SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turnby

Black door levers on interior doors painted SW Iron Ore?? (pictures)

turnby
4 years ago

We are building an open modern contemporary home. The interior doors are painted SW Iron Ore- which is a dark (but not black) color. We will have chrome plumbing fixtures and aged brass cabinet handles(in the pict. below they are silver but they have been changed to "gold") as well as pendant lighting that has aged brass accents in the kitchen. The powder room- which is right off the kitchen has aged brass cabinet handles & wall sconces, with chrome sink fixture as well.as Our builder was going to install satin nickel door levers but I am afraid that I will have too many metals going and it won't look right. The home has a 3 story staircase- the tread supports for the floating portion as well as the railing is matte black. My first thought was that I should change the handles to chrome, to match the faucets/ plumbing. But the more I think about it I'm thinking it might be best to go with matte black hardware/handles on the doors as it will relate to the black iron railing. I'm thinking I may even prefer to have hardware that "fades into the door" as I tend to like unfussy monochromatic interiors. Any thoughts? Does anyone think I should just stick with the satin nickel even though it won't match plumbing? of note- the windows will be trimmed in Iron Ore as well. The kitchen island is SW Naval.

Comments (6)