SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwmom

Window covering dilemma - home office edition

edwmom
4 years ago

HI there,

I'm working from home much more often now and my home office needs a facelift. Right now it's very depressing/distracting to work in there because it's a place that's accumulated a lot of junk. I'm dejunking the room - relocating an exercise bike and a big pile of kid-related junk - and I took down an ugly outdated window covering that didn't quite fit the window correctly.

My problem is I want to keep the room looking adult and transitional and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to do for a window covering for the room's single window. Colors in the room are purple, cream and white.

I've been looking at faux roman shades online - which I like because they look more modern and I can mount it higher than the window to make the window & ceiling seem taller and keep letting in a lot of light (since there's only 1 window in the room), but I can't seem to figure out what would work well without looking like a little girls room.

The walls are cream with white wood trim, dark hardwood floors.

My desk will stay - it's white with chrome legs, like this:

The dark purple desk chair will stay - this is it, in the room with the desk:

I bought this new rug for the room (the old one has a million pulls in it and the pattern is dizzying):

Help - I'm stuck.

I was looking at something like this in (eggplant with white trim - if I can find someone on Etsy who has eggplant fabric):

Or this (in white with eggplant ribbon or eggplant with white trim if I can find someone on Etsy who has that color fabric):

Unfortunately my color palette doesn't give me a lot of great options. I'm open to other ideas/options if you have them.

Please help! Thank you!!! :)

Comments (4)