Video Shows PELOSI *PRE-RIPPING* The SOTU Documents

catkinZ8a

In her uncontrollable anger--she thought--'I'll show him!' LOLOLOL!

Nancy Pelosi ‘pre-ripped’ pages of Trump’s SOTU speech, video shows

By Tamar Lapin

February 5, 2020 | 5:10pm

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi apparently made tiny tears into her copy of President Trump’s State of the Union address — so that her speech-ripping moment could go off without a hitch.

As Trump introduced cancer-stricken radio host Rush Limbaugh — who received the Medal of Freedom during the speech — Pelosi could be seen grabbing the pages off the table.

Video shows her making what seemed to be a tearing motion and then placing the pages back on the table.

Photos of the sheets of paper show them face down on the table with small slits on the side, near where Pelosi would eventually rip them into pieces.

Vice President Mike Pence, who was seated next to the California Democrat, told “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday that it felt like she’d planned to rip the speech because “it felt like such an immediate moment.”

Pelosi’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

WATCH VIDEO:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/nancy-pelosi-pre-ripped-pages-of-trumps-sotu-speech-video-shows/

SaveComment87Like
Comments (87)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks(10a)

And so?

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Bread and circuses.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

18 U.S. Code § 2071.Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

a)

Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of theUnited States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b)

Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by anyperson as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 795; Pub. L. 101–510, div. A, title V, § 552(a), Nov. 5, 1990, 104 Stat. 1566; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(I), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

U.S. Code Toolbox

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Well, this means I have to tell my DH he was right. He said she planned to do it; I said she lost it right at the end. Wonder how far in advance she was planning to do it?

Somehow that makes it even worse, to me. Maybe some of the armchair psychiatrists who used to write articles about diagnosing Trump (by watching him on TV) can start diagnosing Nancy.

7 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

She's demented, fer sure.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Grandma wanted to get her street cred back with the kids. Otherwise, they were going to park her in the old folks' home and throw lots for her belongings.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

HU-885118952

Grandma wanted to get her street cred back with the kids. Otherwise, they were going to park her in the old folks' home and throw lots for her belongings.

Let's not kid ourselves, she's toast politically.

1 Like Save    
Save    
Joaniepoanie

A tweeter nailed it:

She tore a speech, Republicans tore the Constitution.

She’s toast politically? Then why isn’t Trump toast politically for refusing to shake her hand?

More faux outrage from the right. Must be exhausting coming up with this stuff.

5 Likes Save    
Toby

This is the worst political scandal I've ever heard of! Pre-ripping!! Thank God for the video or this would have been a huge cover-up by the dirty Dems!!!!

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/she-ripped-our-hearts-out-trump-state-of-the-union-guest-and-brother-of-man-killed-by-illegal-immigrant-slams-pelosi

One of President Trump's guests at the State of the Union called Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s tearing up a paper copy of the commander in chief’s speech “probably the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen in my life.”

“I don’t care how you feel about somebody. That was probably the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen in my life,” Jody Jones, the brother of a man killed by an illegal immigrant, told Fox News. “Because when she did that, it just tore us up. We couldn’t believe it.”

“Felt like she ripped our hearts out. All the guests. We couldn’t believe it,” he added.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Right up there with a GOP Congressman shouting "You lie!" at Obama.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

So much of the SOTU was about those invited Americans, and more. But Pelosi decided she would make the entire event about herself. All the thought, consideration, planning and work to give these people recognition, support and the opportunity of a lifetime, just spat upon by Nancy Pelosi. Her anger, bitterness and need to lash out was more important than ALL of these people.

This is an elected official who serves US, and works for us, and is paid by us. Her contempt for us was a disgusting display and it was egregious that she made damn sure the last thing that happened at the SOTU would eclipse every American honored by Trump.

7 Likes Save    
foodonastump

JP - She reached out her hand after he turned away. It was a stunt and a fail. And now this is, too. I’m more annoyed now than I was when I wrote this morning :

Ripping up the speech. It’s hard to imagine a stronger image of defeat. So much for decorum, huh Nancy?

If last night wasn’t already the time to call out her antics, the time is now. Let’s be dignified and admit the fail.

5 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Let's not kid ourselves. She was not overcome by rage. She didn't "lose it" in the end.

She wanted to perform some public theater that would indicate exactly what she thought of the speech so filled to overflow with lies, mis-statements, hyperbole, distortions, and inaccuracies that it was more of an anti-State-of-the-Union address than anything else.

It was Trump's ego-centric love letter to himself--and his wished for image of himself and his imaginary place in history.

Pelosi indicated what she thought of Trump's self-delusion that threatens the welfare of our country by ripping the speech that helped create that false image to shreds.

Kate

5 Likes Save    
mudhouse

So much of the SOTU was about those invited Americans, and more. But Pelosi decided she would make the entire event about herself. All the thought, consideration, planning and work to give these people recognition, support and the opportunity of a lifetime, just spat upon y Nancy Pelosi. Her anger, bitterness and need to lash out was more important than ALL of these people.

This is what bothers me the most. She did it to make it all about her. That event, those moments belonged to a lot more people than Nancy Pelosi. I don't think she considered anyone but herself.

What a contrast to the gracious behavior of all the guests, who were obviously honored and humbled to have just a few moments as part of the SOTU address. Now this ugly publicity stunt will always be part of their memories of those moments.

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

So why didn’t Trump extend his hand first? From what I heard he ignored her and the entire Dem side of the room the whole night. He acts petty, vengeful and vindictive every day and it’s perfectly OK. Nancy tears his speech and the right has strokes. Cripes, it was a copy of another horrible Trump rally-like speech, not the Magna Carta.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Why is nobody mentioning that she failed to announce him properly.

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Joaniepoanie: Nancy tears his speech and the right has strokes. Cripes, it was a copy of another horrible Trump rally-like speech, not the Magna Carta.

Obviously, from the statement by Jody Jones, who was there to honor his deceased brother, it meant more to the people who were invited there as guests than it did to you, or to Kate.

6 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Let's recap:

Nancy impeaches him

Nancy does not announce him properly

Nancy makes a late hand shake gesture after his back is turned

Nancy shuffles those papers to be annoying

Nancy holds a conversation with ??

Nancy pre rips the speech papers

Nancy rips the speech up at the end

and the left think Trump did something wrong lolll loll lol

9 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I think bribing a foreign leader to win an election is worse than tearing up a copy of a speech.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

JP - watch the video starting just after the 2 minute mark. Trump hands the documents to Pence and Pelosi rather quickly without shaking EITHER of their hands. He quickly turns away and as he’s already turned away she makes a show of extending her hand.

https://youtu.be/zNECVmfJtxc

Margo - The introduction is the one thing I’ll let slide. No high privilege or distinct honor for her to introduce him. She stood and clapped for him as he walked in. That must have been painful enough.

5 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

queenmargo, add to your list, Nancy invited Trump.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

OH gee food- poor Nancy. Perhaps she should have stayed home then.

Save    
elvis

But Pelosi decided she would make the entire event about herself.

Nailed it. She hasn't been in the spotlight lately, she felt needy. Unfortunately, her selfish gesture caused innocents to get hurt. As Mud wrote:

What a contrast to the gracious behavior of all the guests, who were obviously honored and humbled to have just a few moments as part of the SOTU address. Now this ugly publicity stunt will always be part of their memories of those moments.

Joaniepoanie

So why didn’t Trump extend his hand first? From what I heard he ignored her and the entire Dem side of the room the whole night.

You don't know what you're talking about, you didn't watch the SOTU.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

What do you mean she invited Trump HU-52?

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Pence: Pelosi ripping up Trump's State of the Union speech 'was a new low'

BY JOHN BOWDEN - 02/05/20 08:43 AM EST

Vice President Pence on Wednesday took aim at Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) after she ripped up a copy of President Trump's State of the Union speech following his address Tuesday evening.

In an appearance on "Fox & Friends," the vice president said he "wasn't sure if she was ripping up the speech or ripping up the Constitution" when he saw Pelosi's gesture.

"I didn't see her do it; I found out just a few moments later. And I thought it was a new low," he added.

Pence says Pelosi ripping up Trump's SOTU speech was "a new low." pic.twitter.com/DyMUz9tH4V— TPM Livewire (@TPMLiveWire) February 5, 2020

As Trump's speech ended on Tuesday night, Pelosi tore the printed speech in half and set it down as the president made his way off the podium to greet members of Congress.

Pelosi later told reporters that tearing the speech “was the courteous thing to do considering the alternatives."

"It was such a dirty speech," she added.

Pelosi has faced considerable criticism from conservatives following the move. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) called the gesture "petty."

"How petty of Pelosi. Ripping up a piece of paper doesn't change the facts that were written on it — Americans are winning, in spite of the do-nothing Democrats," he tweeted.

How petty of Pelosi. Ripping up a piece of paper doesn't change the facts that were written on it—Americans are winning, in spite of the do-nothing Democrats.— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) February 5, 2020

Pelosi's actions come after it appeared the president ignored the Speaker's attempt to shake his hand at the beginning of the speech.

The speech took place weeks after the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. It also came one day before the GOP-controlled Senate is likely to vote to acquit him of the impeachment charges.

Updated at 11:30 a.m. to correctly refer to McCarthy as the Minority Leader.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/481581-pence-pelosi-ripping-up-trumps-state-of-the-union-speech-was-a-new

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

OH gee food- poor Nancy. Perhaps she should have stayed home then.

Her party.

What do you mean she invited Trump HU-52?

Her party, she invited him.

Save    
Toby

Nancy ripping the speech was directed solely at Trump. It's his supporters who are starting the narrative that she did it to insult the heroes in attendance. Don't fall for their tired, old rhetoric. They're counting on it.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

OK if this is protocol for the speaker of the House to have a party to give the SOTU address, then she could at least play her role and announce him properly. She should treat her guests with respect. She is one nasty hostess lol lol

2 Likes Save    
shead

I don’t give a flying rat’s derrière what Nancy thinks of President Trump’s SOTU speech or him personally. He is still POTUS, the highest office in the land, and with that office comes protocols and respects due it whether you like who holds the office or not. As SOTH, it was her duty to announce the POTUS properly at the SOTU and it was her job to handle the official document delivered to her as representative of the Congressional body with respect and honor REGARDLESS of whether or not she personally agreed with what was in it or not. She failed her duty and her office and she needs to be removed if she can’t carry out her duties without letting her personal disdain get in the way.

11 Likes Save    
queenmargo

As Trump would say "Get her outta here" lol

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

She ripped it 10 minutes before the end of the speech, when Trump was honoring a grieving gold star family. Shameless.

6 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I can let the lack of Pelosi's introduction slide, like foodonastump. I think I remember some ruffled feathers at last year's SOTU. I think Trump didn't wait for Nancy to introduce him last year, and just started his speech. If I'm remembering that right (?) there may have been some question about how that part was going to go. I'm still trying to find that from last year, I could be wrong.

There's no way I can equate a missed handshake, though (regardless of how that happened) with justification for the disrespect that Nancy showed the whole country, and those SOTU guests, when she ripped that speech up.

7 Likes Save    
mudhouse

queenmargo, it's tradition that the Speaker of the House sends a formal invite to the President, every year, to hold the SOTU in the House. Pelosi sent Trump a letter to invite him. Last year, Pelosi postponed the SOTU because of the government shutdown.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

DEMS ARE 0-4!

Mueller, Kavanaugh, Ukraine and now Impeachment

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

queenmargo, it's tradition that the Speaker of the House sends a formal invite to the President, every year, to hold the SOTU in the House.

Why did she even send the invite then?

If she has to as a protocol, then there should be protocol to follow though out the event. Seems odd to me.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Excuse me Elvis, but I saw enough clips and more than one commentator said he ignored the Dems, just as he did not extend his hand to Nancy. Videotape shows he saw her extend her hand and quickly turned away. The only time it seems he turned to the Dem side of the room was to read the teleprompter.

Save    
mudhouse

Ok, here's an article saying Trump did break with tradition in 2019, starting his speech without an intro from Pelosi. But confusion reigns, because Pelosi says in the article she did introduce him:

President Trump appeared to buck tradition on Tuesday, launching into his State of the Union address without waiting for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to introduce him.

The president is typically given a formal introduction once reaching the dais inside the House Chamber, which follows the House Sergeant at Arms announcing the president’s entrance into the chamber.

It wasn’t clear whether Trump’s quick start was an intentional snub. After the speech, Pelosi played down concerns over the idea that Trump snubbed her or broke any rules before the speech.

"What do you mean? I introduced him," the Hill reported Pelosi telling reporters as she left the Capitol. "I did introduce him. I said, 'Members of Congress, I present you the president of the United States.' There was no snub."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-goes-against-tradition-doesnt-wait-for-pelosi-to-introduce-him-before-sotu-speech

Clear as mud, to me! Lol. Anyway, I thought I remembered something weird about that moment, last year.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

queenmargo: Why did she even send the invite then?

If she has to as a protocol, then there should be protocol to follow though out the event. Seems odd to me.

I agree, and I think inviting him could be added to your chronological list above, as HU-52 suggested. Not a good hostess at all.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Nasty Nancy and the Dems showed ZERO RESPECT for those that were honored last night.

It was a pathetic display by all of them.

This is her last year as the Fake Speaker, mark my words.

4 Likes Save    
Chi

This is her last year as the Fake Speaker, mark my words.

Doubtful. She orchestrated getting Trump impeached, which made many millions of people happy.

3 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Nancy impeaches him

Trump was impeached by a vote in the US House of Representatives.

She failed her duty and her office and she needs to be removed if she can’t carry out her duties without letting her personal disdain get in the way.

Good luck with that!

This is her last year as the Fake Speaker

As more of Team Trump's underhanded dealings in Ukraine continue to be revealed, I would be more circumspect in predicting the future of Ms Pelosi.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

catkinZ8a

Nasty Nancy and the Dems showed ZERO RESPECT for those that were honored last night.

Not true.

I saw several Dem moc interviewed today who said they were very moved by some of the honorees,

1 Like Save    
elvis

Joaniepoanie

Excuse me Elvis, but I saw enough clips and more than one commentator said he ignored the Dems

POTUS definitely didn't ignore the dems. He pointed out their many past deficiencies, and also gave them credit for a couple of accomplishments. Please show us where "one commentator said POTUS ignored the dems". Thanks.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Trump awarding the Medal of Freedom to Limbaugh at the SOTU was a huge slap in every Dem's face. Let's analyze why he chose that venue which is supposed to be nonpartisan. It made me very angry.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Wow, to this pre-ripping video. There is no doubt about it. She's crazy with rage - it's owning her!

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Let's analyze why he chose that venue which is supposed to be nonpartisan. It made me very angry.

If that venue was supposed to be nonpartisan, explain to me how you can justify Nancy's behavior. It made me very angry. It made me wonder if she is all there too.

6 Likes Save    
foodonastump

(ETA sorry to be harping on this but I think it’s total “fake news”)

Here’s the moment he handed off the folder:

Note that she’s off his right shoulder; he’s not looking towards her. Split second later he’s still not looking at her, head might already be barely turning, but his right hand shows clearly he’s already turning away as she starts to extend her hand:

By the time it’s clear she’s reaching her hand out he’s gone:

Note the time stamp is all the same. It happens very quickly. It’s entirely possible - maybe probable - that he positioned himself like that and turned away quickly to avoid the whole thing, but judging as impartially as I can I just don’t see where he saw her go for a handshake and then him turn away.

Watch on CBS and they immediately speculate that he may not have seen her.

https://youtu.be/_aC9zQX01T8

8 Likes Save    
Del Phinium

A+ for effort, FOAS! Seriously! I fear that you're wasting your time, trying to convince them though. They simply don't want to see it, and they never will.

7 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Well, she has the spotlight now. Great campaign ad out, and she'll be seen ripping the speech over and over again.

7 Likes Save    
Ann

I saw the ad tonight! One had to figure her speech ripping would make many an ad. It should. It was a prime example of her rage and Dem rage, which is all too prevalent.

I was surprised by Tim Ryan. He left during the SOTU and his interview about why he left was quite pathetic too. I actually used to like him, but that was really childish.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Matt Gaetz will be filing charges against Pelosi. We'll see where that goes, but it obvious that Pelosi immediately ripped a couple papers to see if she could pull her little stunt as soon as Trump finished.

For that, she needs to be censured.

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

They can put the torn transcript in Trump’s archive. Perfect. They can go with all the ripped up ones Trump destroyed and they had to reassemble.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Maybe Trump should be censured for turning his back on her when she went to shake his hand.

Tim Ryan—-was sick of sitting there listening to the lies. Said his time was better spent face timing with his son before bedtime. I’m surprised more didn’t walk out. They should have. As Nancy said it was a manifesto of lies.

Childish? Let’s remember the R’s storming into the scif and trying to push the false narrative—-lie——they weren’t allowed in.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Many Republicans never even attended the hearings in the House. Then they could say with a straight face they didn’t hear any incriminating testimony.

1 Like Save    
elvis

She didn't get it, FOAS. Valiant attempts.

Maybe if you try selfie shots.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Nice try, food.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Here it is in a nutshell...

"Trump didn't shake her hand so she destroyed government property in a temper tantrum. Impeach him! Censure him!"

And there you have it. Poor pelosi.

That explains the sour face and fidgeting. She was seething the whole time she was sitting there because Trump didn't shake her hand. We'll accept that explanation. It doesn't excuse or justify her actions, though.

2 Likes Save    
jlhug

Nancy ripping the speech was directed solely at Trump. It's his supporters who are starting the narrative that she did it to insult the heroes in attendance. Don't fall for their tired, old rhetoric. They're counting on it.

I haven't seen anyone who said that Pelosi ripped up the papers to insult the heroes in attendance. I have seen it written many times that by doing so she insulted the heroes. There is a difference. She did it to insult Trump and put the attention back on her. Insulting the heroes was an "unintended consequence" that she didn't consider in her rush make a public display of her hatred of Trump. It was a childish and poorly thought out stunt.

5 Likes Save    
jlhug

FOAS, thanks for the pictures. I think that people's political bias strongly influences what they see. I happen to agree with you. He was turning away and focused on the next part of the night when Pelosi extended her hand. He may or may not have noticed her extended hand. I suspect he wasn't expecting it so he wasn't looking for it since he didn't shake Spence's hand nor did Spence extend his hand to him.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Toby

Nancy ripping the speech was directed solely at Trump.

Your opinion doesn't excuse her crime.

4 Likes Save    
shead

I find it amazing at how many are justifying her actions/possible crime just because they think Trump has done worse. The last time I checked, asking an officer to not give me a speeding ticket because I saw another driver going faster than me didn’t work. Oh wait, I never actually did that because I know that’s not how the law works nor how a civilized society works.

5 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

So????? Trump's medal for Rush was not staged for effect?

I find it amazing at how many are justifying her actions/possible crime just because they think Trump has done worse.

It is hard to constantly watch the defence of his foolish acts and then be slammed when a person on the Left does the same.

That is called hypocrisy and there is a fine line between being the 'bigger person' and 'being a doormat.

Save    
3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

IMPEACH the impeacher.

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

"Matt Gaetz will be filing charges against Pelosi."

And the cycle continues. Stoop, stoop further, stoop even further.

THIS is why people should really consider taking the high road. Just sit there and listen to the idiot. Tweet your rebuttal later. Not that hard.

Save    
queenmargo

I agree FOAS, except for you calling him an idiot. Just listen, and opine later.

For such seasoned politicians you would think they would know. Their hate takes over common sense.

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

"Matt Gaetz will be filing charges against Pelosi."

Hmmm? I wonder if that act will trigger Congress to subpoena Bolton?

Save    
Nana H

I wouldn't call a referral to the Ethics Committee " filling charges" . It is his right to make such a referral. Maybe they will get to it after they are finished wirh Nunes.

Save    
lurker111

I'm not worried about Bolton. He's not going to be your savior.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Insulting the heroes was an "unintended consequence" that she didn't
consider in her rush make a public display of her hatred of Trump.

I don't see that Nancy making a statement about Trump has a thing to do with the heroes in attendance. It's being played that way by Trump supporters and now some of the honorees have taken up the narrative. It's all just politics.

Save    
Toby

Nancy taking the low road isn't any different than Trump keeping an enemies' list against those who were doing their jobs and upholding their oath to the Constitution.

Sherrod Brown has an op ed in the NYT today where he discusses that many of the GOP Senators acquitted Trump out of fear of payback.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

lol! Whatever.

Save    
Ann

"He's not going to be your savior."

Agreed. I expect we'll hear of a lot about policy disagreement from a man who feels scorned.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

It' s clear the messaging on Bolton is well underway. Expectations set, minds closed.

1 Like Save    
Toby

I'm surprised so many can't figure out respect. It's not bestowed on anyone by their title. You earn it by the way you conduct yourself. By any standard of decency, Trump has only earned disrespect. You can argue that we should respect the office of the Presidency but even he has disrespected it. You're holding Nancy to a standard that you won't hold Trump to, and you even encourage the behavior that has made him lose respect.

Save    
Chi

I've actually seen several people on the left say what she did was wrong. Can you say the same about Trump supporters and his actions? Because I can't.

Save    
Del Phinium

Sure. Trump was 100% wrong by beginning the SOTU speech without correcting Pelosi on not giving him the proper formal introduction that she was supposed to.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Trump is good,

Trump is great,

4 more years to celebrate.

Call him orange,

Call him fat,

4 more years, no democrat.

Wish I may,

Wish I might,

4 more years of the Right.

My morning genius lol lol

5 Likes Save    
Chi

"Sure. Trump was 100% wrong by beginning the SOTU speech without correcting Pelosi on not giving him the proper formal introduction that she was supposed to."

If that's the best example you've got of Trump supporters cricitizing his actions, then you prove my point perfectly. I see your post saying we hold Nancy to a different standard is gone now.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Turning Point stikes again (& and was debunked, again):

It fell to a Fox News host on Wednesday to inform an excited Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) that no, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) can’t be prosecuted and sent to prison or fined for ripping up a copy of President Trump’s State of the Union address.

This, after Gaetz called for a House Ethics Committee investigation of Pelosi and a referral of her action to the Justice Department for a criminal investigation. Gaetz cited a law that makes it a crime for anyone having custody of certain federal records to mutilate, obliterate or destroy them.

Among the many problems with Gaetz’s proposed prosecution is that a copy of a speech, even a speech by the president, is not an official record, which means Pelosi was not the custodian of an official record. The law is designed to preserve documents and other official materials in places like the National Archives.

Ingraham, while equally outraged by Pelosi’s behavior, is a law school graduate who clerked at the Supreme Court. She couldn’t hide her amusement at Gaetz’s demand for a probe. Chuckling, she said, “Well, it’s not really a formal record because it’s a copy of the speech that the president signed. … This is cute, but it’s not going to work.”

The notion that Pelosi illegally destroyed public records appears to have originally surfaced in a tweet by Trump friend Charlie Kirk, founder of the conservative group Turning Point USA, and was quickly debunked by various fact-checkers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/06/gaetz-complaint-pelosi-speech/

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Listening to Nancy just now, she tore up the speech because it was nothing but lies and she wanted the American people to know it was nothing but lies—-tearing it up was communicating just that to the entire country, in a very emphatic and effective way I might add. You go girl!

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Thanks Ziemia - I was wondering about that. Seemed far-fetched to think that ripping up a simple COPY could be actionable.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

She had to tear it up to see what was in it.

Save    
Nana H

A problem not exclusive to the right.

Save    
elvis

Was this on the right thread^^^?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 7 Must-Dos on the Day You Show Your House
Don’t risk losing buyers because of little things you overlook. Check these off your list before you open the front door
Full Story
Green Building Is Radiant Heating or Cooling Right for You?
Questions to ask before you go for one of these temperature systems in your floors or walls (yes, walls)
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 10 Things to Discuss With Your Contractor Before Work Starts
Have a meeting a week before hammers and shovels fly to make sure everyone’s on the same page
Full Story
We create award winning kitchens/baths designed to suit your lifestyle! The heart of the home is always the... Read More
Every job is unique and different with Alfa Landscaping and with over 18 years of experience, our staff will work... Read More