SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

A home as display space

bpath
4 years ago

This house is for sale, “accessories sold separately”. The house is for sale, the art is sold individually. Just have to say that first.

The owners have apparently never lived in the house, it is their personal gallery for art. Hence the barely-functional kitchen (for a house this size and price range).

We were always curious as to why the yard was never landscaped, especially since it sides on a busy road. I guess the fact they don’t live there explains it.

I’ve kind of toyed all my life with having a house that is just for playing around with decorating and arranging. After our father passed away this year, my brother has been talking about getting a pied-a-terre in the city for himself when he visits, but also to serve as a place to keep some of our favorite mementos, some furniture, art, papers, etc. Nicer than a Self Storage! (I’m sure if he really looked into it, he’d find the condo fees and taxes would deter him.)

Reminds me of when my aunt lived in a nice condo building downtown. A woman lived down the hall, but used the studio apartment between them to store her out-of-season clothing and her formal wear. My aunt didn’t realize how good she had it till the studio was sold, to the fellow who worked in the fur store downstairs, and she could suddenly hear his stereo. She got the common wall soundproofed. But I liked that idea of a Really Big Closet, with attached bath, laundry, and kitchenette :)

What would you have, not for living purposes, if you could?

Comments (60)