Trump rally aftermath—-cleanup

Joaniepoanie

How many times have Trumpers said the left leaves a mess after marches and that they cleanup after rallies? Well, take a gander at the mess left after Wildwood. Do we even have to wonder if Trump reimburses police for cleanup?

https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1222546107391270913

SaveComment23Like1
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chipotle

Is that for real?

Save    
Save    
dandyfopp

Classy.

Save    
Toby

More fodder for that funny guy Rick Wilson!

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Come now, what did you expect it was JERSEY!

Still not close to Nancy's Nasty San Francisco.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

This is South Jersey, which is Republican and went for Trump in 2016. It's interesting that this is Rep. Jeff Van Drew's district, who switched parties a few weeks ago. This rally must've been his reward.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

So this is their idea of Making America Great Again?

People littering is one of my major dislikes. Really takes little to nothing to clean up after yourself. I always leave where I've gone better than how I've found it. Taught my son to pick up a bit of trash left behind by others.

In a traffic jam in the Florida Keys on college break a bunch of obvious spoiled rich frat boys were throwing their trash out their car windows. I jump out of car, picked up their trash and handed it back to them. Lots of applause from other traveler's. And they were stuck in traffic for another hour being booed at the whole time.

Like I said I have a real hard time understanding the mentality of such inconsiderate actions.

12 Likes Save    
queenmargo

What a bunch of pigs.

Who ever left all this stuff are slobs.

Remember 26.3% were registered Dems.

10+% didn't vote in 2016 ?

Could be slobs all around.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Nobody but Trumpers believes Trump’s stats that 26% were Dems. Just more propaganda for his base.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

People littering is one of my major dislikes. Really takes little to nothing to clean up after yourself. I always leave where I've gone better than how I've found it. Taught my son to pick up a bit of trash left behind by others.

Me too. I do remember though, when we were kids it was perfectly normal for people to throw trash out the car windows. I really do think the "Keep America Beautiful"/ "Don't be a Litterbug" campaign was a turning point.

6 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Leaving litter behind is never OK. People throw trash out of their cars onto our property all the time, and it makes me furious. I've even been out there working when they do it! Good grief.

Weird thing is, rally attendees apparently also left folding chairs and blankets. (I'd be too cheap to do that.) Some of the town's Facebook comments mention that the convention center (?) city (?) underestimated the number of trash cans needed.

By noon it was cleaned up though, and the good thing is, they donated the chairs and blankets to charities.

https://www.facebook.com/wildwoodsnewjersey/posts/3034061809960081

2 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

If they don't have enough trashcans... take the trash with you! Idiots. It's what I would do, because it would've been the right thing to do. You know, like Wildwood, NJ did. Not the cheetohead and his group.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Remember 26.3% were registered Dems.

Remember, 26.3 said they were Dems. That doesn't mean they actually were.

Save    
queenmargo

LOL Iris, now you know why I don't read the polls;)

Save    
queenmargo

When my husband and I go to the polls and get approached by anyone there to endorse their candidate, we smile, and give them the thumbs up, LOL

Save    
mudhouse

If they don't have enough trashcans... take the trash with you!

I agree, Rob. One of the Facebook posts on the town's page says that they saw people doing that, too. But apparently not everyone. (Shame on them.)

2 Likes Save    
elvis

I also agree. That said, the taxpayers end up holding the trash bag either way. Landfill because you took the trash with you, or landfill because someone else cleaned it up.

I suppose the cleanup project provided some jobs for unskilled labor, so there's that.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

I suppose the cleanup project provided some jobs for unskilled labor, so there's that.

Trump is broom ready;)

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

I'm sure the check is in the mail.

At least nine other city governments — from Mesa, Arizona, to Erie, Pennsylvania — are still waiting for Trump to pay public safety-related invoices they’ve sent his presidential campaign committee in connection with his political rallies, according to interviews with local officials and municipal records obtained by the Center for Public Integrity.

Some invoices are three years old. In all, city governments say Trump’s campaign owes them at least $841,219.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Lots of info at your sources. Here's one:

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders may not remember much about the rallies they each held last year in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

But officials at Green Bay City Hall sure do. And they’re miffed the three politicos have stiffed them on police protection bills totaling $24,000.

Looks like a trend!

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

The rally is starting. Another massive crowd. A lot of young people, too. :^)

3 Likes Save    
elvis

...nice crowd. There will be cleanup jobs for the unskilled tomorrow!

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Pack it in--pack it out!

Wildwood cleanup wraps up: Chairs, clothing and blankets to be donated

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 4:28 AM PSTUpdated: Jan 30, 2020 4:28 AM PST

Wildwood is clean and has returned to its usual quiet state for the winter months, just a couple days after President Donald Trump held a campaign rally, attracting tens of thousands of people to the shore community.

Volunteers and Wildwood Department of Public Works crews picked up the trash Wednesday, which included many chairs, clothing and blankets left behind in the parking lot -- items that were not allowed into the Wildwoods Convention Center.

The items collected will be donated to church groups and other organizations for the needy.

One local says even as messy as it was this week, it’s nothing compared to some of the summer days.

Mayor Pete Byron estimates a crowd of 25,000 people packed the areas surrounding the convention center.

The mayor says the thousands of people gathered in the town Tuesday were all well-behaved, and said that the presidential visit left a positive impact in the city of Wildwood.

The mayor said the businesses who did open for the rally saw revenues equal to a Memorial Day weekend type crowd.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/41630892/wildwood-cleanup-wraps-up-chairs-clothing-and-blankets-to-be-donated

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Features 9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
Cleaning 10 Things Clean Freaks Know to Be True
Are you completely committed to domestic cleanliness? Then you may recognize some of these spotless truths
Full Story
Most Popular 8 Lessons on Renovating a House from Someone Who's Living It
So you think DIY remodeling is going to be fun? Here is one homeowner's list of what you may be getting yourself into
Full Story