He can afford really good ad writers.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333 (zone 7a)

How dare he tell the truth? Love it!

Save    
margaritadina

Where is his ''stop and frisk''? ANTIFA attacks? ''Get in their faces anywhere you see them''? Infanticide proposal by Blackface and his revoking of the Constitutional rights? Lies about Covington boys? Children killed by Obama, not to mention caged by him?

Save    
ubro(2a)

Obama is gone get over it.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Obama is gone get over it.

We know! Thank God.

Trump won get over it!

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Pretty sure everyone knows Mr. Trump won the election and has gotten over it.

It's what he's doing that is the problem. He is fulfilling the wishes of USA oligarchs, big polluters and robber barons, along with those of Russia's leader and his oligarch chums.

It's the very definition of gov't corruption - funneling taxpayer dollars, along with the income of average Americans, into the pockets and bank accounts of elected officials and the folks who bribe them.

Almost forgot the granting the wish list of white nationalists, and deliberately endangering people's lives...

9 Likes Save    
margaritadina

''

ubro(2a)

Obama is gone get over it. ''

I know and I am happy about it. What I am not happy is the damage he managed to do in 8 short years.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I've seen several of Bloomberg's anti-Trump ads. All very well done with not much more needed than a good editor to string together real-life images that speak louder than actual words can--unless they are Trump's actual words promising even more of the same in the future!

Kate

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Guess I'm alone in thinking this ad is not very effective.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I love the #DumpTrump.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I do like the #DumpTrump part, though! ;)

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I love the DumpTrump but too. The rest was preaching to the choir and nothing about why a Bloomberg is the person for the job.

Save    
queenmargo

Well, I laughed. Especially at the end.

Save    
mudhouse

He can afford really good ad writers.

I'm sure Bloomberg can afford good writers, but he's not hiring the ones that do good research. If you stop the above Bloomberg ad at 13 seconds, and you get this scene:

Which is taken from the center of one of the AP photographs taken as a series in June 2014 by Ross Franklin, of the Nogales Processing Center.

The original caption that went with the photos is below, and the link below shows a use where it's correctly dated and credited:

“Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children are being processed and held at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Nogales Placement Center in Nogales, Ariz. in this June 18, 2014, (Photo: Ross D. Franklin/AP)

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/021115_aclu_suit/aclu-sues-border-patrol-records-covering-alleged-abuse-migrant-children/

These 2014 photos of the Nogales Center have been used over and over again by the left, and later pulled when people point out the real source. It was used by Democrats from the House Oversight Committee in a tweet in July of last year, to document the “inhumane treatment at the border.” (They deleted the tweet.)

Of course, Donald Trump wasn't president in June of 2014. But that doesn't matter; no need to stop using such an effective image. Over and over and over and over...

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

mudhouse, they'll ignore the fact that Obama built those cages and the fevered attacks were spawned by an Obama lacky tweeting out photos of kids in cages...when Obama was in office.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

It's all about the narrative, HU88. And this from the people who insist that facts matter. Obviously visual emotional appeal matters a lot more to them than accuracy or reality, or they wouldn't keep using these 2014 photos.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The video of the Nazis is from a rally to support Trump -- Unite the Right -- that took place in Charlottesville.

Save    
mudhouse

Nancy: The video of the Nazis is from a rally to support Trump -- Unite the Right -- that took place in Charlottesville.

Another falsehood. The "Unite the Right" rally was not a rally to support Trump.

It was organized by Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer, to promote their hateful ideologies, and to protest the removal of Confederate statues.

*********************************************************************************************

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

mudhouse, they just like to say that. Anything to add a negative to Trump.

2 Likes Save    
zmith

Of course, because everyone agrees there were “very fine people, on both sides” at that deadly rally.

/sarc

2 Likes Save    
Toby

He didn't mean those very fine people, zmith. He meant those two waaaaay in the back who just happened to be passing by when the rest were chanting "Jews will not replace us."

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Our work is never done, queenmargo. ;-)

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Because they cling to the hoax funnel.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

We got the Swamp in the White House.

Save    
margaritadina

....cleaned out effectively

Save    
how2girl

...then restocked with bottom feeders.

2 Likes Save    
althea_gw

I don't watch Bloomberg ads because of principles.

Save    
mudhouse

You didn't miss much with this one.

Save    
Kathy

Trump talks about illegal immigrants being criminals. He is exploiting them with a lie. He has had more criminals in his campaign and Whitehouse. Not to mention he employs them when he wants cheap labor. He is such a charletain and yet his groupies idolize him. It makes me very sad to see so many duped by his snake oil. I had higher hopes for Americans. They fall for his rhetoric and never think of how he is playing to their fears.

Save    
Del Phinium

"Trump talks about illegal immigrants being criminals."

Well, yeah, Kathy. If they came here illegally... they're criminals, by definition.

Save    
zmith

Technically, yes, Del Phinium. But are they equally dangerous to the country? Are 1,000 illegal immigrants as dangerous and a gang of rapists or murders?

Save    
Del Phinium

"But are they equally dangerous to the country? Are 1,000 illegal immigrants as dangerous and a gang of rapists or murders?"

You know, as well as I do, that there's no way to know that without thorough vetting. All the more reason to crack down on illegal immigration.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Are 1,000 illegal immigrants as dangerous and a gang of rapists or murders?

only the ones that ARE rapists and murderers.

Save    
Kathy

If Trump employed them for years before he decided he was going to demonize them that’s okay? Why not reform our immigration system instead of demonizing labor farmers need and contribute to our economy? Trump has used hate and fear to control his base. They hear a few words he chooses to corral them and they lock not them, all he while ignoring a Trump using those words to control them. He is a master marketer for himself. Believe me, he doesn’t care about anyone else.

Does it matter that so many of Trumps cohorts are criminals? Or is that okay because they are white collar criminals? Everyone around Trump he has selected are stealing Americans funds. Wake up.

Save    
queenmargo

Why do the left gloss over the FACT that some of those illegals are rapists and murderers? Why?

Save    
zmith

Margo, I wasn't implying that the rapists and murders were of the 1,000 illegal immigrants in my example. That's all on you.

Save    

Speaking of change that Trump has brought to the country, we see the outlines of the Democratic 2020 election campaign in the following:

Save    
queenmargo

zmith

Margo, I wasn't implying that the rapists and murders were of the 1,000 illegal immigrants in my example. That's all on you.

Z- I know you weren't. I was. You are ignoring that of those 1,000 illegals that some ARE rapists and murderers.

Save    
Kathy

If you read the facts there are few illegal immigrants who are criminals. Most likely they mow your lawns and build your roads. They are employed by industries because they are willing to work for less. We need Immigration reform, not demonization of immigrants. Trump always rolls in the gutter and hits below the belt and he is cheered on because he looks like he is winning. That will never make up for what we as Americans have lost in stature.

Save    
queenmargo

OK Kathy- go tell that to the families who have lost their loved ones to the hands of illegals.

Save    
queenmargo

If you had a child raped and killed by an illegal, I wonder if you would be still touting the same rights for illegals as citizens???

Save    
Del Phinium

Ever single illegal immigrant is a criminal, by definition, Kathy. Sorry, not sorry. Not my problem if that's a tough pill to swallow for some.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Melania lied to get entrance into US. She is a criminal by definition.

Save    

...and how would you appreciate the president of the United States inviting you to watch him publicly remind you of the horrible details, then making you stand up so everybody could see your personal anguish on display?

Save    
Kathy

The reality show President.

Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

that is so much cheap fear mongering

lots of statistics show:

in most cases abuse comes from within the family, someone they know

but that would not make so thrilling headlines, would it...

Save    

Another falsehood. The "Unite the Right" rally was not a rally to support Trump.

It most certainly was. Trump gave them legitimacy, and their intent was to turn out in mass to show their support.

I take it that you did not see the video with the Vice reporter who was with the group in Charlottesville.

Save    
queenmargo

...and how would you appreciate the president of the United States inviting you to watch him publicly remind you of the horrible details, then making you stand up so everybody could see your personal anguish on display?

They could decline. They do not want their family member to be forgotten. They want their story to be told, the truth., not swept under the rug. They do not want their family member killed by an illegal and then see illegals get free healthcare. Can you not understand that?

Save    
Kathy

Trump giving the Medal of Freedom to one of the biggest racists and bigots makes such a mockery of the medal.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I’d rather pay for a human suffering than i would pay over 300 M for Trump golfing. Priorities matter.

1 Like Save    
Del Phinium

So. Much. Virtue. Signaling.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

no.kidding. l.o.l.

1 Like Save    
Toby

They do not want their family member killed by an illegal and then see
illegals get free healthcare. Can you not understand that?

I don't see the correlation. If my loved one was killed by an illegal criminal, I should not want a Dreamer to get free health care? To me that epitomizes bigotry because you've put them all in the same basket. You want the entire group to suffer for the actions of one.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump is destroying our Democracy and all they can see is Nancy ripping up his lies.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

I don't see the correlation. If my loved one was killed by an illegal criminal, I should not want a Dreamer to get free health care? To me that epitomizes bigotry because you've put them all in the same basket. You want the entire group to suffer for the actions of one.

There are far more than one.

Save    
Toby

Okay, a hundred. That's not the point.

Save    
zmith

Queenmargo Z- I know you weren't. I was. You are ignoring that of those 1,000 illegals that some ARE rapists and murderers.

And you know this, how? If the statistics are available, I'd like to take a look. Do you have a source to share? Thanks.

Save    
queenmargo

SMH

Save    

So punish an entire group of people as retribution for a small minority of criminals?

Why not simply punish the criminals? Does our legal system punish the entire family of a murderer if they were not involved in the crime?

Broad brush stereotype thinking is continually exhibited by our rightward marching comrades

1 Like Save    
maddie260

Let them talk on and on and on about Pelosi ripping the SOTU lies. It keeps them busy.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Most Popular Stop the Toy Takeover by Changing the Way You Think
Make over your approach and get gift givers onboard with your decluttering efforts by providing meaningful toy alternatives
Full Story
Feel-Good Home How to Recharge Your Soul During the Change of Seasons
Sit down, breathe deeply and spend a little extra time making your home a place of calming comfort
Full Story