Taxpayers Get $3.4 Million Tab So Trump Can Host Super Bowl Party

Kathy

Taxpayers shelled out another $3.4 million to send President Donald Trump to Florida this weekend so he could host a Super Bowl party for paying guests at his for-profit golf course.

The president’s official schedule shows him spending two and a half hours Sunday evening at a “Super Bowl LIV watch party” at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach. Tickets sold for $75 each, but were only available to members of the club — the initiation fee for which reportedly runs about $450,000, with annual dues costing several thousands of dollars more.

Trump promised during his presidential campaign that he would separate himself from his businesses if he won. However, he reneged on that vow, as well as on his promise to release his tax returns.

On his most recent financial disclosure form, which was filed last May, Trump claimed he had received $12,325,355 in income from the West Palm Beach golf course over the previous year. It’s unclear how accurate that is, given Trump’s tendency to file widely varying figures to different government authorities.

He told the U.S. Office of Government Ethics in his 2018 financial disclosure, for example, that his Scotland golf courses are worth more than $50 million each, even as he told authorities in the United Kingdom that they had a combined net debt of $65 million.

This weekend’s trip to Mar-a-Lago was Trump’s 28th to the property since becoming president. Saturday’s and Sunday’s golf outings at the West Palm Beach club brings his total to 79 days there since taking office and 244 total golf days at properties that he owns.

Taxpayers’ total tab for his golf hobby, meanwhile, climbed to $130.4 million.

That figure and the $3.4 million for each Mar-a-Lago trip are based on a HuffPost analysis that included the costs of Air Force transportation, Coast Guard patrols, Secret Service security and other expenses, as detailed in a January 2019 report from the Government Accountability Office of Trump’s first four visits to Mar-a-Lago in early 2017.

Trump is and always has been a con man. In 2016, he said that, unlike Obama, he’d never golf and he’d never take personal trips outside the White House,” said former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), who is challenging Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination. “In addition, Trump is using taxpayer money to personally enrich himself because virtually all of his travel is to Trump properties. That is the swamp Trump pledged to drain. Trump is the swamp.”

If there is any doubt Trump is enriching himself while in office this should dispel that idea.

SaveComment31Like3
Comments (31)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chi

Wonder how much of that went into his own pocket. He's the best grifter-in-chief that we've ever had!

3 Likes Save    
Lindsey_CA

This is the fourth Super Bowl party that Trump has hosted at Mar-a-Lago since he took office.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Trump————$130 million in 3 years

Obama———-$98 million in 8 years

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Those so interested in tax waste don't seen to mind now much of their money Trump spends on himself. Now those food stamps, that' s serious.

8 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Oh, nice, this helps tourism ;)

Save    
paprikash

Wonder if they had chicken wings — we did. Fantastic!

eta - wonder if they do the betting board. One of my friends had 0-0 and won $750.00! She’s a happy camper.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

No such thing as too much for the man of 16,000+ lies!

Save    
chipotle

Wonder if they had chicken wings

Didn't you catch Trump's chicken dance while the National Anthem played?

Save    
paprikash

He’s a happy man—isn’t that wonderful

3 Likes Save    
Chi

His supporters really will support anything he does. It's really remarkable. Just once I'd like to see one of them disagree with something he does.

Save    
Stan Areted

Why?

What's it to you?

2 Likes Save    
Chi

Because it would feel more authentic, as everyone makes mistakes. Trump is far from perfect and supporting *everything* he does seems really unrealistic. I don't think I've ever seen a single thing he's done criticized by a supporter.

If you look at past threads, Obama was criticized plenty by Democrats. I've never seen such loyalty as Trump supporters.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I've never seen such loyalty as Trump supporters.

Can you imagine how jealous Obama must be lol lol

Save    
Chi

Obama had plenty of support without blind loyalty. I think that matters more.

At least to Obama anyway. Trump seems to delight in the fact that he can do whatever he wants and his people will still support him, hence his comment about shooting someone and not losing any votes.

Save    
queenmargo

Sure, if you say so;)

Save    
AnnKH

His supporters really will support anything he does. It's really
remarkable. Just once I'd like to see one of them disagree with
something he does.

Me too. The absolute and total agreement suggests simple mindless parroting, not critical, independent thinking.

5 Likes Save    
chipotle

Trump's supporters don't dare disagree. They'd be ostracized immediately.

1 Like Save    
terezosa / terriks

I doubt that Obama is jealous, jealousy is Trump's thing lol lol

5 Likes Save    
elvis

I don't think I've ever seen a single thing he's done criticized by a supporter.

Why bother? Many of you take care of that detail for us. One less thing to do.

But okay, here's one: I do not like his hairdo. So there!

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Trump's ties are too long.

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

There was a tux he wore awhile back. It was not flattering

1 Like Save    
Kathy

No one cares about the 16,000 lies?

1 Like Save    
elvis

That's 14 1/2 lies per day. Please list yesterday's. Thanks.

Save    
Kathy

Listen to Trump yourself. Almost everything he says is a lie.

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Not only do we have to pay for the party but we also have to watch him dissing the Star Spangled Banner. He is morally and spiritually BK,

2 Likes Save    
AnnKH

That's 14 1/2 lies per day

It's not hard when you're the Bestest liar.

Most people probably couldn't pull it off, but Trump has had a LOT of practice. And remember, lies repeated over and over still count as lies. That does drive the number up.

Save    
Kathy

He is laughing all the way to the bank. We will pay for years.

Save    
lurker111

No one cares about the 16,000 lies?

No. We don't care about any of the crat propaganda. It only works on the weak.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

No. We don't care about any of the crat propaganda. It only works on the weak.

Ummm? I believe his lies are from his lips, no crat propaganda needed just ears.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

False beliefs.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^ yet his words.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Entertaining Touchdown! How to Host a Winning Super Bowl Party
Score with football fans by offering great seating, viewing and snack options and a touch of team spirit
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: How Can I Kindly Get Party Guests to Use Coasters?
Here’s how to handle the age-old entertaining conundrum to protect your furniture — and friendships
Full Story
New Year's Eve How to Host a Big Holiday Meal in Your Not-So-Big Home
Here are 7 things you can do to make your dinner party a success
Full Story