Gallup Poll-Public's Satisfaction W/Life In America Highest In 15 Yrs.

catkinZ8a

For those that follow polls:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1669/general-mood-country.aspx

Public satisfaction with life in America reaches its highest level in 15 years: Gallup poll

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Political disagreements and other concerns may not have as much cultural influence on the overall public as we think.

“Forty-one percent of Americans are satisfied with the way things are going in the U.S., a level not seen in nearly 15 years,” said a new Gallup poll released Tuesday.

The benchmark level of satisfaction has occurred at a time when the public also has the most positive feelings about the economy in two decades, the pollster found.

Joe Biden snaps at Iowa man: 'Go vote for someone else'

Hillary Clinton refuses to be served Tulsi Gabbard's lawsuit, attorney says

Chief Justice Roberts intervenes, refuses to read GOP question during impeachment

“Since Gallup began measuring national satisfaction in 1979, 37% of Americans, on average, have been satisfied,” wrote analyst Jeffrey M. Jones.

There is a predictable partisan divide, however. The survey also found that 72% of Republicans are happy with the current state of the nation compared to 37% of independents and 14% of Democrats.

There’s also a gender divide: 51% of men are content with the state of the nation while 31% of women are not.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/gallup-reports-americans-satisfaction-with-race-relations-has-increased-14-percent-since-trumps-inauguration/

SaveComment9Like1
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

I don't follow polls but I follow catkin;)

Hope that does not make me a stalker lol lol

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Hey margo <3

Save    
Tito Milian

queenmargo

1 hour ago

”I don't follow polls but I follow catkin;)

Hope that does not make me a stalker lol lol”

Just don’t directly engage or make eye contact— it’s considered hostile and threatening, lol

1 Like Save    
Tito Milian

The leaps are huge, catkin

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Interesting that all the areas where there is not satisfaction, and there are a lot of them, is not posted.

Cherry-picking information as usual.

Save    
Tito Milian

Feel free to post them if you like. Feel free to start another thread if you like. Light a candle instead of cursing the darkness.

3 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

Since the source material was posted with a link. Anyone can click through and read the entire piece which is forthright about mixed results but overall trends being upward. No one is cherry picking. No one is hiding. The OP posted all information for those with intellectual curiosity.

Feel free to read and discuss.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

I was really struck by how unhappy we've, USA citizens, say we are with the country's direction since 2002. It was a huge drop; and indeed this poll's percentage is high at 41% satisfied.

I enjoyed reading the underlying analysis. Thanks, catkin8. I took Tito's advice and found this, which I found interesting.

One reason satisfaction readings have been lower in recent years is that those who identify with the party that does not occupy the White House have been extremely reluctant to say they are satisfied with how things are going in the country. Since 2005, on average, 11% of the opposition party's supporters have said they were satisfied. Between 1992 (the earliest year for which Gallup compiled party data) and 2004, the opposition party's satisfaction levels were three times higher, at 34%.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Cherry picking?

The link to the poll is front and center, :wink wink:

blfenton

Cherry-picking information as usual.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Tiny Houses Can You Live a Full Life in 220 Square Feet?
By Houzz
Adjusting mind-sets along with furniture may be the key to happiness for tiny-home dwellers
Full Story
Materials Your Guide to 15 Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
Get details and costs on top counter materials to help you narrow down the choices for your kitchen
Full Story