Comments (111)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

Actually lots of highlights.

What was your favorite IF you watched?

4 Likes Save    
chipotle

A rambling, vindictive appearance by a lunatic. Just what you want to see from the president of the United States.

We're not even allowed to quote some of the things he said. SMH

9 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
paprikash

Enjoyed it all. Love his sense of humor. His teasing of Jim Jordan was hilarious. Loved when he pointed out how corrupt and vicious the democrats are.

Chi

Still impeached, nothing he can do about that.

They also have acquitted every other impeached president, so they are as innocent as he is.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
paprikash

Still President

10 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
catkinZ8a

It was glorious!

7 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
Nana H

Too bad he didn' t have the class of Clinton and at least try and bring the country together. No, instead he uses the opportunity to divide the country even further .......that's not what true leaders do.

queenmargo

We're not even allowed to quote some of the things he said. SMH

You are allowed to quote him, just not on Houzz per their rules.

Feel free to otherwise.

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

Nana, he's not a leader in any sense of the word.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump is the party of leakers, liars, & vicious people. Lol—-he is such a petty little weasel.

8 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL chipoltle- he IS President.;)

7 Likes Save    
paprikash

Clinton apologized because he committed a crime — Trump did not commit a crime. He has nothing to apologize for. The accusations were opinion and hearsay—no proof

10 Likes Save    
Kathy

Lol...keep on keeping on. There’s tons of proof. Trump will keep on getting worse and hang himself.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Maybe the left would have considered him more dignified if he had a picture of Nancy and tore it up. tsk tsk.

6 Likes Save    
chipotle

Pap, even those in his own party admit he was wrong. Only Trump won't admit it.

Poor, poor Susan Collins. She thought he had changed. So many fools in the GOP.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

This was HIS time to speak any way he wanted. I thought he was funny, restrained, as well as forceful in making his digs. He even admitted to making mistakes in his life,lol

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

So many fools in the GOP.

So many more fools in the DNC.

4 Likes Save    
maddie260

When you think he can't go any lower, he does. At the national prayer breakfast, the sermon was about loving your enemies. dt said he liked an "eye for an eye" passage better. Simply unbelievable. Maybe not?

bothell

Acquittal does not equal innocence. He is a nasty little turd. He lies cheats and demeans the office of President. He & his troop of flying monkeys will not be treated favorably by historians.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL.. maddie, I missed that. vintage Trump;)

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

6 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
catkinZ8a

President Trump is exonerated!

5 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
Joaniepoanie

The usual reprehensible display from a vile excuse of a human being. It’s unconscionable for this totally immoral person to even appear at a prayer breakfast, but of course he has no sense of shame. And to say what he did about Romney and Pelosi, at a prayer breakfast no less, was inappropriate and disgusting. A small, petty, vengeful man.

More lies, victimhood, hypocrisy, and projection later at the WH rally. Holding up the WaPo TRUE headline that he was acquitted but tomorrow when they print the TRUTH about him again and he doesn’t like it it will be fake news. And the complete bowing at his feet by Republicans——only thing missing was a crown and scepter. We may never see an actual crown snd scepter but he has certainly been granted license to behave as a king—or dictator—-and he will.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Pap, even those in his own party admit he was wrong.

What was he wrong about?

1 Like Save     Thanked by queenmargo
Joaniepoanie

Acquitted, not exonerated. Still impeached!

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Missed part of it, so replaying it now. (Thanks catkin for the video.) I loved the moment of him holding up the WaPo with the headline "Trump Acquitted", winking at the crowd, and saying, "it's the only good headline I've ever had in the Washington Post." Isn't that the truth.

He is unphased by the ordeal of this partisan impeachment, and so are his supporters. Go Trump.

Ann

He was super funny at many points, like the Jim Jordan part and the McConnell poker player part:)

He has clearly been waiting for his turn to speak.

paprikash

Chipotle - “some” thought the call inappropriate — certainly not a high crime/misdemeanor

eta if we impeach every president for when the opposing party disagrees with him/her we would be in deep doo doo

Joaniepoanie

It wasn’t just one call. It was a planned scheme over months involving a lot of people. The right seems to forget that.

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

What was he wrong about?

Sorry, the horse has been led to water countless times. Evidently not thirsty.

I’d like to think there were some decent folks in the crowd who felt at least a touch of inner conflict. Shameless definitely comes to mind. As does scary... who knows where his vindictiveness will lead us. That said, from a theatrical standpoint I found it entertaining. It’s not hard to see why he draws a crowd. Heck I’ve admitted I’d go see him, even though I’ve got no use for him as our president.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
paprikash

Proof of this scheme?

3 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
mudhouse

His comments about Mitch McConnell were funny (and accurate.) McConnell can be tough to read, and keeps things to himself. But he's delivered: 191 federal judges, and more to come. His comments about Grassley's voice ("he's got this voice that just scares people," were funny too.

foodonastump

Proof of this scheme?

Oh lookie NOW they want more evidence! 😂

4 Likes Save    
paprikash

The House should have done their job if there’s more evidence out there. It’s not up to a defendant or his supporters to do the work of a prosecutor.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

When someone goes to court. They need to come to court prepared, they need to come with all the documentation and evidence they have. This is their shot to either win or lose based on what they have come to court with. The House FAILED.

6 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Back to the fun celebration... Trump is like a movie that when the show is over you just wish it would last longer ;)) 4 more years!!!!!!!!

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

I agree that the House failed in certain regards. But that shouldn’t change one objective mind from seeing what he did and why he won.

Save    
HU-885118952

I especially appreciated how passionate Trump was about what this has done to his family, and what the Left have done to his wife and children, including Barron.

HU-885118952

The House FAILED.

The House's scheme failed. They didn't slip up. They didn't overlook a thing. They weren't unprepared. Their scheme was well researched and meticulously planned.

Democrats underestimated Trump, Republicans and our Constitution.

paprikash

I agree, QM. He seems to be a lot of fun, extremely smart, and sincere. The dems hate him because they don’t scare him. He calls it like he sees it.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
mudhouse

I especially appreciated how passionate Trump was about what this has done to his family, and what the Left have done to his wife and children, including Barron.

I just got to that part, HU88, and I agree, his thanks to his family for going through the ordeal with him were heartfelt. People like to criticize Trump for his failed marriages, but the fact is, in spite of that, all of his children seem to love him to pieces, and are completely devoted to him. Lots of people who've been through divorces and multiple marriages aren't able to say that. I think that says a lot about Trump.

Chi

"Democrats underestimated Trump, Republicans and our Constitution."

How so? We all said from the very beginning that we knew the Senate would acquit. But he still needed to be impeached.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Yes paprikash, he is a wealth of knowledge. The way he was talking about baseball when he addressed Scalia. He is great when he is speaking at random.

6 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Democrats underestimated Trump, Republicans and our Constitution.

Next up, coming in November to a polling place near you:

Democrats underestimate Trump's support among American voters.

HU-885118952

Democrats underestimated Trump from the moment he came down that escalator. They can't beat him and they thought it would be a cake walk to do so.

queenmargo

Chi- did you watch the Acquittal celebration?

Save    
mudhouse

Lol queenmargo, he made some funny comments about Scalise's wife, too, when he and Melania visited her at the hospital after Steve Scalise was shot. Thank God we can all enjoy jokes now about that awful day, because Scalise made a full recovery. (And Trump said Scalise is even better looking now than he used to be, lol.)

chipotle

Save    
Chi

"Chi- did you watch the Acquittal celebration?"

Nope

Save     Thanked by queenmargo
HU-885118952

The irony is that Democrats accused Trump of trying use Ukraine to destroy their best 2020 candidate, and they've gone and done it themselves.

Biden's 3rd pursuit of the Presidency is crumbling like a stale cookie, while Trump has emerged stronger than ever.

Democrats had to know-just had to-that taking a shot at Trump would put Biden in the cross hairs and could possibly make him collateral damage. But they went ahead and did it anyway.

foodonastump

What was done to his family? Whatever it is, either he or they brought on themselves. Silly.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Overall I think celebration is a better word for that speech than the one used by Fox Business on the title of that video (Trump Gives Victory Speech.)

Most of the time was spent graciously thanking the people who fought hard to support him. In spite of being an outsider to politics, Trump has good political instincts, much to the dismay of the Dems. He knows the value of shoring up support, and plainly calling out events for what they were.

He also knows that his comments, watched by voters, will no doubt help some of those people in upcoming races. Good instincts from a sharp guy.

Joaniepoanie

Yeah, maybe the House should have had the FBI storm the WH to gather documents, like they would do to you and me if we had evidence in our home. And maybe witnesses should have been subpoenaed...oops they were, only the defendant instructed them to ignore the subpoenas. Can you imagine if the average joe just ignored a subpoena?

Democrats thought that Republicans, who hated Trump before the election mind you, would respect their oaths and the Constitution.

Can’t wait for all the tell-all books Republicans will write when Trump is done. No doubt they will be filled with hate, except for the likes of Gaetz, Jordan, McCarthy and a few others. Hypocrites and cowards all.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

You know what was also great? When right at the end, he asked Jordan or (maybe) Meadows to speak, and (maybe) Meadows stood up and said how many people out here in the public have been right there with the president too - not just the people in that room. I think Trump almost got a little emotional at that. Sorry about the (maybe), because I'm not exactly sure who that was.

chipotle

And yet only one did.

Save    
mudhouse

I think it was Mark Meadows, too, Ann, although the camera didn't show him. And he was absolutely right.

mudhouse

Democrats had to know-just had to-that taking a shot at Trump would put Biden in the cross hairs and could possibly make him collateral damage. But they went ahead and did it anyway.

Maybe Schiff didn't realize how squarely he was putting Hunter and Joe in the crosshairs when they built the case against Trump, using the false narrative that Trump's only motivation was to "dig up dirt on a political opponent." Could be they thought it would be a slam dunk, and they didn't expect Trump to immediately release the transcript, for starters. I think, before this is over, they'll realize just how badly they've shot themselves in the foot. This happened yesterday:

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-johnson-seek-hunter-biden-travel-records-conflict-interest-probe

WASHINGTON – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) are seeking records of Hunter Biden’s travel while he was under U.S. Secret Service protection as they continue to investigate potential conflicts of interest to boost his business ventures in Ukraine and China.

...The chairmen previously requested meeting records from the State Department, National Archives and Blue Star Strategies, a lobbying organization employed by Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company that employed Hunter Biden on its board while Joe Biden oversaw the Obama Administration’s Ukraine policy.

Ann

Mudhouse, Meadows was absolutely right. I gave a very sincere nod to his words. I think it's terrible what our president has had to endure. I'm very happy to see Trump's RCP average approval above 45 again today.

And, I won't go on and on about this because it's off topic, but in predictit, Biden is tanking in state after state. Bernie is soaring. Iowa has been so confusing that this Bernie surge didn't happen on Monday or Tuesday, but it's becoming more and more apparent now! I don't know if the impeachment had anything to do with the Biden collapse, but a collapse is underway for sure.

IMO, mission (political benefit to Dems and harm to Trump) most definitely not accomplished, Dems!!!!!!

chipotle

Save    
catkinZ8a

nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

a fun celebration today

Not how the BBC described the event.

File under: See yourself as others [foreign press] see you.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Did they have a rousing bleach toast?

Oh, wait, wrong disinformation campaign.

2 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

One thing we can all be thankful for after all of this is how much more the Republicans have become United.

There is some good that has come from it.

cattyles

Oh yeah. About time you rowdy Repubs settle down and conform. 🙄

1 Like Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Ok, I’ll conform. Thank you Nancy and Shifty for further uniting the Republicans to being stronger than ever.

chipotle

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

catkinZ8a

catkinZ8a

catkinZ8a

margaritadina

''

Joaniepoanie Still impeached! ''

Hold tight to that band-aid on a gunshot wound ))))

-------------------------------------------

Trump will be the first reelected president after an impeachment fabricated by politicians involved in international criminal schemas in history. That's as huge as it gets.

margaritadina

''

File under: See yourself as others [foreign press] see you.''

No. The whole world applauded Gorbachev, loved him and greeted him at that very time when pensioners in his own country committed mass suicides due to starvation. And some men killed their families before killing themselves. And girls and boys from orphanages prostituted themselves for food to stay alive. And over 2 M children hit the streets. And millions of women chose to have abortions because they could not provide for their future babies. And hundreds of thousands of infants born in winters died because houses were not heated and there was no hot water, and no power or gas to heat it, and no. ambulances were not coming because there were no medical supplies and no gasoline. The same was happening in Bulgaria that was cut loose by Russia when USSR fell apart.

But the world LOVED Gorbachev. So little do we know about the REALITY, do we?

Save    
Chi

"Trump will be the first reelected president after an impeachment"

He's also the only one impeached in his first term, so that's a factor. I imagine Clinton could have won again considering his approval rating after impeachment was sky high compared to Trump.

Save    
queenmargo

I imagine Trump would win a third term if it were possible too Chi... aaaah, the imagination is a beautiful thing;)

Save    
Chi

Well, Clinton had a 73% approval rating and Trump still can't beat 50%.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Only Trumpers think it was a fabricated impeachment. 70% of the country wanted witnesses at the trial. Trump has not grown his base. The next nine months he will be out of control, but you think he has reelection in the bag. I guess we’ll see.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

I guess we’ll see.

Most positive thing you have said. LOL. I will take it;)

Save    
cattyles

I don’t think anyone else much cares what Russia thinks of us, margaritadina. I don’t remember applauding Gorbachev. Reagan was pretty tough on him, as he should have been. Russia is not an ally yet your whole post was about Russia.

Save    
shead

DH and I sat on a chairlift today in Colorado with a 79 yo gentleman from Australia. As we conversed about their recent wildfires and what he saw as to blame for them, DH mentioned California notoriously having similar issues to which he replied, “Well, California has no shortage of idiots, either, with Nancy Pelosi ranking right at top....She has single handedly [destroyed] the Democratic parties’ chances in the next election....this impeachment sham is a bunch of BS (he used the word)...Trump has only ever done what is right by America...I travel the world and that’s what everyone I encounter thinks.”

I thought his views were very noteworthy considering that many keep touting that a Trump (and America) are the laughing stock of the world.

12 Likes Save     Thanked by queenmargo
elvis

Joaniepoanie

It wasn’t just one call. It was a planned scheme over months involving a lot of people. The right seems to forget that.

Don't know which "call" you reference, but I don't think the right is forgetting anything. We know that there were probably many calls. and meetings and emails, starting before he was even elected. We know that the dems in the swamp planned this scheme over and over, hoping they would make something, anything stick.

foodonastump

I travel the world and that’s what everyone I encounter thinks.

Um. Ok.

Save    
cattyles

shead, you should notify anyone campaigning immediately and let them know Mr. Wordly Skier has declared their endeavors futile. That’s some need to know info.

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Nice try elvis.

Save    
mudhouse

Shead, thanks for sharing the Australian gentleman's comments. It doesn't surprise me a bit that there are people around the world who still have common sense, or that there are people outside of the US that don't agree with people on the left. It really doesn't surprise me, but it's still nice to read that here!

queenmargo

shead, you should notify anyone campaigning immediately and let them know Mr. Wordly Skier has declared their endeavors futile. That’s some need to know info.

LOL- you know they hate hearing those kind of stories shead, when they attack the messenger.

8 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"shead, you should notify anyone campaigning immediately and let them know Mr. Wordly Skier has declared their endeavors futile."

Joanie, I didn't see anything from shead expressing the sentiments you posted here. Is a post missing?

One man from Australia =/= the rest of the world.

There are reactionaries and authoritarians in other countries — maybe not as many as in the US, but they do exist.

I hope that the Australian man was told that the people of California did not elect Nancy Pelosi; she only represents her congressional district. The Australian friend can take heart that both House Minority leader McCarthy and dishonest Devin Nunes are from California (both elected by their respective congressional districts).

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

Re the Aussie holidaymaker - that’s ok, he probably didn’t want to get into a debate, but he’s welcome to stay out on his holiday for as long as he likes. Probably supports our idiot PM as well. It’s a national sport here too you know.

Save    
margaritadina

''

cattyles

I
don’t think anyone else much cares what Russia thinks of us,
margaritadina. I don’t remember applauding Gorbachev. Reagan was
pretty tough on him, as he should have been. Russia is not an ally yet
your whole post was about Russia.
''

You missed the whole point. The post wasn't about Russia or Bulgaria, or what these countries think of us, the post was about ''See yourself as others [foreign press] see you.''

Gorbachev was exterminating his own people and was SO prized by the Western and Eastern press , Trump takes great care of his country shutting down it's milking cow status and is hated. And that's a great sign of him doing the right thing.

catkinZ8a

For those interested in polls...

President Trump's approval is at highest level ever:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/trump-job-approval-personal-best.aspx

margaritadina

''shead DH and I sat on a chairlift today in Colorado with a 79 yo gentleman from Australia....''

Thank you for sharing this story, shread. Trump gets a strong approval in E Europe, too. All people with common sense support him.

shead

Wow, who knew that sharing the sentiments of a non-American that differs from script could bring out such vitriol?!? I just found it an interesting perspective of a REAL non- American person and his take on American politics. Obviously, I’m not naive to think he represents the rest of the world but his comments were totally out of the blue without him even knowing our politics and his views are not less valid simply because it doesn’t fit the narrative. He is retired and travels frequently so I find his comment about the people he encounters feeling similarly noteworthy.

Nana H

"without him even knowing our politics "

That statement did not come from someone who is not familiar with American politics. Obviously he follows what is happening in the States. He even mentioned having political conversations with others during his travels.

Edited

Save    
shead

No, he didn’t know my and DH’s politics. He had no idea what our views were before he started in on Pelosi...

Nana H

Sorry, I misread your statement. I thought you meant American politics as opposed to your personal political views. My bad.

Save    
HU-885118952

shead, first, I'm jealous! Second, thanks for sharing. If you believe the Trump-hating media, the world hates Trump and hates America and omg, we're so horrible!!

We are the envy of the world and are witnessing other European countries having the Trump effect.

HU-885118952

Trump takes great care of his country shutting down it's milking cow
status and is hated. And that's a great sign of him doing the right
thing.

"Suckers", as Trump says, aptly.

lurker111

Thanks for posting the video, Catkin. I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

HU-885118952

Trump takes great care of his country shutting down it's milking cow
status and is hated. And that's a great sign of him doing the right
thing.

(raises hand) Me! Me, I knew!!

Your fellow traveler is not sticking with the script, thus, his credibility must be destroyed. I've met folks from Autstralia and NZ and they travel extensively. When they holiday, they holiday!

So yes, I believe that Australian's perspective.

Nana H

"not sticking with the script, thus, his credibility must be destroyed"

As it is for anyone who dares speak against Trump.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Funny how a handful of Canadians on here want us to listen to what they say, and a handful of "others" support what they say, but then dismiss what someone else reports from outside the US.

funny stuff

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

The only person that " dismissed " the comment was a fellow Australian.

Save    
Kathy

Big deal, one traveler.

Save    
queenmargo

LOL

Kathy

Big deal, one traveler.

Spoke to soon, again;)

Save    
queenmargo

queenmargo

LOL

Kathy

Big deal, one traveler.

Spoke to soon, again;)

Like Save

Save    
Nana H

OK Margo, given that you can still see it then why not repost it ?

Save    
Kathy

No sense repeating Margo, the comment is still there. i still think making a big deal out of one travelers comment is pretty desperate. Grasping for straws?

Edit—-there must have been another comment I am missing.

Save    
Ann

"When they holiday, they holiday!"

No kidding! I've met many too and they seem to think a month long vacation is short. It's fascinating to me.

Ann

"We are the envy of the world and are witnessing other European countries having the Trump effect."

Lol, this reminds me of a thread I started long ago (maybe even several years ago). It may have been about the time of Trump's election and following the Brexit vote. The OP was something like - The world is taking a turn to the right. I remember that thread derailing immediately as liberal posters adamantly denied the premise of the OP. I might have to see if I can find and post a link to that thread. It would be a funny read now.

lurker111

Anyway, I enjoyed the video. Thanks again. :^)

1 Like Save     Thanked by queenmargo
Ann

This is a little part of what Emily wrote on the "Ignore" thread today.

"This topic is far afield from the purpose of the Houzz site, and probably drains the most resources in terms of the user and content issues. It is a legacy topic from Gardenweb and would most likely not be here, if building this site from scratch."

I went on that thread, quoted that part of Emily's comment and then opined, as follows:

Ann "I think this is a very important point, that all of us who post on HT should keep in mind. I actually love to think about and talk about political issues/elections/polls/candidates; and I hope HT stays. It worries me that the resource drain on Houzz personnel will eventually make HT go poof:) I'd miss it. I think we should all be a little more grateful for a place to have these discussions, a little better behaved, and a little less demanding."

I don't know if my comment on that thread shows for anyone but me, because I kind of think maybe Emily has frozen that "Ignore" thread. But, I do think this part of Emily's comment is something all HT posters should keep in mind. I think Houzz is doing all of us (who like to discuss politics) a favor by letting HT remain active.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Materials How Brick Fits Into Today’s Gardens
Natural brick is often considered a traditional building material. Here’s how people are using it in contemporary gardens too
Full Story
Kitchen Design Today’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Pi Day + Pie Stuff = Yummy Fun
Add these tools and accessories to your baking arsenal and watch smiles multiply
Full Story