SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avalonrose1234

Need Cheap Carpeting for Bonus Room

avalonrose1234
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Ugh! This is such a dilemma...I hope someone can help me. I have a pretty large bonus room above our garage that connects to our upstairs hallway. Every other room in our house is hardwoods, except this room. It's just a big catchall room. It's heavily trafficked and it's where our whole family congregates to watch TV/movies as we keep our largest TV in there. It's also an office space and has a drum set in it. No one but family ever sees it but it needs new flooring. I had wanted hardwoods in there or at least LVT hardwoods in there, BUT the problem is that because this room connects to a hardwood hallway and also the hardwood stairs, if we were to rip up our carpet to put a hard surface floor people could trip on the thresholds....not up to codes. Most companies said they wouldn't even put a riser on the thresholds because it would be so unsightly. So our only option for LVT would be to put a new subfloor underneatht the tiles that would bring it up to codes. Total cost for new subfloor plus LVT would be $7000. It's a total junk room so that's not feasible for us. What I need is a really cheap, industrial grade carpet like people would use in a basement. Does any such thing exist for about $1.50 a square foot? I had found a really great carpet but they quoted me $3,000 for this 650 foot room. Again, I don't want to spend that much for a room where we have a drum kit, air hockey table, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comment (1)