What's with the Louisiana senators thinking they're above the law?

chipotle

Both Kennedy and Cassidy requested a specific person answer each of their questions. Chief Justice Roberts admonished Kennedy when he did it. Now Cassidy pulls the same thing.

SaveComment34Like
Comments (34)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

What's with CJ Roberts?

Is he afraid we'll find about his kid's adoption arrangements?

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Who is safe from being smeared. Conservatives have better start asking themselves that question.

7 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

The republicans will stop at nothing to win, the rule of law be damned.

6 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

What's with the Louisiana senators thinking they're above the law?

Get with the times, all repubs now think they are above the law, just like their dear leader.

9 Likes Save    
elvis

Haven't you heard? NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.

Here's the other mantra: _________ matters. Fill in the blank. I swear, I keep expecting them to go down that list of "what matters" and end up with "black lives matter". The dems need a better script writer.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

It isn't a script Elvis. I believe that Black lives actually matter. I actually think that no one is above the law. Do you think black peoples deaths don't matter? Do you really think that laws are not made to circumscribe the actions of presidents just like the rest of us? Do you really want to live in a country where black people can be killed with impunity and presidents and Senators can do as they please?

11 Likes Save    
51gerri

we're already living in that country.

2 Likes Save    
roxanna7

New Republican mantra: "NOTHING MATTERS -- except those who think like us (deliberate small 'U')."

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Well, it’s quite clear the Constitution doesn’t matter at all to Republicans or Trumpers.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Specifically, WHAT law?

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Specifically, WHAT law?

Impeachment is a political remedy, not a legal remedy.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Do you think black peoples deaths don't matter?

Black men die from gun violence by then triple and quadruple digits in our inner cities and I'll bet you couldn't name ONE of them. But I'll bet you could name the white women killed in Charlottesville.

Two years ago.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Hu-2, I don't have to know peoples NAMES to care that they have been killed for no reason. I see a pattern in our country that seriously alarms me. I want guns out of these communities but you aren't going to agree with that. I want real programs that start young and actually offer a better chance at life. It isn't easy. We have the money but we are giving it to Oil companies instead. I am very aware of innocent people in prison are overwhelmingly likely to be people of color and I donate to help fix that. Do you?

If you are betting I can name the young woman killed in Charlottesville you are going to lose your money and that isn't because I don't care that she is dead. Her person is important to her family. I care that White Supremacy killed her. That name I remember.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

If you are betting I can name the young woman killed in Charlottesville you are going to lose your money

Actually, nope. I keep my money. Thank you.

Democrats killed all those black inner city victims, btw.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

But lets get back to Roberts, a conservative's conservative. If yall are going to shred every person you disagree with meaning I guess anyone who doesn't lie, cheat and steal for Donald Trump, your base is going to shrivel up so small it will fall through the storm drain.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Trump's base will need a pretty large drain, lol!

IF you follow polls, you know Trump's base is solid as a rock.

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Oh I see Hu-2. I'll bet means I keep my money. and you are very welcome.

Save    
Stan Areted

Specifically, WHAT law?

nancy in venice:

Impeachment is a political remedy, not a legal remedy.

Your respose to my query makes no sense as I was not addressing you but referring to the title of this thread.

THAT still begs the question WHAT LAW, specifically?

5 Likes Save    
elvis

They just like the phrase.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Elizabeth Warren's school marm tendencies are going corona!

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

patriciae_gw(07)

It isn't a script Elvis. I believe that Black lives actually matter. I actually think that no one is above the law. Do you think black peoples deaths don't matter?

patriciae_gw(07)

But lets get back to Roberts, a conservative's conservative. If yall are going to shred every person you disagree with meaning I guess anyone who doesn't lie, cheat and steal for Donald Trump, your base is going to shrivel up so small it will fall through the storm drain.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Your respose to my query makes no sense as I was not addressing you but referring to the title of this thread.

THAT still begs the question WHAT LAW, specifically?

The rules that were established for the Senate during the impeachment hearings.

Do you think that the senators should respect what Justice Roberts asks of them?

1 Like Save    
elvis

Ah. See Stan? She meant "rules", not "law". Like I said, they just like to say "above the law"!

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

BINGO Elvis, and still no answer to my query because armchair attorneys lecturing everyone else are sloppy with concepts and careless with words --conveniently misleading with fake accusations. "Above the LAW" sounds so serious doesn't it? CNN irresponsibilty has followers!

But we've come to expect this from TDS sufferers, now fake accusations extended to senators, apparently. This is all the left has to offer, throwing out lies about our president and anyone that supports him.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Too funny. :^)

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The denizens of the new Bizarro world are certainly full of themselves lately, churning out ugliness and calling it beauty...

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Right? And NO credibility for the left because of such fake accusations.

It's a free for all throw and see what sticks from the top of the party to the bottom.

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

That was quite the trigger. Very interesting.

Save    
elvis

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Trigger was stuffed, preserved because he was special.

He was a smart horse--smart enough to know the difference between a law and a rule!

Maybe the dems should run a nag--oops they already did and lost!

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

After listening to Dershowitz and others, I have a question:

Do Trump supporters really believe that a president can do anything he (she) wishes?

If not, what limits are there on a president's will?

Kate

Save    
mudhouse

Does anyone have a link to the quotes used by Roberts, or to the spot in one of the coverage videos where these outrageous offenses occurred?

I happened to be watching when Kennedy asked that his question be directed to Nadler specifically. My memory is, after Nadler answered his question, Chief Justice Roberts said something like: "I haven't ruled on this previously, but it would be best if questions were directed either to the case managers or to the defense, instead of to individuals." Then the questioning went on. (I didn't see Cassidy's question.)

If that's the moment the OP is about, I don't believe it was a rule set at the beginning of the questioning, and Kennedy's question to Nadler was the first time it had been dealt with. And what I saw was definitely not an admonishment.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Dublinbay:

Do Trump supporters really believe that a president can do anything he (she) wishes?

Perhaps that would be better asked on its own thread.

This thread is about the allegation that two specific senators think they are "above the law" and we have yet to even determine which law. Work to be done.

3 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

HU-885118952: Democrats killed all those black inner city
victims, btw.

Stan: And NO credibility for the left because of such
fake accusations.

LOL.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Universal Design 5 Things to Think About Before Adding an In-Law Suite
Multigenerational households are on the rise, but there’s a lot to consider when dreaming up a new space for mom or dad
Full Story
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Decorating Guides If You’re Looking for a Little Design Inspiration, Think Big
Oversize lights, prints, kitchen islands and more show that larger-than-life decor is taking off
Full Story