8-28-19 Bolton Int. W/RFE: POTUS' Convo W/Ukraine "Warm & Cordial"

catkinZ8a

SaveComment48Like1
Comments (48)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

If he thought at the time that the president was stiff-arming the Ukrainians, he had a funny way of showing it.

Bolton SAID NOTHING.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Feels good to strrrrrrretch?

Um, he was still “working at the pleasure of” Trump at that point. What did you expect him to say?

(edit to correct the phrase)

ETA - Did anyone ever say that the call wasn’t cordial? The “transcript” reads cordial to me.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

I bet this'll be interesting to Collins, Romney & Co.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

What part is interesting? I only listened to the point that you quoted and it wasn’t interesting.

Save    
Wants to Grow

If Bolton does testify before the Senate, it could make any details in his upcoming book irrelevant and affect his sales.

Losing sales would serve this sell-out right.

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

FOX just played this video for their millions of viewers, LOLOLOL.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Bolton's comments reflect the actual calls which Trump made to Zelensky. Schiff's "whisteblower" do not.

Hmm.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

catkin, it's important to remind folks that the leaked portions of Bolton's manuscript are indeed, alleged.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Best get him under oath then.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

If Bolton does testify before the Senate, it could make any details in his upcoming book irrelevant and affect his sales.

That’s assuming there will be a book published. Latest is WH has formally threatened publisher not to publish. I know, I know, “sources say” and this would seem so out of character. ;)

Save    
foodonastump

catkin, it's important to remind folks that the leaked portions of Bolton's manuscript are indeed, alleged.

Are you suggesting Trump is disputing accounts that don’t exist?

1 Like Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

"Bolton has said he would be willing to testify in the Senate trial if
subpoenaed. Trump has suggested that he might attempt to assert
executive privilege and block Bolton's testimony" (from CNN)

So why block his testimony if there's nothing damaging about it?

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I never made it past the headline--which seems to be written in code or something. Reads like gibberish to me, so I have no idea what this thread is about.

Kate

Save    
catkinZ8a

Calling Bolton a liar?

foodonastump

Feels good to strrrrrrretch?

Um, he was still “working at the pleasure of” Trump at that point. What did you expect him to say?

Save    
catkinZ8a

We repeat:

If he thought at the time that the president was stiff-arming the Ukrainians, he had a funny way of showing it.

Bolton SAID NOTHING.

Save    
foodonastump

Catkin: Convo W/Ukraine "Warm & Cordial"

FOAS: The “transcript” reads cordial to me.

Catkin: Calling Bolton a liar?

~~~~~

SMH.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

"BOOK SALES BOLTON" ?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Clean-up on Aisle 4.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

LOL "warm and cordial" trending on twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=warm%20and%20cordial&src=typed_query

Thank you , Mark Levin!

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Of course it is. You think you’re the only one who’s missing the irrelevance?

Save    
llucy

"If he thought at the time that the president was stiff-arming the Ukrainians, he had a funny way of showing it. Bolton SAID NOTHING.

Uh, this has been confirmed by several witnesses.

The New York Times reports that John Bolton, Trump's former national security advisor, might turn out to be the loudest whistle of all in the case of Rudy Giuliani's demented efforts to get Ukrainian officials to help Trump win a second term as President.

Mr. Bolton got into a tense exchange on July 10 with Gordon D. Sondland, the Trump donor turned ambassador to the European Union, who was working with Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, to press Ukraine to investigate Democrats, according to three people who heard the testimony. ... “I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers, according to two people at the deposition. ... It was not the first time Mr. Bolton expressed grave concerns to Ms. Hill about the campaign being run by Mr. Giuliani. “Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” Ms. Hill quoted Mr. Bolton as saying during an earlier conversation.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Bolton’s Manuscript Lands in NYT Three Days After NSC Warns Bolton Book has ‘Significant Amount of Classified Information’

Posted by Mary Chastain Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 2:09pm

Questions have surfaced over who leaked the manuscript of John Bolton’s book. How did it get out? Gee, why would it come out now?

The Washington Examiner Chief Political Correspondent Byron York found something interesting in the timeline.

Timeline emerging: NSC letter to Bolton lawyer in the news today is dated January 23. Refers to January 22 phone call. NYT story breaking Bolton news was January 26. https://t.co/YCsaI5KrC9

— Byron York (@ByronYork) January 29, 2020

So: Bolton lawyer discusses book clearance with NSC on Jan 22. On Jan 23, NSC informs Bolton side in writing that book had ‘significant amounts’ of classified info. Then, amazingly enough, story gets to NYT, which publishes scoop on Jan 26. https://t.co/0yipjoB0S2

— Byron York (@ByronYork) January 29, 2020

The manuscript did not contain a little classified information. Bolton put in “significant amounts of classified information.” Not only that, but some of that classified information has the TOP SECRET label.

So who leaked it to The New York Times? Obviously, with that many markups, it would take longer to edit, which means a pushed back publish date.

Bolton? Another member of the NSC? One of the guys who reviewed the book for classified information?

And people wonder why Trump is protective of information. I’m shocked no one has leaked to the press how many times he uses the bathroom a day. I mean, we all know the man loves two scoops of ice cream!

https://www.scribd.com/document/444787844/Bolton-Letter#from_embed

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/01/boltons-manuscript-lands-in-nyt-three-days-after-nsc-warns-bolton-book-has-significant-amount-of-classified-information/

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Um, he was still “working at the pleasure of” Trump at that point. What did you expect him to say?"

If he really believed the president "tied Ukraine aid to inquiries" I would have expected him to immediately report this to the authorities.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

What authorities? Apparently Trump is accountable to no one for his actions. You mean he could have made a WB complaint to Congress ?

Save    
catkinZ8a

We love that you tweeted the Bolton 'warm and cordial' video, Mr. President!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1222655839573565440?s=09

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

When your argument fails, post it again.

Save    
lurker111

"Um, he was still “working at the pleasure of” Trump at that point. What did you expect him to say?"

You're talking about Bolton. No one on this planet would believe that he was in fear of his job and kissing up. That's just absurd!

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Calling me a loser, Catkin? If it weren’t for the nonsense you post day in and day out I might actually care.

Lurker - Are you taking Catkin’s cue and putting words in my mouth? Bolton had a job, and that job was NOT crying about his boss to RFE. I neither said nor implied anything about fear or kissing up. You guys are making FAR too much of a comment that is, as far as I can see, true.

Save    
foodonastump

Note there is no mention of unpleasantness, gun to the head, etc. Lots of quid pro quo in my life, all pleasant. I read the transcript. Sounds cordial. Doesn’t change the fact that he made demands for personal gain, in exchange for releasing approved military funding.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

"Vote to impeach and you'll get a pen. It is a very valuable piece of American history, forever know as the treason pen."

Quid pro quo.

Save    
foodonastump

"Vote to impeach and you'll get a pen. It is a very valuable piece of American history, forever know as the treason pen."

I understand why you didn’t come up with a better response. Best for you to drop this “warm and cordial” silliness. It means nothing.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

I like the idea of calling witnesses. Think about it. Months that keep candidates off the campaign trail, Adam Schiffs feet to the fire, the whistleblower, the Bidens. Then Trump will be acquitted, win re-election, and dems will wonder what happened.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I understand why you didn’t come up with a better response. Best for
you to drop this “warm and cordial” silliness. It means nothing.

I never said anything about "warm and cordial". Have some coffee and you'll do better.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Biden sticks his foot in his mouth again and destroys the crats case by admitting that he is not in the general election.

Save    
lurker111

Joe "vote for someone else" Biden. I like his new motto.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Biden's new motto is "I'm old!".

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Doesn’t change the fact that he made demands for personal gain, in exchange for releasing approved military funding.

Military funding? Trump gave them weapons and military funding. Too much CNN.

Save    
foodonastump

I said anything about "warm and cordial". Have some coffee and you'll do better.

You’ve gone from silly to ridiculous. Newsflash, that’s what this thread is about. Including this little exchange:

Try harder.

Save    
lurker111

Have another cup.

Save    
lurker111

Facts from the impeachment...

The democrats do not understand the constitution.

The democrats do not understand our laws.

The democrats do not understand the job of the president.

The democrats do not understand the power of the president.

The democrats do not understand their jobs.

The democrats are unfit for office.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Lurker every comment I’ve made on this thread is related to “warm and cordial.” If you want to pretend we were having a different discussion, you have another cup. Or better yet get back to sleep. Enjoy.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

food, I see your fallacy as plain as day. "Bolton had a job, and that job was NOT crying about his boss to RFE". You expect people who don't believe in diplomacy to understand his reasons behind not dissing his boss. They don't want it and find anyone who uses diplomacy to be weak.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I'm sorry food. I'll try to make it more clear, just for you.

Bolton isn't afraid to speak his mind. If he had something bad to say, he would have said it.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

Bolton isn't afraid to speak his mind. If he had something bad to say, he would have said it.

Apparently he has, and it is in a book.

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"You mean he could have made a WB complaint to Congress ?"

Why would you think that?

Save    
lurker111

Apparently he has, and it is in a book.

Rumor has it.

2 Likes Save