Shades of things to come? Evidence of disruption in Iowa

Annie Deighnaugh

In my view, this is part and parcel of the divisiveness in our nation right now. It used to be that, while parties disagreed over policy, both sides respected the process. No longer.

SaveComment30Like7
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

Oh please, now the phone lines can not be used while elections are taking place?

No one knew the phone lines would be CLOGGED. Just nonsense.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Hillary MUST be involved with such excuses in the blame game.

1 Like Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

Are you claiming Trump did it? Hey, if I wanted to create mischief, I'd claim to be a Trump supporter too! Great way for a Russian troll to disrupt an election, agitate and misdirect!

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Only RW conspiracy theories hold water.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Yes, the Russians!!!!!!

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Oh please, now the phone lines can not be used while elections are taking place?

No one knew the phone lines would be CLOGGED. Just nonsense.

Margo, did you read the article? It was a phone line that was specifically to be used for reporting Iowa caucus results that was intentionally posted with the encouragement to clog up the lines.

SMH

4 Likes Save    
Toby

I read the morning after the caucus that caucus managers trying to report the results were put on hold for 45 minutes. That was the explanation for the delay before there was any speculation about the app. So there seems to be a real basis for the report that phone lines were deliberately clogged.

Many Trump supporters act about the same age that Trump acts.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

No one will ever believe the excuses from Iowa. We have eyes and witnessed everything. The phone lines were one of two backup methods. Let's see the phone records instead of making excuses.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Let's not forget. The excuse was..."We have conflicting data." The phone line excuse is absurd.

Alarms sounding..."Take photographs before you text the results"

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Except that it was being reported just hours after the fact, that people couldn’t get through.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

I want honest elections. Even for the crats. Is that too much to ask?

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Jamming phone lines is easily orchestrated or can happen simply because of an unexpected load. I'm sure the investigations by the telco are underway.

Save    
lurker111

The phone lines were tied up because they didn't like the results. They were backed up because they were placed on hold all night.

The phone lines are an excuse. They had the texts and claimed "conflicting data". Who gave out the phone number to Trump supporters?

I'm sure the investigations by the telco are underway.

I very seriously doubt it. Look where this propaganda came from.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

So someone explain to me.

Who didn't like the results? How would jamming up the phone lines change the results?

And, lurker, I'm so touched that you care so much about Democratic caucuses not being contaminated by -- er--I still haven't figured out whom.

Was it Hillary deliberately screwing up the Iowa caucuses. You mean she is going to run again?

Kate

ETA: The first questions are serious. : )

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

It’s a DNC conspiracy against Bernie, Kate. Newt’s telling them so.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

It's obvious. I haven't heard Newt say anything for years. If you need to tell yourself that...fine. Bernie stole the show. Warren was 2nd. Pete was 3rd and pandering to the uncommitted left from Joe and Amy's side. I know that I only saw about 1% of the caucuses, but the crats only need 1,000 people to tell them how the whole of America thinks.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Who did it? Obviously someone who supports Trump.

Yes, Trump made it snow here again too, the scoundrel.

More likely the disruption was done with an eye to hurt Bernie.

Or maybe Bloomberg did it. He's got enough money to make anything happen.

If, in fact, this is true at all. Likely this is a distraction away from the obvious: Shadow's Shenanigans.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

foodonastump

Except that it was being reported just hours after the fact, that people couldn’t get through.

Are you sure? I was watching, and what I kept hearing was "put on hold" and "asked for answers about the delay, and they hung up on me". This is the sort of thing that would have happened when no one had/wanted to give an answer.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I guess they should have asked Homeland Security to run a check eh?

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Michael Cohen testified he was told to rig polls for Trump so he hired a technology company. This would be a natural for Trump. He has to create chaos for the Dems because he can’t win without cheating.

5 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

The back up phone number was to be used in the event of a problem with the app.

The failure to verify the app worked properly was a decision made by Dems alone.

Here come the Dems, inviting adults to fault Trump and his supporters for problems arising from their own, irresponsible failure to provide a working system to their constituents.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

The Dems published the number. Big mistake. Trump fights dirty. The Dems need to realize this man is not normal.

3 Likes Save    
zmith

Ditto, Kathy. Why the DNC doesn't use a confidential communication platform is beyond me.

Save    
lurker111

lol :^)

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"The Dems published the number."

Where?

2 Likes Save    
bragu_DSM 5

As a reporter, I had our county results - both sides - night of caucus. Problems came when trying to relay that info to the IDP.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Bloomberg reported on Wednesday evening that state party leaders were saying that the hotline had been clogged by President Donald Trump’s supporters on caucus night. The number had been posted online, and people started flooding the line to call and express their support for Trump — not to report results. NBC News subsequently reported that the hotline number was posted on internet forum 4chan as well as a directive to “clog the lines.” According to the outlet, one user remarked, “Uh oh how unfortunate it would be for a bunch of mischief makers to start clogging the lines.”

3 Likes Save    
margaritadina

So, Trump already won Iowa. Good to know.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

“the hotline number was posted on internet forum 4chan as well as a directive to “clog the lines.”

*****=

As always, dirty tricks from the right. It’s the only way they can “win.”

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Clearly a dry run for november...

4 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Beneficial Insects Gardening for the Bees, and Why It’s a Good Thing
When you discover how hard bees work for our food supply, you may never garden without them in mind again
Full Story
Working With an Interior Designer 10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
Disaster Prep & Recovery 4 Things a Hurricane Teaches You About Good Design
When the power goes out, a home's design can be as important as packaged food and a hand-crank radio. See how from a firsthand account
Full Story