aren't interesting, Don Lemon accepted, but because I have broader interests in my life than just politics .

I wonder if that isn't what lots on the left choose, movies, series etc rather than total absorption with politics.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"I wonder if that isn't what lots on the left choose, movies, series etc rather than total absorption with politics."

Probably some truth in this. It gets depressing to think about politics when the president isn't to your liking. When Obama was in office, only general election years (and the previous 1/2 year when candidates are entering the presidential race) captured my political attention in a big way; when I had hope the political pain might end. Eight years is a long time. And then, Hillary's lead in the polls never ended. Then, when the unexpected Trump win happened, it was amazing to me. I was ecstatic and felt like my kids and grandkids might have a future after all.

Next time a Dem is in office, I expect I'll tune out again. But, I've grown to enjoy Fox News and I've formed an HT addiction, which has made me far more informed. Because of HT, I spend a ton of time googling and reading so my non-opinion comments are properly sourced. So, I know far more about current political events than I used to. I also spend a fair amount of time with MSNBC, because I now like to hear what the other side is saying. In the same way you feel about Fox News viewers, I feel the left on HT parrots the MSNBC hosts completely (and MSNBC must be saying precisely what CNN is:).

Save    
Ann

Elvis, my husband also always watches Meet the Press. I used to, but Todd's squirming around in his chair simply drove me crazy. I think Todd is dreadful. But, my husband suggested I not miss today's episode, so I'm recording a later showing of it today so I can watch what interested him so much - a lot of Bernie conversation.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I watched Meet the Press and Fox this morning. Both had Bernie and Mayor Pete. Lots of good questions and a huge amount of energy coming from both candidates. Bernie's energy level is amazing and seems unfazed by his previous heart attack. Both men answered some tough questions brilliantly, IMHO.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I have watched this weekend's Journal Editorial Report already and Dan Henninger thinks it's now down to a three person race - Bernie, Pete, and Bloomberg.

Save    
Nana H

Basing anything on these two States is premature. SC and Nevada will give a more compete picture taking into consideration demographics. Maybe the top three will emerge then, it not Super Tuesday will determine the two or three who go forward.II can honestly say I have no clue who that will be.

Save    
althea_gw

I watched a 3 min. 25 sec. clip of Bernie on Fox. The moderator seemed completely surprised to learn that money buys influence in politics. Whodda thunk? Anyway, it gave Bernie a nice platform. I don't understand why Bernie and Amy & Tulsi are the only ones who aren't afraid of Fox.

Save    
Kathy

I don’t think it’s a matter of being afraid of Fox. I think it is more about choice to who they will give a voice.

1 Like Save    
althea_gw

"I think it is more about choice to who they will give a voice."

Kathy, what does that mean?

Save    
Ann

Do you think CNN is taking a bold leap to try to be more fair and balanced or do you think this guy will get fired? I posted this new CNN video on the election predictions thread for the election content of it, but if you read the conversation under the video, there are a lot of comments about CNN's decision to show or allow this to air:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4uSbnfRWM

Save    
althea_gw

The Meet the Press interview of Bernie was a waste of time. Zero substantive questions. This guy Todd is what I would expect from Fox, but no, the Fox guy treated Bernie more respectfully.

I didnt' listen to the interview of the candidate preceding Bernie out of choice. I switched to the Hmong radio show instead. It was in Hmong so I didn't understand anything but feel assured it was far more pleasant than the anything coming from that other candidate.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Resilience How Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story