Another austere religious scholar killed at direction of Trump

HU-885118952

Kay C. James✔@KayColesJames

The Trump administration should be congratulated for killing Qasim al-Rimi, a founder and the leader of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in Yemen. AQAP is one of the deadliest al-Qaida affiliates in the world, and his death makes America and its allies safer.

" My message to terrorists is clear: You will never escape American justice. If you attack our citizens, you forfeit your life.”.

~POTUS 45

SaveComment22Like
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HU-885118952

Someone had better do a welfare check on Tlaib and Omar.

Save    
foodonastump

That’s great! Glad it wasn’t a high ranking government official out visiting a foreign country this time!

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

I'm sorry, foas-- you're glad it wasn't a terrorist who killed 600 Americans?

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Maybe people would not talk like that if it was a member of their family that got killed by that high ranking government official who happens to be a TERRORIST.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

You’re not sorry at all for misstating my words.

Save    
Ann

"That’s great! Glad it wasn’t a high ranking government official out visiting a foreign country this time!"

Weren't you specifically referring to Soleimani in this comment? Didn't you use the term "this time" to differentiate from last time (and Soleimani) and "high ranking government official out visiting a foreign country" as a direct reference to Soleimani? Wasn't Soleimani a terrorist who killed over 600 Americans?

I recognize HU did not quote your words, but didn't HU clearly understand the person (Soleimani) you were discussing?

5 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
queenmargo

I understood it that way Ann when I read it.

1 Like Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
foodonastump

The circumstances surrounding the killing of Soleimani, i.e. who he was, where he was, how he was killed, etc. put us at a high risk for a military conflict with Iran. “Closer than you thought,” as it turns out, according to 3/45.

Given that, I find myself thankful as I note dissimilarities in the killing of this terrorist. My statement was quite straight-forward and needed no reinterpretation by those with spasming knees:

That’s great! Glad it wasn’t a high ranking government official out visiting a foreign country this time!

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

/\/\ sure, keep terrorists happy by letting them kill some more Americans. Foreign minister of Iran said that Iran is opened for a dialog. Trump said ''No''.

That sums up all the speculations about Iran attacking us.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

^^^^ You clearly did not read what I wrote, MD, because I know YOU are smarter than that.

Save    
lurker111

We read it. It was an attempt to glorify a terrorist by pretending he was a "high ranking government official, enjoying a vacation". Isn't that what you said?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
paprikash

Good — another terrorist dead.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Please note - The benefit of doubt given in my previous post is extended to MD only. Anyone else misrepresenting my initial post going forward is either NOT “smarter than that” or intentionally misrepresenting what I said. Have fun.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

I pick door number two......

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

I recognize HU did not quote your words, but didn't HU clearly understand the person (Soleimani) you were discussing?

I believe I did, Ann. Thank you.

I think what we're observing is truly frightening. We've gone from celebration and elation that OBL was killed at the direction of Obama, to just as evil and deadly terrorists being killed at the direction of Trump, and the Left is actually, seriously, defending the terrorists.

Is it at all surprising that they want Bernie Sanders to be President and allow that vile, evil Boston bomber to vote?

What's next? A "Hug a terrorist today" campaign?

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

lurker111

We
read it. It was an attempt to glorify a terrorist by pretending he was a
"high ranking government official, enjoying a vacation". Isn't that
what you said?

That was the MSDNC media spin.

Poor widdle terwworwist...He was on a mission of peace when meanie-weanie Twumpy droned him to death.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

One day a car hit a tree and the driver and passengers all died.

A while later a car hit that same tree and no one was hurt.

A neighbor said, “Thank goodness no one died this time.”

Stupid people interpreted that as her celebration the prior deaths.

EVEN AFTER SHE CLARIFIED THAT THIS WAS NOT WHAT SHE MEANT.

I am glad that this time the taking out of a terrorist didn’t put us at risk of a major new war. It is what I meant initially and it is what I mean now. If you want to dispute that Soleimani was a very powerful man in Iran, or if you want to twist my words changing “visiting” to “vacationing”, then I cannot help your ignorance and/or motives.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Glad that millions don't call terrorists, 'high-ranking government officials" to whitewash the killing of hundreds of Americans.

That patina of respectability and validity proffered for that sickening killer, Solemani, is truly disgusting.

He's no different than any other radical Islamic terrorist, just because someone slapped medals on his chest.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

FOAS , I understood what you meant and your clarification made it abundantly clear if someone did misunderstand it. Misrepresenting posts is an oft used "debate" tactic around here, don't take the bait.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''

foodonastump

^^^^ You clearly did not read what I wrote, MD, because I know YOU are smarter than that.

''

Oh, I did. This sums it all up for me.

''

foodonastump

Glad it wasn’t a high ranking government official out visiting a foreign country this time!''

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I invite anyone to find anywhere where I mourned his killing. I also invite you to find any source of your choosing that has a bio that does not include his high status with the Iranian regime. Acknowledging this status in the context of considering retribution has absolutely ZERO to do with implying some sort of respect or regret of his death.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Hot Topics sure has some comical stuff.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Table Manners for Modern-Day Dining
Elbows and cell phones? Maybe. Forgetting to say 'thank you'? No way. Our mealtime etiquette guide takes the guesswork out of group dining
Full Story
Most Popular From Queasy Colors to Killer Tables: Your Worst Decorating Mistakes
Houzzers spill the beans about buying blunders, painting problems and DIY disasters
Full Story
Your First House Modern Party Etiquette for Hosts and Guests
Learn the mannerly way to handle invitations, gifts and even mishaps for a party that's memorable for the right reasons
Full Story