No Thread About Jared's Failed Peace Plan?

numbersjunkie

I was surprised not to find one, or maybe I missed it. But I just spotted this and wanted to share.

From Newsweek:

JARED KUSHNER FAILED TO DISCLOSE HE LED A FOUNDATION FUNDING ILLEGAL ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS BEFORE U.N. VOTE

Excerpt form the story:

The latest development follows reports on Friday indicating the White House senior adviser attempted to sway a United Nations Security Council vote against an anti-settlement resolution passed just before Donald Trump took office, which condemned the structure of West Bank settlements. The failure to disclose his role in the foundation—at a time when he was being tasked with serving as the president's Middle East peace envoy—follows a pattern of egregious omissions that would bar any other official from continuing to serve in the West Wing, experts and officials told Newsweek.

Full Story

SaveComment21Like2
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Kushner's agenda has been transparent from Day One- he has hardly made a secret of it. His ethics are every bit as stellar as those of his farther and father in law's. He is dim witted, corrupt and bent on the annihilation of a Palestinians.

PS He tells us he's read 25 books on the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, so he's an expert.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by numbersjunkie
Izzy Mn(4)

I saw this interview with Amanpour. It has some cringe worthy moments along with not really answering some questions. He is pretty disingenuous about peace imo.

https://youtu.be/oO9BP6KGHeA

Agree Zalco. I also doubt Jared would have been bailed out of the 666 building, if he were not Trump's SIL, by Saudis. Also doubt Ivanka would have received all the China (21) trademarks (sausage casing, voting machines )if daddy were not president.

Can't stand Jared. He is a creepy slime eel.

https://www.thoughtco.com/hagfish-slime-4164617

A jawless preditary bottom feeder that produces large amounts of slime.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by numbersjunkie
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The Daily Show was joking about how Jared claimed the new agreement respects Palestine, and then was insulting in practically the next sentence.

The nut never falls far from the tree, seemingly. His father is a crook, and so is his father in law. The only difference is the senior Kushner served time for his crime.

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

How much does Jared get paid?

Save    
Anna

Ivanka married her dad. Slenderman is as corrupt and ignorant as his Fil

2 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Jared's "plan" isn't in the news because it was supposed to be a distraction from the impeachment hearings but was recognised quickly for being just that, worst than a nothing burger, just a new Impossible Burger.

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Jared and Ivanka do not receive a salary for working at the White House as advisors to the president.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/ivanka-trump-made-almost-4-million-trump-washington-hotel-last-n1017801

(Older article with no paywall)

Save    
chipotle

Like daddy. They're only doing it out of the goodness in their hearts.

Not quite.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner made up to $135 million in 2018 while working for free.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

All those trademarks and loans must be worth a pretty penny.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

Working for nothing, just as Rudy is. I guess you get what you pay for. But Rudy and the kids are getting big bucks from foreign sources....

5 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

Just because some can't imagine someone else working pro bono, doesn't mean those with ability to don't. Heck, even I worked pro bono for a year.

Save    
chipotle

Loon, if you believe that -- oh well.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Don't fool yourself, Trump, Inc. is siphoning off millions of taxpayer dollars.

4 Likes Save    
Del Phinium

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

"Don't fool yourself, Trump, Inc. is siphoning off millions of taxpayer dollars."

Impeach him and remove him from Office. I'm sure there's "overwhelming evidence" too. Seems like a simple enough task.

Save    
Cookie8

I don't see it ("peace plan") as anything. It is nothing. Just a pacifier for Netanyahu. LOL, Netanyahu said it was to make Israel completely independent...hahaha. Sure - they aren't giving up US funding - "being sovereign to defend itself by itself" - lies (per Netanyahu's speech).

1 Like Save    
batyabeth

people here are laughing at the hubris, disconnection from reality, and pure simple mindedness of this so-called "plan of the century". It's a joke. It's not a plan between Israel and the Palestinians, it's a deal between Israel and the US, and it's thoroughly and completely for political distraction from Daddy in law's domestic issues. Unfortunately, it's got nothing to do with peace, or even lack of war here on the ground. It's one hundred percent to lock up the evangelical vote in the US, and of course to throw a sop to the far right wing, blind, vicious fundamentalist backstabbing settler movement, which wunderkind absolutely supports. The idea that in any other administration this kind of idiot would be given the reigns for this issue would be not only ludicrous but correctly outed as exactly what it is: mutant toddlers playing with matches with absolutely no realpolitik or military or State Dept. approval. No history, no in depth knowledge, and no real concern for people. It's unworkable, unrealistic and unbelievably stupid. Kinda like...........um, I dunno............FIL's other great perfect best deals?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by numbersjunkie
Toby

I doubt many Trump supporters are even paying attention. There was a letter to the editor in my local paper from an 80 year old who used all the Fox talking points to praise the plan. If there's any issue where you don't want to rely on just one biased news source, it's this one.

Over the weekend, the 22-nation Arab League unanimously rejected it, despite Kushner’s assurances that numerous Arab states were on board. The 57-nation Organization of Islamic Cooperation followed suit on Monday.

The plan, enthusiastically embraced by most Israelis, would deny the Palestinians an independent state and lead to a single “apartheid” system in which the Palestinians living in the West Bank are second-class citizens, said Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit, who is Egyptian.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-02-03/kushner-trump-middle-east-plan-palestinians

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Over the weekend, the 22-nation Arab League unanimously rejected it, despite Kushner’s assurances that numerous Arab states were on board.

What? Team trump spreading fake news? Say it ain't so! Who wants to go first?

Save    
batyabeth

" enthusiastically embraced by most Israelis"

no, actually. Maybe the ones interviewed in (certain) papers, but no one that I talk to thinks it's anything but dangerous folderol. Remember, we have pundits and editorials and pollsters with agendas, too. That's like saying "most" Americans support Trump. Depends who is doing the counting and depends on what their agenda is. It certainly jibes with the WH to report that "most" Israelis support the plan, but it ain't true.

Save    
Toby

What does polling on this issue in your country show, batyabeth?

Save    
batyabeth

honestly Toby I don't read the papers much just the headlines when I get a moment at work, and I get my opinion mainly from speaking with the very large staff where I teach. But certain newspapers are pro bibi, certain ones are very against, certain ones are all about the settlers' wishes, etc. I myself, when I read papers, read Ha'Aretz, but I'm biased like everyone else. In general, we are no different than anywhere else, with lots of people supporting hard line hawkish policies, a smaller slice supporting saner thinking (see where my sympathies lie?) and a huge percentage deciding that nothing they do will change the status quo of constant war, so it must be the other guy's fault, and "losing" is not an option. (Even an argument!) It behooves the US press to report one set of facts, it behooves the Israeli press to do the same. Go figure.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Materials What to Know About Installing a Stone Patio
Planning to add a stone patio to your landscape next year? Here’s what to consider before getting started
Full Story
Bathroom Workbook Convert Your Tub Space to a Shower — the Planning Phase
By JW
Step 1 in swapping your tub for a sleek new shower: Get all the remodel details down on paper
Full Story
Universal Design 5 Things to Think About Before Adding an In-Law Suite
Multigenerational households are on the rise, but there’s a lot to consider when dreaming up a new space for mom or dad
Full Story