This is getting weird...

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Is it a glitch?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/right-richter-qanon-investigates-mr-peanuts-demise

Tried posting the text of this this earlier - twice, and it disappeared into who knows where...

SaveComment19Like
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Text of the article I couldn't seem to post earlier - twice:

Wanted to share this - for anyone who cares to be informed, a couple of fascinating news items from the murky depths of the extreme right's bubble, via The Daily Beast:

This week:

• Mr. Peanut’s mystery death sets QAnon world alight
  • Jack Burkman tricks his fans into looking at g*y p*rn

QAnon Mr. Peanut: Planters killed off fancy peanut Mr. Peanut last week, ahead of a Super Bowl ad campaign.

While the announcement was met by most of the world with confusion or bemusement, believers in the QAnon conspiracy theory suggested something darker: that Mr. Peanut’s death was a signal from the pedophile-cannibal “deep state.” Just what that signal was, though, is a subject of hot debate.

To catch up: All is not well in QAnon-world, where QAnon promoters are telling their fans to drink bleach to ward off the new coronavirus. Two people are on trial for QAnon-related murders, including the alleged killer of a Gambino crime boss.

Much of the speculation relied on the idea that Mr. Peanut’s demise signaled that Kobe Bryant would die in a helicopter crash, or that the “peanut” thing meant that former President Jimmy Carter would soon be arrested by Donald Trump.

“Why did Planters leak their superbowl commercial early a few days ago and announce they were killing off Mr. Peanut?” asked major QAnon promoter Jordan Sather. “Was that a message?”

“There are too many Kobe/Peanut/Death connections to shrug this off,” noted QAnon figure “Carrie4Truth,” whose police officer husband once made headlines after guarding Vice President Mike Pence while wearing a QAnon patch.

All of this would be pointless internet nonsense, if the president wasn’t inviting representatives of this same lunatic conspiracy theory to the White House and retweeting them dozens of times.

Conservative activist tricks fans into looking at l*wd pics: Hapless conservative operative Jack Burkman headed to Capitol Hill on Wednesday, promising to release compromising pictures of Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) outside the Senate chamber during the impeachment trial.

The Schiff pictures, which Burkman promised would be incredibly incriminating, would only be available for five minutes.

Trump fans flooded into Burkman’s Twitter account, bringing him more than 7,000 followers on Wednesday. Instead, he tricked them into looking at g*y p*rn.

Burkman and his running buddy, 22-year-old blunderkind Jacob Wohl, have seen better days. Wohl is facing twofelony charges in California, and recording bizarre fan videos for $20 on Cameo. The duo torched the last remnants of their reputations last autumn in a series of bizarre weekly s*x hoax press conferences, which turned out to rely on duping unwitting accusers into thinking they were filming a Spike TV show.

All those antics have alienated just about every prominent ally Burkman and Wohl have on the right. But their promise to release incriminating pictures of Schiff revved up the grassroots conspiracy-theory base, which has developed a sort of wacko West Coast Pizzagate theory that Schiff was involved in some dirty deeds at the Standard Hotel in Los Angeles. Adherents to this idea include Robert Hyde, the Trump donor who was recently implicated in text messages about surveilling Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

Burkman’s scheme started last winter, when The Daily Beast and at least one other outlet received a mystery “dossier” on Schiff that had supposedly been discovered in a bathroom at the Trump hotel—or, as the bogus tipster who sent it in later colorfully described it to me, “next to the s***ter.” The whole scheme stank of a Wohl / Burkman operation, and included an obviously photoshopped picture of Schiff with Ed Buck, the Democratic donor facing charges over the overdose deaths of two young men in his home.

After the first attempt to get any takers willing to launder his bogus photo, Burkman then tried to pressure RedState—the conservative blog that published n*de photos of former Rep. Katie Hill (D-CA)—into publishing the pictures by tweeting that the blog had them. RedState brushed off the speculation, saying it didn’t actually have any pictures.

After having failed to launder the photos through any more respectable outlet, Burkman decided to release them himself Wednesday. When the pictures came out, though, they turned out to just be three blurry p*rn*graphic pictures—too lewd to describe here—featuring a completely unrecognizable middle-age white man engaged in various g*y s*x acts.

The images could also be easily found on a reverse Google Image search as generic p*rn pictures, meaning that Burkman had just pulled them from the internet. Burkman’s newfound fans fumed, complaining that he tricked him into looking at blurry p*rn. Many of them claimed that Burkman was himself a “deep state” asset intent on muddying the waters on Schiff’s behalf.

If you didn't know, now you know...

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Mr. Peanut is dead? Oh no.

1 Like Save    
paprikash

8 Likes Save    
Kathy

https://youtu.be/NR7tjj5rX00

Mr Peanuts demise.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

My children would not get that cartoon. Those brands don't exist for them.

Save    
chipotle

Maybe they do and you just don't realize it.

2 Likes Save    

I removed the hyperlinks from that text above because I thought that would allow it to be posted. The linked article at the top has them - this one is cray:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-conspiracy-theorists-magic-cure-for-coronavirus-is-drinking-lethal-bleach?ref=author

1 Like Save    
elvis

That link may be a problem, as it contains profanity.

Save    

???

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It’s fine.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I surveyed my kiddos. Three out of four had no idea what Jif peanut butter was, so the joke was lost on them. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's do not carry it. Mr. Peanut has been in the news, so obviously they knew him.

PS The other thing that makes it so that lots of young people may not know the national brands we grew up with is TV advertising. My children don't watch TV. It's not that they don't watch stupid entertainment that will rot their brains, but they don't watch it on network TV with ads. And the few times they are watching network TV, they absolutely do not watch the ads. I do watch them and my children find it appalling. So my children have no way of knowing, Choosy moms choose Jif.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Weird thread.

To add to what seems to be a stream of irrelevant thoughts, I wonder if my kids would know what “back in a jif” means. Do people still say that?

Save    
foodonastump

Daughter’s awake. She knows the expression but didn’t think of the peanut butter.

If I say Jif, what do you think of? A moving picture on the computer. A giffy.

Anything else? Something in the kitchen? Sounds familiar, is it a kitchen tool?

If I say “back in a jif,” what does that mean? Back in a second.

What’s Trader Joe’s? A restaurant? Or some kind of food place?

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Trader Joe's is a small scale grocery store, like Tom Leonard's........say what?

Save    
lurker111

I can't believe that there is one American kid who doesn't know what Jif peanut butter is.

Save    
steve2416

I don't know if they know anything about Jif but my kids and grandkids have been coming to me for years for all their bread and peanut butter needs - homemade.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Turns out Mr. Peanut is not dead after all. I heard something about there being a baby peanut now.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

The Mr. Peanut thing was one of the most inexplicable ads of the Super Bowl imo.

me: “hey when I say Jif what do you guys think of?”

13 year old: “it’s a GIF (g like in girl) and it’s those moving picture thingies.”

10 year old: “wait what do you guys mean what are you talking about what? What? What? Hey mom, what?”

1 Like Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I was treated to a treatise on why I sounded pretentious saying a Jif instead of gif. I thought mine would know jiff as in to be quick, but apparently not.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Get a Bird's-Eye View of America's Housing Patterns
See the big picture of how suburban developments are changing the country's landscape, with aerial photos and ideas for the future
Full Story
Decorating Guides Get Your Houseguests Talking
Create a conversation magnet with something clever and unexpected
Full Story
Northeast Native Plants Get Coneflower Blooms All Summer Long
Plant these 5 native species to bring beauty to the garden — and pollen to the insects — from June through August
Full Story