SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_southworth

Help me find a dramatic, moody green color for my study!

Meredith Southworth
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, all,

My husband and I are in the midst of a house build and are plagued by indecision about paint colors. Our contractor uses Sherwin Williams colors, and we initially chose a light green (SW Oyster Bay). I'm just not happy with it, though, and would love your input. My husband loves green, and this will be mostly his computer room. I am usually hesitant to make bold statements in my color choices, but I am so very drawn to moody, dark study colors. Most of our house is very neutral in color--nearly every room is painted in SW White Heron. The only notable exception would be the dining room, which was painted in BM Hale Navy (thanks to the great advice of people on this forum!)

Here's our study with newly placed reclaimed wood floors (not yet finished with polyurethane):

For comparison, here's our dining room with freshly

finished floors and Hale Navy paint.

And here are my sources of inspiration:

Do you think the color is too bold for our dark floors? Do you have color suggestions for me? I would love any advice you have!

While we're talking color, I'm also thinking of re-painting our bathroom. The SW White Heron looks a little too peach-colored next to the gray grout in the floor, so I'm considering SW Crushed Ice instead. Would Crushed Ice in the bathroom look odd in close proximity to the White Heron in the hallway? Would Crushed Ice look too drab next to the exposed brick? Ultimately, I'm looking for a color that would compliment both the gray grout, the exposed brick, and the White Heron hallway color while also keeping the room light and airy.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Comments (47)