the credulous boomer rube demo

mrskjun(9)

that backs Donald Trump.

Thank you CNN, it's important that Trumps base remembers how important it is to go to the polls in Nov. You keep reminding them.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/28/unfunny-cnn-panel-ridicules-trump-supporters-as-credulous-boomer-rubes/

SaveComment49Like2
Comments (49)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

Way to win hearts and minds! Sure, HC didn't mean that all Trump supporters are deplorable.

A CNN panel from Saturday night has gone viral this week, showing two guests appearing on air with anchor Don Lemon, mocking Trump supporters during the network’s impeachment coverage.

The discussion features New York Times columnist and CNN contributor Wajahat Ali with ex-GOP strategist Never Trumper Rick Wilson making fun of those who might ever vote for President Donald Trump...

Wilson and Ali then continued with fake accents to mock those who put Trump into office as unsophisticated backwoods hicks. “Donald Trump’s the smart one, and y’all — y’all elitists are dumb,” Wilson said.

“You elitists with your geography and your maps and your spelling!” Ali chimed in.

“Your math and your readin’!” Wilson responded as the three men laughed hysterically at the belittlement of those alienated by media elites such as themselves.

The on-air exchange has prompted explosive backlash against CNN and those on the panel...

From the OP link.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Have to admit I don't know any of these idiotic characters. Journalists? I know third graders with more smarts and composure, not to mention objectivity.

They are so stupid--on camera-- one less ad President Trump and supporters won't have to produce--they handed it to us on a silver platter!

Much like Donald Trump handed the democrats their arrogant and overconfident posteriors November 2016!

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Now who has no sense of humor? I don’t care which state or party you claim, that there was funny.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

"For all you STUPID people out there..."

This is what passes for news on MSDNC.

Go to the 5 min. mark.

https://youtu.be/a-nHLwSFY5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-nHLwSFY5U

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

This is not news, this is opinion commentary.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Why oh why are these people soooooo ignorant as to keep bringing the war to the people. They just don't get it at all. When you make it personal it is a game changer.

3 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Um, I read on Hot Topics that no one watches CNN, and no one believes anything CNN has to say.

So why the hand flapping from the Federalist?

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Who Diane Feinstein just said she will probably vote to acquit?

Save    
bfox254

I thought the comment about Trump not being able to find Ukraine on a map was really funny (and oh so true). They got a little carried away after that

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

After the insults and name calling that Trump spews daily this is what is outrageous!!!!

I guess we don't expect any decorum from our president but everyone else must behave at all times.

Can the bar be set any lower for Trump?

16 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

How many "rubes" wondered, as Don Lemon did, if that missing airliner was sucked into a black hole?

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Don Lemonhead's a real pig--and is being sued for exhibiting the fact.

Don Lemon sued by Hamptons bartender for alleged assault

By Kate Sheehy

August 13, 2019 | 5:32pm

He’s soured on Lemon.

A former Hamptons bartender says in a new lawsuit that Don Lemon assaulted him after the CNN host disgustingly fondled himself at a local watering hole.

Dustin Hice says in his Suffolk County Supreme Court suit that he was slinging drinks in July 2018 for The Old Stove Pub in Sagaponack when he and his coworkers decided to go out for drinks after work one night.

The group headed to Murf’s Backstreet Tavern in Sag Harbor, where Hice told The Post, “I see out of the corner of my eye, it’s Don Lemon’’ there, too.

“I had had two beers, maybe three at the most,’’ Hice recalled. “I said, ‘Hey, Don, let me buy you a drink.’ I turned to Nick the bartender and said, ‘Hey, Nick, let me get two [vodka] Lemon Drops’ and put two fingers in the air.

“Don was sitting with two or three other people, and he looks at me and goes, ‘I’m just trying to have a good time, man.’ I said, ‘Oh, OK, sorry,’ and that was it,’’ Hice said.

“I absolutely wasn’t hitting on him whatsoever,’’ Hice said of Lemon, 53, who is gay and married. “I’m a heterosexual male.”

As alleged in his complaint, Hice, 38, told The Post, “About 5 or 10 minutes later, Don gets up, walks around the bar, comes up right up to me and puts his hands down his board shorts. He rubs himself aggressively, his penis and whatever else down there.”

Lemon then “shoved his index and middle fingers in Plaintiff’s mustache and under Plaintiff’s nose,’’ according to Hice’s suit, which was filed over the weekend.

“And he goes, ‘Do you like p—y or d–k?’ And he kept saying, ‘P or D? P or D?’ He said it three or four times. I’m like, ‘Whoa man, what the hell?’ ” Hice claimed.

The accuser said he was so traumatized that he fled the bar and came back a couple minutes later to find Lemon gone.

“I had to go into work the next day, and by then, people all across town knew it,’’ Hice told The Post. “It spread like wildfire. And I had people coming in that week and ordering Lemon Drops and being like, ‘Give me two,’ ” infuriating and humiliating him, he said.

Hice says in his suit that he suffered “severe emotional stress and loss of future earnings and opportunities’’ and is suing for unspecified damages.

CNN responded in a statement: “The plaintiff in this lawsuit has previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts. This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon.

“Don categorically denies these claims and this matter does not merit any further comment at this time.”

A source close to Lemon said Hice’s camp contacted Lemon’s lawyers and demanded $1.5 million in exchange for not filing the suit, the source said. Lemon refused the demand because he did nothing wrong, the source said.

A Hice source said there were talks about a financial settlement and that Lemon’s side offered “six figures,” but in the end, the potential deal never materialized.
CNN didn’t comment on the “six-figure” claim.

As for social-media attacks on CNN, Hice said, “I have never ever ranted about anyone, especially a news station. … I am a private, religious man.’’

Hice’s suit calls Lemon “an Emmy Award winning news anchor … who among other things, purports to be a staunch advocate for the ‘Me Too’ movement.” But “when the cameras are turned off … Mr. Lemon’s actions are in stark and disturbing contrast to the public persona he attempts to portray,’’ the suit says.

Hice’s lawyer, Andrew Miltenberg, said, “Just because my client is a straight man doesn’t make this assault any more acceptable than if he were a woman.

“This lawsuit is sending a message loud and clear — if you are in a position of power, you cannot get away with sexual assault. No matter what the circumstances are.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/don-lemon-sued-by-hamptons-bartender-for-alleged-assault/

Don Lemon drunk on air:

Save    
catkinZ8a

Flock Of Monocled Geese In Top Hats Joins Don Lemon In Round Of Laughter At The Commoners

January 28th, 2020

NEW YORK, NY—Over the weekend, CNN’s Don Lemon burst out in a fit of laughter with his panel of monocled, tophat wearing geese.

While Lemon tried to talk about the half of the country that doesn't share his political views, the panel of geese went into fits of honking, cackles, and belly-laughs. Lemon himself could barely get a word out without going into another episode of laughs.

Later, Lemon and the geese went out for lattes and studied geography.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I guess we don't expect any decorum from our president but everyone else must behave at all times.

Sorry, the like button wasn’t emphatic enough for that one.

5 Likes Save    
barncatz

3."It's Wisconsin. The Weinermobile is the equivalent of the Queen's glass coach there." --Karendipitee on Twitter

Saw this ^^^ on the Weinermobile thread. As I read somewhere, "When you make it personal, it's a game changer!"

Save    
elvis

the Trump defense team is a Confederacy of Dunces—-Sekulow, Bondi, Barr, Dersh—-their “arguments” were so weak and laughable—-

Well, when one can actually understand what they say, it makes a lot more sense.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie Dew required.

Great thread title mrsk.

Save    
queenmargo

barncatz

3."It's Wisconsin. The Weinermobile is the equivalent of the Queen's glass coach there." --Karendipitee on Twitter

Saw this ^^^ on the Weinermobile thread. As I read somewhere, "When you make it personal, it's a game changer!"

What is your point of this comment barncatz?

Save    
elvis

Well, this bit of leftist prog patter will be a useful campaign tool, so there is that.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

Save    
HU-885118952

elvis, the campaign ads keep writing themselves. Lemon's hysterical laughing at the insults and outright bigotry spewed from his buffoon guests shows who he is, and his agenda.

His "sorry not sorry", "I'm not laughing at Trump supporters, I'm laughing at the jokes (ridiculing the Trump supporters with bigotry and xenophobia)" is insulting.

Save    
chipotle

cattyles,

Wilson nailed it!

2 Likes Save    
elvis

chipotle

Wilson nailed it!

Oh, so you, chipotle, are saying, right now, that this is an accurate description of Trump supporters:

The discussion features New York Times columnist and CNN contributor Wajahat Ali with ex-GOP strategist Never Trumper Rick Wilson making fun of those who might ever vote for President Donald Trump...

Wilson and Ali then continued with fake accents to mock those who put Trump into office as unsophisticated backwoods hicks. “Donald Trump’s the smart one, and y’all — y’all elitists are dumb,” Wilson said.

“You elitists with your geography and your maps and your spelling!” Ali chimed in.

“Your math and your readin’!” Wilson responded as the three men laughed hysterically at the belittlement of those alienated by media elites such as themselves.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

elvis, imagine if FOX news hosted people who made fun of Indian Americans and Indian accents and called them, "Apu" and said they worked in 7-11 making Slurpees all day long.

And imagine the FOX host not being horrified by the bigotry, but crying laughing and egging it on. Then making an excuse instead of offering an apology.

You know the Left would be calling for that FOX person's head on a platter.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

imagine if FOX news hosted people who made fun of Indian Americans and Indian accents and called them, "Apu" and said they worked in 7-11 making Slurpees all day long.

That’s quite some stereotyping there!

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Couldn’t ask for a better campaign tool Elvis. Nobody likes uppity mean girls. It’s becoming more and more clear this isn’t the Democratic Party of yesteryear.

1 Like Save    
chipotle

Imagine a president who mocks the handicapped, Southern accents, Chinese accents, young women, who threatens men and women via Twitter. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine.

7 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Why do they consistently mock the South and portray Southerners as "ignorant hillbillies?" Talk about stereotyping. If this was any other group of people they were mocking the "ist" words would be flowing.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

He was imitating Sessions, that's a big leap from stereotyping all southerners as the CNN crew did. No cigar.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Right. Sessions is a white, American-born, hetero, non-disabled male, for heaven's sake. Fair game, right?

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Yall are talking past each other. Mocking is wrong but Trump supporters, why is it not wrong when Trump does it?

7 Likes Save    
chipotle

They know it's wrong when Trump does it. They just can't admit it. Blind allegiance.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

I think we on the right are well beyond paying attention to the tired refrain^^^, Try something fresh.

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Fresher than:

It was a perfect phone call.

I've done nothing wrong.

Lock her up.

Obama.

Witch Hunt.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

elvis, they are trying to remove a President on the arrogance of thinking they know what he and other people with whom they disagree and may not like, think.

The hubris is offense. When repeated, it's just pathetic.

Save    
Stan Areted

Offensive, pathetic, hypocritical and malicious.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Stan Areted

Offensive, pathetic, hypocritical and malicious.

Stan, I think it is malicious when Don Lemon sneers into the camera, "How dare you accuse ME?".

No one was buying what he was selling. That segment went on and on, as he encouraged the bigotry with his silly slapstick act.

If a FOX anchor encouraged ugly bigotry and hatred like Lemon did with his guests, there would be a dozen campaigns to get him fired by now.

2 Likes Save    
zmith

justerrilynn(10)

Couldn’t ask for a better campaign tool Elvis. Nobody likes uppity
mean girls.

Geez louise! TRUMP is the ultimate "mean girl." You're right, tho; nobody likes him.

It’s becoming more and more clear this isn’t the Democratic
Party of yesteryear.

Same can be said about the Republican party.

Welcome to reality!

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

You forgot this HU.

"

While interacting with voters in 2006, Biden told a man that in Delaware, the largest population growth at that time was “Indian-Americans — moving from India.

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent — I’m not joking,” he told the man, raising his eyebrows.

“It’s gigantic,” he added."

5 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Yall are talking past each other. Mocking is wrong but Trump supporters, why is it not wrong when Trump does it?"

I've never heard President Trump mock his supporters.

1 Like Save    
chipotle

Trump's brain melts down, Fox cuts away, and the anchors are heard chuckling.

Video:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1222335747992248322?s=21&fbclid=IwAR3SkB1yVORT2sP5eIm_zqTPKVTLR78sk6pPD1DklDnbc1dC5GWR4IICmi8

Save    
HU-885118952

Trump got tongue tied and someone on FOX giggled? Oh, boy , that's exactly like mocking bigotry about his supporters. Not.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

He is right. Again.

Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!). https://t.co/iQXCc7lvCt

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 28, 2020

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

Trump got tongue tied

If he were your husband is that what you'd say? Happens way too often.

Save    
elvis

^^^If Don Lemon was my husband I'd kill myself.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

" Hm. I wasn't referring to anything other than the tweet I posted abh. The mistake is yours."

Thanks, dandy. Good to know your comment, "Totally in line with the way normal people handle things." was not directed at anyone here. My apologies.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Donald Trump’s the smart one, and y’all — y’all elitists are dumb,” Wilson said.

equals -- bigotry against Trump supporters.

Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!), Trump tweets

equals -- being right again!

"It's Wisconsin. The Weinermobile is the equivalent of the Queen's glass coach there." --Karendipitee on Twitter

equals -- bigotry against Wisconsin residents that is right. (Caveat: I love WI. Go Pack!)

Save    
elvis

I don't consider the Weinermobile comment insulting at all. Wilson/Lemon: very offensive, but considering the source, unsurprising.

Save