Biden Tells DesMoines Activist "You Have To Go Vote For Someone Else"

catkinZ8a

Biden tells Des Moines activist 'vote for someone else' in tense exchange

Updated: 10:30 PM CST Jan 29, 2020

DES MOINES, Iowa —

A video of Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden telling a Des Moines political activist to vote for someone else has received millions of views on social media.

Former Iowa legislator and Democrat Ed Fallon said his testy exchange with Biden occurred Sunday during a campaign stop at Urban Dreams in Des Moines.

Advertisement

He said he waited in line for a picture and wanted to confront Biden on his climate change proposals. Another member of Fallon's Bold Iowa group recorded their interaction.

"I'm going to support you if you win the nomination because we gotta get rid of (President Donald) Trump," Fallon said to Biden in the video.

Fallon said Biden became agitated when Fallon did not agree to support him in the caucuses.

In the video, Fallon can be heard saying, "We got to stop building and replacing pipelines." Biden responded by saying,: "You have to go vote for someone else. You're not going to vote for me in the primary."

When Fallon reiterated that he would support Biden in the general election if he wins the nomination, Biden said., "I','m looking at the primary and a caucus. That's what I'm looking for, OK? Now you believe that Bernie can do something by 2030? "

Fallon said he plans to support Tom Steyer in the Iowa caucuses.

He said he was surprised that Biden told him to vote for someone else.

"I did not expect to be told to leave, to go vote for somebody else, then to be lectured about," Fallon said.

The video also showed Biden pressing on Fallon's chest, poking him with a finger and grabbing his jacket with two hands.

"It was not appropriate interaction with anybody," Fallon said. "I mean, if I'd done that to him, the security would have been all over me."

Fallon said he is not asking the Biden campaign for an apology, though he said he would accept one. Instead, he said he is more concerned about finding the right candidate to fight climate change and beat Trump.

"I don't think he can beat Trump and you have him actively telling people like me, 'Don't vote for me, vote for somebody else,'" he said. "Well, that's not helpful, not helpful at all."

Biden's campaign staffers told KCCI that they are aware of the incident but declined to comment on it.

https://www.kcci.com/article/biden-tells-des-moines-activist-vote-for-someone-else/30705659

SaveComment12Like
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ann

Joe is starting to lash out at potential voters in weird ways - losing his cool when asked many a question.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Maybe he just doesn't suffer fools gladly.

The guy made it clear that he wasn't going to vote for Biden (in the primary). Why should Biden waste a lot of his time listening to the guy carry on and on and on when he insisted he wouldn't vote (or caucus) for Biden?

Besides, the guy sounded a bit belligerent to me.

Kate

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Joe has got Ukraine on his mind.

Joe is talking about dying?? Is he looking for a sympathy vote?

Joe probably needs a sniff of neck hair to calm him down.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

They left out the part where biden said he wasn't in the general. I wonder why?

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Really, even Yang is looking like the best choice these days lol.

At least I will get a thousand dollars lol lol

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Watch for Yang 2024!

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

Agree, he simply said , if you don't like my position vote for someone else in the primary.

Can you even imagine how Trump would respond to a challege from a " voter," who questioned him? However, he never , ever faces opposers directly he only interacts with adoring crowds . He can't handle any criticism.

Trump viciously attacks anyone who questions him and he is a "counter puncher" . Biden pushes back on this guy and he is losing his cool .Got it !

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Oh, good.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Actually I don't blame Biden.

The guy was a jerk lecturing him about climate change and trolling Biden with his paltry support. I wasn't surprised to hear of his background--typical arrogant liberal.

The problem is that this wasn't a one time thing--Unca Joe has a reputation for wanting to fight and smart off--to and with anyone unless they happen to be a pre-pubescent girl with sniffable hair.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

I'm liking Jim Jordan for 2024.

Can you even imagine

Imagine that.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

It's doubtful that tame comment to one person will hurt Biden, remember that back in 2016 trump asked : "How Stupid are the People of Iowa".

Save    
lurker111

"How Stupid are the People of Iowa".

Yeah, that guy will probably still vote for biden.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Art of Architecture Tell a Story With Design for a More Meaningful Home
Go beyond a home's bones to find the narrative at its heart, for a more rewarding experience
Full Story
Lawn Alternatives See 6 Yards Transformed by Losing Their Lawns
Wondering whether a turf lawn is the best use of your outdoor space? These homeowners did, and they found creative alternatives
Full Story
Color Choosing Color: See 1 Cute Home in 3 Exterior Paint Palettes
Here’s proof that a little bit of fun color can add a whole lot of flair to your house
Full Story