Doug Collins is running and the GOP ain't happy

dandyfopp

Georgia in play? Thanks for the assist Doug.

SaveComment4Like1
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Seems as if he might be a bit full of himself...

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

How is Collins being "selfish?" He simply wants to run for Senator. Loeffler was only appointed to the Senate last month. She has vowed to protect the seat she was given with $25 MILLION of her own money.

I didn't learn this information from the OP, which provided little information. As for it "hurting" Trump, it is a fact that he would have preferred the governor appoint Collins in the first place.

1 Like Save    
Toby

I know you didn't mean it to sound like she bought her seat, but she did. She is a GOP mega-donor, having given millions to GOP campaigns. Yes, she gave a few thousand to Democrats too.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"I know you didn't mean it to sound like she bought her seat, but she did. She is a GOP mega-donor, having given millions to GOP campaigns."

Not so. I meant to provide relevant facts not contained in the OP. I agree with you. It does sound like she bought her seat. Had I simply "believed" what the OP posted, I too might have mistakenly concluded Collins was "selfish" for deciding to run for the seat.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Working With an Interior Designer 10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
Most Popular New Ways to Think About All That Mulch in the Garden
Before you go making a mountain out of a mulch hill, learn the facts about what your plants and soil really want
Full Story
Houzz Call Show Us Your Best Kitchen Innovation
Did you take kitchen functionality up a notch this year? We want to see your best solutions for the hardest-working room in the house
Full Story