Iowa Caucus night

Nana H

Watching the Florida satellite caucus. Fascinating watching the process. It's so unusual. Amy won first round, with Pete number two and Biden three. Will be watching this evening. Hope they have live pics of all the cacuses, it's truly fascinating.

Will anyone be watching the results tonight

SaveComment135Like
Comments (135)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

Bernie' s numbers were dismal as were Warren's

Save    
elvis

I was a delegate for Jesse Jackson, then Gary Hart, back in the last year that Wisconsin had the caucus system. It's a very bad way to run a "primary". Chaos/anarchy.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

elvis, also sounds like a lot of bullying. Was that your experience?

1 Like Save    
elvis

"Bullying" is too kind!

1 Like Save    
althea_gw

We now have a primary and a caucus because the presidential primary caucus in 2016 had so many people they changed to accommodate everyone. With ours, you just checked off your candidate's name on a slip of paper and put it in a coffee can to be counted. No second or third ballots. Iowa's system reminds me more of ranked choice which I like. It looks like it could be fun if you keep your head, or miserable like Elvis's experience.

Save    
HU-885118952

elvis, it just makes me think that these caucuses don't reflect reality and aren't predictive in nature.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Must admit I think they are an unusual way of doing this but I also think it is a tad unfair in that the timing , as in time of day, excludes so many. However I love the openness of it ......No secret ballot stuff.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Well, the republican caucus is packed. I'm not hearing much about that. :^)

2 Likes Save    
Toby

For the first time this year, they can caucus via smartphone app.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Maybe the IDP is burning all the Bernie ballots in a bonfire somewhere....

Save    
catkinZ8a

Most have finished and left--what's going on?

1 Like Save    
Ann

No kidding catkin. What is going on????

Save    
lurker111

Bernie is first, biden is last.

Bernie, Pete, Ann, Elizabeth, Biden.

(I mean Amy^^^)

Save    
Ann

Are any networks reporting yet? I haven't heard anything.

Save    
mudhouse

Nobody seems to have any official numbers yet. (?)

Save    
lurker111

Not yet. I'll check the order again, going off of memory. Bernie was in first place, Biden was in last.

1. Bernie

2. Warren

3. Pete

4 (Amy)

5. Biden

Save    
Ann

Wow, I just checked out predictit and Biden is tanking in numerous state race betting pools - like Florida. Buttigieg is surging, but not surpassing Bernie.

This is looking like an outcome Bloomberg would be dreaming about!

1 Like Save    
Ann

Lurker, does "Ann" = "Amy" in your lists?

Save    
lurker111

Yeah, That's her. :^) (sorry)

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Toby: For the first time this year, they can caucus via smartphone app.

Things are not going as planned at the Iowa caucuses tonight. By now we should have had the results for the first round, and probably the second—possibly even the final results. But that's not what's happening. CNN's Wolf Blitzer summed it up succinctly just now: "Something's going on."

...No one knows what's going on at this point, but there are some reports that the app is not working correctly.

...Update: 11:09 EST: We've now learned that IDP [Iowa Democratic Party] officials have summoned the campaigns to an emergency meeting to explain the delayed results. This indicates that they're possibly dealing with a systemic, statewide problem rather than just a few precincts experiencing issues.

https://pjmedia.com/election/cnns-wolf-blitzer-somethings-going-on-with-delayed-iowa-caucus-results/

2 Likes Save    
elvis

"Ann" just made a speech that sounded for all the world like a victory speech, I hear they are going to take advantage of this opportunity. Something is going on. Did the new, transparent app not work? Hacked? Is Bernie getting screwed (again)?

1 Like Save    
Ann

Here comes Biden to give his speech:) Still no numbers.

Save    
lurker111

Districts are trying to report and have been on hold for over an hour.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Warren is speaking too.

Save    
mudhouse

Russians?

6 Likes Save    
Ann

Lol, Warren is talking about how rich Trump was when he grew up and how poor she was. Can't wait to see Bloomberg enter the debates and the "money" talk then.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Reporting now on Fox, officials saying it's not a hack or an intrusion, sounds like some problem with the verification process. (So not Russians.)

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

They are being told to photograph the results before sending them. They're speaking out on Twitter.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Can you say cluster?

5 Likes Save    
Ann

This is getting seriously comical:)

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

5 Likes Save    
4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Letter from Biden camp, to the Iowa Democratic Party:

"I write on behalf of the Biden for President Campaign regarding the considerable flaws in tonight’s Iowa Caucus reporting system. The app that was intended to relay Caucus results to the Party failed; the Party’s back-up telephonic reporting system likewise has failed. Now, we understand that Caucus Chairs are attempting to — and, in many cases, failing to — report results telephonically to the Party. These acute failures are occurring statewide.

We appreciate that you plan to brief the campaigns momentarily on these issues, and we plan to participate. However, we believe that the campaigns deserve full explanations and relevant information regarding the methods of quality control you are employing, and an opportunity to respond, before any official results are released. We look forward to hearing from you promptly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/biden-camp-shreds-considerable-flaws-letter-iowa-democratic-party-n1129516

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Blitzer: "Huge, huge embarrassment for the IDP."

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Not to mention those poor students that volunteered and worked their fingers to the bone. :(

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

No one will believe them (results) now.

Mark my words.

6 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

The Democrats and the crooked media can no longer hide Biden's fake poll numbers and they're panicking.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Seems to me the right is panicking....you’re the only ones who seem to be watching and posting here frantically....lol.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

The democrats seem to be missing tonight. Oh well, it's way past my bedtime. FOX predicted the problems and said the results wouldn't be out until tomorrow. I think Wallace said it earlier today.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

The long anticipated Des Moines Register Poll crashed and burned, too.

Hmmmmm.......

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

It's Bernie's fault!

In Iowa, anxiety and unpredictability cloud caucus finish

New rules have also left the campaigns working in overdrive to set expectations. For the first time, the Iowa Democratic Party will release three sets of results: who voters align with at the start of the night; who they pick after voters supporting nonviable candidates get to make a second choice; and the number of state delegate equivalents each candidate gets.

The new rules were mandated by the Democratic National Committee as part of a package of changes sought by Sanders following his loss to Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential primaries. The revisions were designed to make the caucus system more transparent and to make sure that even the lowest-performing candidates get credit for all the votes they receive. But party officials in Iowa and at the DNC have privately expressed concerns that multiple campaigns will spin the results in their favor, potentially creating chaos on caucus night.

1 Like Save    
elvis

mudhouse

Russians?

Too early! Bernie's going to use the help of his comrades, later.

5 Likes Save    
mudhouse

catkin: The long anticipated Des Moines Register Poll crashed and burned, too.

Catkin, I was just trying to run that down, because WaPo just mentioned it in this article a few minutes ago (archived link, to get past the pay wall:)

https://archive.is/HYhXy

WaPo: The irony on Monday night was that it was the second time in three days when the expected became the unexpected. On Saturday night, the Iowa Poll, long considered the most reliable pre-caucus indicator of the standing of the candidates, was pulled just before it was to be released after technical problems threw into doubt the reliability of the findings.

Apparently that poll, the last one before the caucus, was pulled because of concerns raised by one person about a candidate's name that might have been omitted. (I read elsewhere the candidate was Buttigieg.)

The Des Moines Register, CNN and Selzer & Co. have made the decision to not release the final installment of the CNN/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll as planned Saturday evening.

...a respondent raised an issue with the way the survey was administered, which could have compromised the results of the poll. It appears a candidate’s name was omitted in at least one interview in which the respondent was asked to name their preferred candidate.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2020/02/01/des-moines-register-cnn-cancels-release-iowa-poll-over-respondent-concerns/4637168002/

Even if CNN/Register/Mediacom did the right thing to pull that poll, the fact that these two problems occurred one after the other, both obscuring or delaying results critical to candidates, will raise questions.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

NPR Politics

@nprpolitics

"By all indications, we are going on to New Hampshire victorious," Pete Buttigieg said in a late-night speech.
0% of Iowa caucus results are in.

Did St. Pete have anything to do with it?

https://twitter.com/viking2086/status/1224573952523227137/photo/1

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Did Buttigieg pay the app maker Shadow $21,000 for access?

Did Buttigieg's national organizing director Greta Carnes ever work for ACRONYM--Shadow's mother company?

So many questions.

02/04/2020 12:47 am ET Updated 2 minutes ago

This Is The Buzzy Democratic Firm That Botched The Iowa Caucuses

Shadow, a Democratic digital firm, created the app that was supposed to deliver quicker caucus results.

The tech arm of ACRONYM, a Democratic digital nonprofit group that has rapidly expanded in recent years, was responsible for building the Iowa caucus app that contributed to delays in reporting Monday night’s results in the first vote in the party’s presidential race. Multiple Democratic sources, including one of the presidential campaigns, confirmed the app’s creator.

State campaign finance records indicate the Iowa Democratic Party paid Shadow, a tech company owned by ACRONYM, more than $60,000 for “website development” over two installments in November and December of last year. A Democratic source with knowledge of the process said those payments were for the app that caucus site leaders were supposed to use to upload the results at their locales.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/iowa-caucus-app-shadow_n_5e390191c5b687dacc722824?lng

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Last 10 hours (didn't go further back) nearly all the many posts are from Trump supporters. (Worth a repeat).

Whole lot of conflating

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Yeah I hope they can sleep in and get some rest.

Really bad look though. What a way to start. It’s tough for me to watch a party that I generally side with, screw yet something else up. Never ending it seems.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

If nothing else this fiasco should put an end to caucuses. How unfair to the candidates and to the volunteers who devote so many hours to the process.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

OMG, I slept a full night and wake up to the fiasco still going on.

8 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Believe me, this is what our country will look like if a Dem gets elected from this zany cast of running candidates. Chaos and confusion. Now picture this for healthcare procedures lol loll ol. They will be taking pictures of your results and sending them somewhere lol

8 Likes Save    
lurker111

The crats impeached Trump over a fantasy that joe was going to be his opponent. They need to be punished.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"They will be taking pictures of your results and sending them somewhere lol"

Maybe to Canada, where they can be put in their waiting line:)

8 Likes Save    
Nana H

Pretty sure the candidates aren't responsible for this debacle either.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Lol FOAS, about the Republican caucus. I remember when a few on HT were insistent the Republicans would have an interesting/meaningful primary in 2020. Whenever I talked about how the Dem primary would be interesting to watch, they said "What about the GOP primary?". Lol!!!!!

6 Likes Save    
Ann

Lol, about the government running healthcare. I well remember the Obamacare website rollout:)

9 Likes Save    
Ann

It looks like Joe might have even struggled with viability at some caucus sites. It does put kind of an interesting light on the whole Dem impeachment narrative. Joe might end up being about the furthest person from a "political opponent".

5 Likes Save    
Nana H

No doubt due, in part, to Trump's deliberate smear campaign.

Edited

Save    
HU-885118952

Why isn't Tom Perez commanding the media narrative this morning?

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

If you watched the caucuses, you would have noticed that Bernie and Warren had the votes. Pete had a few, Biden and Amy were pretty much empty seats.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Ann, if Joe comes in last or far behind the leader, I wonder if he'll continue ,and what will fill the vacuum.

Pelosi must be sucking extra hard on her dentures this morning.

10 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- can you see this chapter in the history books lol lol

9 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

There was SO much focus on Iowa because the Democrat race was so flat for so long. They needed something to spark and build a narrative around and I'm certain THIS utter cluster wasn't it.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Good morning, America.

"Chapter I

Mr. Jones, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut the pop-holes. With the ring of light from his lantern dancing from side to side, he lurched across the yard, kicked off his boots at the back door, drew himself a last glass of beer from the barrel in the scullery, and made his way up to bed, where Mrs. Jones was already snoring.

As soon as the light in the bedroom went out there was a stirring and a fluttering all through the farm buildings. Word had gone round during the day that old Major, the prize Middle White boar, had had a strange dream on the previous night and wished to communicate it to the other animals. It had been agreed that they should all meet in the big barn as soon as Mr. Jones was safely out of the way. Old Major (so he was always called, though the name under which he had been exhibited was Willingdon Beauty) was so highly regarded on the farm that everyone was quite ready to lose an hour's sleep in order to hear what he had to say."

Hay

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

WOW.

What's that term, SMH? :)

Democrats are the MOST INCOMPETENT know it alls!

Democrats FAILED to produce an impeachment with proper committees, proper votes, without proper subpoenas and witnesses, denied due process to the accused, and failed to prove a case of high crimes and misdemeanors, and now whine about the outcome of their failures.

Democrats FAILED to get the Obamacare website going and functioning after spending 5 BILLION taxpayer dollars--and it was ALL democrats that passed that fabulous legislation and broke promises to so many, including access.

A year of campaigning and millions spent by media and others and the democrats FAILED to even figure out how to count the votes, allowing all candidates to declare a win just because they said so and moved to New Hampshire in a flash.

And Democrats have the AUDACITY to want to take over major segments of our economy and tell us how to live our lives?

Take over health care?

Take over energy?

Take over education?

What hubris, from an incompetent and arrogant political party.

Who in their right mind would trust such a clown car of democrats with any part of their lives?

SLOW CLAP Nancy and Party!

11 Likes Save    
Ann

"No doubt in part due to Trump's deliberate smear campaign."

There was an attempted smear campaign, for sure. It just didn't happen to be Trump's. But, I very correctly predicted a major backfire on this impeachment fiasco long ago, and I think we just might be getting a good look at part of those backfire results here.

8 Likes Save    
Ann

"Ann, if Joe comes in last or far behind the leader, I wonder if he'll continue ,and what will fill the vacuum.

Pelosi must be sucking extra hard on her dentures this morning."

Well, hosts on both left and right media are sure thinking it will be Bloomberg who fills the vacuum.

6 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I imagine some pretty fancy boxes are being made as we speak ;)

6 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Modern High Tech, wonderful stuff huh? Just a taste of crashes yet to come in every aspect of our high tech lives.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Margo, your history book comment - EXACTLY!

7 Likes Save    
Ann

Just think of the DNC today. The scrambling and conversations would be SO much fun to observe. This is already far surpassing my expectations for an interesting primary season and we don't even have the first results yet (and some of us might be wondering if we ever will get this set of results).

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

The results won't really matter anymore as far as momentum goes, I don't think.

I think Klobachar wins this round for taking the lead and holding a victory speech first. That should count for something;)

5 Likes Save    
Del Phinium

Stephanie Ruhle, on MSDNC, just said that President Trump is "laughing all the way to the bank" about this caucus fiasco

LOL

7 Likes Save    
chipotle

---- happens. Good to see it was a diversion for the Trump supporters.

1 Like Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

31,398 to 0. Recorded Trump votes vs Democrat votes currently tallied. If the Republicans can report their votes, why can't the Democrats?

DHS offered to hack test and crash test the new programs for the Dems, but they refused the offer.

7 Likes Save    
lurker111

DHS offered to hack test and crash test the new programs for the Dems, but they refused the offer.

Unacceptable.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

---- happens. Good to see it was a diversion for the Trump supporters.

LOL- the Dem debacles that keep on giving;))

7 Likes Save    
Ann

Karma at work, I think.

4 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Obama Trend.

Hay

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Whoa, nice opening jump in the stock market today. Well, recognizing my goal of buying at Dow 24,000 was becoming a very distant memory, I did use Friday's drop as a day to do some buying just before Friday's close, my first "add" since last summer.

7 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

The DNC doesn’t let anyone touch their IT

6 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Everybody IN. Nobody OUT.

The "Intellectuals" behind Bernie and Elizabeth's healthcare "Plan"

Coming soon to a town near you.

Hay

Save    
Toby

It's time for Iowa to come into the 21st century and switch to primaries. I was surprised to read that only 30% of voters traditionally attend the Iowa caucuses. It's pitiful that so few voters can make or break the candidates. They thought technology would be the answer to making the caucus more accurately reflect the population of Iowan voters. I'm not sure what went wrong but it seems some precincts weren't able to report their votes and we don't know yet why that happened.

Save    
haydayhayday

Hay

7 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Hay

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Hayday, I'm so glad you introduced me to predictit. I love following it now. It's fascinating to watch it change, and so quickly. The polls move in super slow motion in comparison.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Bloomberg. one on one against Trump. is likely to beat Trump.

Anyone want the bet?

Hay

Save    
Chi

"Who in their right mind would trust such a clown car of democrats with any part of their lives?"

Don't worry, millions upon millions will be voting for whichever Dem goes against Trump!

Save    
chipotle

No clue, but that's good news. That thread turned far too ugly, right from the start. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and think "wow" when you read some threads.

Actually, it was disappointing to see some of the positive comments mischaracterized.

Save    
Del Phinium

Chi

"Don't worry..."

LOL It's ok, we won't! :)

"...millions upon millions will be voting for whichever Dem goes against Trump!"

There's a rumor going around that, somehow, you can get 3M more votes than someone else, and still not end up as President. I think Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife might know something about how that stuff works, lol

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Bloomberg. one on one against Trump. is likely to beat Trump.

Anyone want the bet?

Like taking candy from a baby.

2 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

Lol, Del!- just got it

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Attention DNC...

We watched the caucuses and saw the empty seats. We watched as the ones who didn't qualify moved to the undecided...That was the Joe and Amy supporters.

7 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I'm reading the same new company (Shadow) that developed the app for the Iowa caucus is also responsible for the app that will be used in the upcoming Nevada caucus. Nevada's gotta be scrambling today, to start testing.

Lots of scrutiny on that company now, and the fact that the app was designed by people who worked on the Clinton campaign.

7 Likes Save    
Del Phinium

"...the app was designed by people who worked on the Clinton campaign."

I am SHOCKED! Shocked, I tell you! LOL

8 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Really this is poetic justice. The DNC blows up their own game lol lol. Now only the "Shadow Knows". ;))

8 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

They should have allowed DHS to stress test the system and Nevada better wake up quick

6 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Meanwhile in the Capitalist Camp.

God Bless Capitalism.

Hay

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

ROTF! Maybe they used bleach!

2 Likes Save    
Chi

I am sure the Dem candidates are heartbroken that they lost the votes of the gleeful Trump supporters!

No one else seems to care much and I suspect this will be long forgotten by election time.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

No one else seems to care much (about electoral integrity) and I suspect this will be long forgotten by election time.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

They isn't a chance in Hades I would hand over a DNC voter ANYHTING to Trump's DHS !

However, there are lots of other alternatives. Sloppy development, validation testing, acceptance testing and deployment. Someone(s) needs to be fired

Save    
HU-885118952

The winner is....a glass of water.

1 Like Save    
Chi

That's ok, looks like some of the comments have been removed so we will see how funny the mods think it is.

1 Like Save    
haydayhayday

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/us/politics/what-happened-iowa-caucuses.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

"A Systemwide Disaster’: How the Iowa Caucuses Melted Down

Unexplained “inconsistencies” in results, heated conference calls and firm denials of hacking left the contest in a strange state of almost suspended animation.

DES MOINES — Sean Bagniewski had seen the problems coming.

It wasn’t so much that the new app that the Iowa Democratic Party had planned to use to report its caucus results didn’t work. It was that people were struggling to even log in or download it in the first place. After all, there had never been any app-specific training for this many precinct chairs.

So last Thursday Mr. Bagniewski, the chairman of the Democratic Party in Polk County, Iowa’s most populous, decided to scrap the app entirely, instructing his precinct chairs to simply call in the caucus results as they had always done.

The only problem was, when the time came during Monday’s caucuses, those precinct chairs could not connect with party leaders via phone. Mr. Bagniewski instructed his executive director to take pictures of the results with her smartphone and drive over to the Iowa Democratic Party headquarters to deliver them in person. She was turned away without explanation, he said.

“I don’t even know if they know what they don’t know,” Mr. Bagniewski said of the state party shortly before 2 a.m. on Tuesday."

Hay

Save    
catkinZ8a

IDP: The app malfunctioned--LOLOLOL!

Hey Butti-Niemira--Mook--Crooked Hillary--what say you?

Save    
haydayhayday

I heard last night that healthcare is almost 20% of our economy.

And these folks want it all. Bernie and Elizabeth's advisors.

Hay

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Spare us the deflection from the topic.

Nevada said they will not be using this app and are signalling there's no chance of a repeat.

We'll see.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

OMG, I slept a full night and wake up to the fiasco still going on.

welcome to the feeling that most people who oppose Trump have.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

I also was shocked to wake up and find there was no result!

Watching CNN, they are struggling to explain how bad this is.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Chi

I am sure the Dem candidates are heartbroken that they lost the votes of the gleeful Trump supporters!

No one else seems to care much and I suspect this will be long forgotten by election time.

What color is the sky in your world?

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

"yet we’re the haters.

Today, I'm the laugher. No hate from me.

I'm not even fond of Trump, but I do appreciate a good comedy show.

Hay

6 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Left, right, kitchen, heat--it can all be so confusing!

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Did anyone expect to wake up and not have Trump as President? Really?

Hate to break it to ya...tomorrow morning..spoiler alert...Trump will still be President and the next day and the next.

5 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

The WAS a really, really big deal to the Democrats. Can't deny it.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

queenmargo

Oh, this is nothing like what took place 3 years ago. If only we had the threads to prove the mean spirited one side poster attacks from ago.

Any in particular come to mind?

Save    
Chi

"The WAS a really, really big deal to the Democrats. Can't deny it."

Well, I can deny it. I'm a registered Democrat and this wasn't really a big deal to me. Not sure why the Trump supporters are so happy.

Save    
lurker111

We care. We want the rightful winner to get his chance against Trump.

3 Likes Save    
Save    
elvis

Nana H

If nothing else this fiasco should put an end to caucuses. How unfair to the candidates and to the volunteers who devote so many hours to the process.

Told you so. Chaos and anarchy.

elvis

I was a delegate for Jesse Jackson, then Gary Hart, back in the last year that Wisconsin had the caucus system. It's a very bad way to run a "primary". Chaos/anarchy.

1 Like Save 18 hours ago

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Good one, queen!

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Democratic Party
@DNC

For three years, we’ve been preparing for the process that officially kicks off tonight in Iowa: the Democratic presidential primary. Today our chair, @TomPerez
, reflects on the reforms we’ve made to make this the most transparent primary in our history:

How We Prepared for 2020
Tonight, our party’s presidential nominating process officially kicks off in Iowa. Today, I’m reflecting on the three years we’ve spent…

Save    
HU-885118952

Has anyone seen Tom Perez?

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

OUCH!!! lol

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Last I heard he was crying in a restroom at a greasy spoon diner somewhere in Iowa!

All the candidates love his incompetency, though because they claimed victory and live to ride the Clown Car another week!

Maybe someone will let him bus tables if can manage to get out.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

His last twitter message 18 hours ago.

"I’m exceptionally proud of the reforms the

@DNC has made to fulfill our promise to our voters and rebuild their trust in our party. These changes are all about the future. They’re about growing our party, uniting our party, and earning the trust of committed Democrats like you."

Hay

5 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Chi:

"No one else seems to care much and I suspect this will be long forgotten by election time."

I agree 100% that the people who support these candidates will indeed forget this entire fiasco in the wink of an eye.

They never learn.

Hay

6 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

"earning the trust of committed Democrats like you"

Every time I glance at that comment I get an image in my mind from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Hay

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Is Rubio expecting Russia or China hacking? We know Florida was previously tampered with.

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

In: 62 %

Save    
haydayhayday

After Midnight.

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

After midnight.

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

Hay

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Flowers 9 Deer-Resistant Flowering Shrubs to Plant This Fall
These exquisite shrubs will attract your attention but won’t tempt the deer that roam your neighborhood at night
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: Detached Garage Turned Teen Cave
New room serves up Ping-Pong, disc golf and board games, and hosts movie nights and sleepovers
Full Story
Bathroom Design Straight Flush: The Future of Toilets in the Home
Night lights, seat warmers and temperature-controlled bidets are here — and that’s just the beginning
Full Story