SaveComment15Like
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leona_2008

That is terribly sad.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Yes. Anyone know how various countries are responding?

Kate

Save    
batyabeth

A whistleblower warned by police for sounding the alarm on a health hazard.

Hmmmm. How close are we getting to someone being harassed, threatened, arrested, or character-assassinated by the powers that be because they spoke the truth?

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Sad. RIP

1 Like Save    
Kathy

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion.

If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

From what I understand, Dr. Wenliang was initially censored for his comments for disrupting the social order (not my words) and all comments from and about him are being erased by China from social media

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

I happen to think that there is a lot of disinformation from China and a lot that we are not being told about the virus and its effects, both economically and medically.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Kathy, source? I believe it but want to pass it on.

Our government is in a seriously weakened condition in many ways. Hold your breaths folks for the coming months hoping we survive without another mismanaged crisis.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Written in 2019:

During the previous flu season, the virus killed and hospitalizedmore people in the United States than any seasonal influenza in decades. The CDC estimated that flu sickened 49 million people, hospitalized 960,000 and killed about 80,000 people. (2018)

Save    
clearwaters

Good question Batya. I'll bet Marie Yovanovitch might have an answer for you.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

There have been nurses and doctors on tv lately talking about how we are unprepared. I don’t think we will know for years how much Trump has gutted our government.

I keep thinking back to discussions about Bannon’s plan. Trump is to break US down and the next one will rebuild it. After Trump there will be a more savvy polished politician to take his place. It’s the remaking of American according to their plan. Not only America but globally. All those oligarchs who know so much more than the little man. We are but pegs in their board, imho.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^^ I fear we are next.

Save    
Rina

I honour Dr Li for fulfilling his calling, although it cost him his life. RIP.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

Well put, Kathy. There's been a plan in place for many years and it's being fulfilled, to a T. I'm as sorry as can be that there are so many gullible people in this country.

1 Like Save    
petalique

It is disheartening that the non-corrupt, power-at-any-cost public service minded people are so disjointed and inept at political strategizing.

The Democrats need to get a clue.

Recently James Carville has best articulated my sentiments.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular New This Week: Proof the Formal Dining Room Isn’t Dead
Could graphic wallpaper, herringbone-patterned floors, wine cellars and fire features save formal dining rooms from extinction?
Full Story
Furniture The Most Helpful Furniture Piece You May Ever Own
Use it as a table, a seat, a display space, a footrest ... and indoors or out. Meet the ever-versatile Chinese garden stool
Full Story
California Gardening Consider Avoiding These Plants to Help Keep Your Garden Fire-Safe
Plants that accumulate dead material, are high in oil or have low moisture content in leaves put some homes at risk
Full Story