SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_59175643

Need ideas for refinishing shower floor

J C
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, I have a stall shower with ceramic tiles. It was an ugly decades-old pink color, so I used the Rustoleum Tub and Tile refinishing epoxy to refinish it in a white color. The walls are looking fantastic, but something didn't go right with the floor refinish and it bubbled up in some areas and now is peeling. Needless to say, it doesn't look great and I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix it. The smell of the epoxy was so toxic that I don't really want to go through that again. I'm just trying to do a short-term fix until I decide to remodel the whole bathroom and tear out the shower in a few years. Is there another way to temporarily fix this? Is there any sort of "wallpaper" or nontoxic paint that I could put on the shower floor, or am I just going to have to do the Rustoleum again?

If Rustoleum is the only solution, what can I do to improve the success of the floor application this time so it doesn't bubble up and peel? Is it possible to just refinish the floor by sanding and preparing up to the edges and not affect the walls?

Thank you!

Comments (4)