Sekulow is as crooked as Trump

Kathy

Charities steered 65M to Sekulow and family

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jay Sekulow, one of President Donald Trump’s lead attorneys during the impeachment trial, is being paid for his legal work through a rented $80-a-month mailbox a block away from the White House.

The Pennsylvania Avenue box appears to be the sole physical location of the Constitutional Litigation and Advocacy Group, a for-profit corporation co-owned by Sekulow. The firm has no website and is not listed in national legal directories. The District of Columbia Bar has no record of it, and no attorneys list it as their employer.

But Sekulow, 63, is registered as chief counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice, a non-profit Christian legal advocacy group based in an expansive Capitol Hill row house a short walk from the Senate chamber.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article239816628.html#storylink=cpy

https://apnews.com/9d2ed80ca912d18abd6650f55d2db935?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Politics

SaveComment37Like2
Comments (37)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Right on time.

4 Likes Save    
chipotle

Trump knows how to pick 'em.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Cipollone was in the room for the call said Bolton. That’s one reason Bolton had no recourse.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

The desperate pleas for stays of execution will take any form necessary. Now, the rotting head of the party, Pelosi, has declared open season on Trump's defense team.

It's Kavanaugh time for the Democrats. Expect accusations and salacious stories about them to fly right about now.

I'm sure staff are scouring high school yearbooks as I write.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

I wonder if a mistrial might be coming.

5 Likes Save    
maddie260

Time for Dems to play the game as far as I’m concerned. Rs have been playing dirty for years.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Dems will never get it in their head playing nice and fair doesn’t work. It aggravates me but at the same time we can’t stoop to their level.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Water seeks its own level. Trump is corrupt and so is everyone around him. Corrupt is what Trump knows/does best.

6 Likes Save    
Anna

What a greasy slime ball he is. I clicked off the TV when he was on.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

"I wonder if a mistrial might be coming."

Regarding Bolton's claim that Sekulow was in on the "drug deal" this case should now be tossed out of court as a mistrial. But since judge Roberts is about as useful as parsley garnish on a seafood platter it won't happen in this case short of a judicial miracle.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Trump hires only the Best toadies.

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The BEST defense...?

And I have seen that item about Sekulow. You have to know these guys are all getting paid handsomely for doing such dirty work. The amount of dark money flowing from the extreme right dwarfs anything coming from the left.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

The maralago crowd is profiting and the rest of us, well, you know what happens to trickle down. Deregulation and tax cuts will profit the bureaucrats, Tax Frauds and unscrupulous corps and the working man will pay the price when we can’t drink our water, trust our food sources, or breathe the air.

Trump has surrounded himself with those who have the same motives as him. Fleecing the public and hiding the evidence.

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Anna

What a greasy slime ball he is. I clicked off the TV when he was on.

————

you must mean Nadler — I have and continue to click off the TV EVERYTIME I see that smarmy little weasel

Save    

Save    
chipotle

paprikash

you must mean Nadler — I have and continue to click off the TV EVERYTIME I see that smarmy little weasel

Well, you didn't have to click off the TV on Monday and you won't have to next week. Jerry Nadler will be with his wife as she undergoes pancreatic cancer treatment.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Oh please, Why do the left always try to shame a poster with some guilt by pointing out a misfortune of one of their party members?

Save    
queenmargo

Nadler is a chump. That does not mean his wife is, or that we wish her any ill-will.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I understand why Nadler stepped up to the podium one last time in the impeachment. I will miss his expertise for the rest of the process. I wish him and his family the best during their trying time ahead.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Send him a card Kathy, I don't think he is reading HT, do you?

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Best wishes for Nadler’s wife but that doesn’t mean I have to like him

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Cipollone, Sekulow, Giuliani, Barr -- is there any attorney involved with Trump who was not involved in the Ukraine extortion scandal?

5 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

"Oh please, Why do the left always try to shame a poster with some guilt by pointing out a misfortune of one of their party members?"

Is this a joke?

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Me thinks Republicans better start investigating all the democrats in Congress and all the potential democrat candidates as well as their attorneys — turnabout is fair play

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Get out the yearbooks. LOL

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It isn’t very comforting to realize they are the guys running our country. They would never be allowed in an actual courtroom to defend Trump since they were part of the extortion plan. First of all they were corrupt to do it, corrupt to hide it and worse to get up and defend it. Then McConnell allowed Trump to run the courtroom. Unbelievable.

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

TDS to the enth degree. Very believable

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

No, evidence from the archivist of Ukraine extortion, Lev Parnas.

Save    
chipotle

queenmargo

Oh please, Why do the left always try to shame a poster with some guilt by pointing out a misfortune of one of their party members?

Interesting that was your reaction. I was simply telling Pap why she didn't have to worry about seeing Nadler. She's the one who brought it up.

Save    

I was very impressed with all of Rep. Nadler's statements on the Senate floor. He told the truth firmly, in no uncertain terms. He is a very smart guy.

And I admire his dedication and hard work, dedicating himself to this trial while dealing with an undoubtably highly stressful time for his wife and himself. Pancreatic cancer is usually fatal.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

He will return late Monday it seems.

Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., one of the House impeachment managers leading the trial against President Donald Trump, said on Sunday that his wife was diagnosed in December with pancreatic cancer and that he will be in New York on Monday to attend to her treatment.

Save    
lurker111

He has a great band. All star cast with singers from Kansas and Head East.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

I was very impressed with all of Rep. Nadler's statements on the Senate floor. He told the truth firmly, in no uncertain terms. He is a very smart guy.

Yeah, nyuk, remember when the senate repubs clutched their pearls and almost fainted when Nadler warned them about covering up the evidence to protect trump. Well guess freaking what.

3 Likes Save    

Indeed - you can pretty much count on the integrity of folks who get insulted the most viciously by GOP & their ilk.

That's why I keep thinking of Bizarro world.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Carol, I have learned how to know what Trump is doing. Just listen what he accuses others of doing. Bizzaro is right.

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Workbook Pearls of Wisdom From a Real-Life Kitchen Remodel
What your best friend would tell you if you were embarking on a renovation and she'd been there, done that
Full Story
Most Popular Watch an Innovative Bookcase Convert Before Your Eyes
Judge the problem-solving ability of these rotating shelves for yourself, but we think it’s an open-and-shut case
Full Story
Farmhouses An 1850s Barn Gets a Family-Friendly Makeover
Game night is on — and guests can spend the night — in an attached barn redone with respect for the past
Full Story