SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_95913034

Why are my calatheas leaves rapidly turning yellow?

HU-95913034
4 years ago

About a week and a half ago I noticed that some of the lower leaves on my calathea we're turning yellow and dying. I removed the leaves and tried to figure out what's wrong. My water meter made it seem like it was dry so I gave it a little bit but not an excessive amount of water. At first I thought I had solved the problem however today I noticed that several of the lower leaves are now yellow and some of the leaves in the middle that used to be very healthy are beginning to turn yellow. I've had this plant for a couple of months and I've never had any problems from it up until now. It's about three feet away from the window and it's never had any burnt or crispy edges. Also it is generally stored and it's Nursery pot within a ceramic pot so I can still drain properly. I did check the soil and it does seem quite damp so I took it out to try to to dry it out a little bit in case that's the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I love this plant and really don't want to die.

Comments (5)