SaveComment29Like3
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodnymph2_gw

Good news!

Save    
Kathy

These Republicans are speaking out too little too late, imho. It’s too late after the fact when they knew there was wrongdoing going on when they had an opportunity to speak out. Are they all a bunch of cowards? Or is it the retribution they were afraid of?

Trump typically lashes out. If we see this (tweet below) in public what is he like behind the scenes?

5 Likes Save    
Nana H

I bet Rex Tillerson and Mattis are also nodding their heads in the affirmative. More importantly I think most GOP Senators know he is a straight shooter.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

Even for trump that tweet is over the top with all the bullying belittling adjectives.

Save    
Kathy

They all left rather than stay and fight for what was right. I consider Yovanovitch more courageous than any of those men. She spoke out even though she was threatened and lost her job. They basically moved on to other jobs and kept their silence.

I’m happy they are now letting their opinions known but nothing but removal is going to stop Trump. He will just be emboldened to run roughshod over anyone and everything if he is allowed.

6 Likes Save    
chipotle

Cowards covers it.

All the President's turncoats

"No one scares President Trump as much as people who used to work for
him. They know the truth about him, and some of them tell it. When they
do, Trump denies it and smears them.

It's amazing how many people have turned on Trump in just his first
term. He is a man who prizes loyalty above all else, and yet one toady
after another has betrayed him.

John Bolton, Trump's former national security adviser, is the latest. According to The New York Times, Bolton's unpublished manuscript claims that Trump sought "to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens." In response, Trump said that Bolton is trying "to sell a book," and Trump's defenders began smearing Bolton.

Jenna Ellis, one of the president's attorneys, tweeted that "it is so sad that so many are willing to sell out America, our Constitution, truth, their integrity, and our great president just to score a book deal or five minutes of fame." An editor at The Federalist said Bolton is just "mad Trump fired him for leaking and trying to start new wars." Anonymous White House officials sniped to the Times that Bolton was a "disgruntled former employee."

The same charge was leveled against Anthony Scaramucci, Trump's communications director for 10 days, after he soured on Trump last August — despite once writing a book in praise of him. RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted: "Anthony Scaramucci has ZERO credibility. He's a disgruntled employee attacking @realDonaldTrump for his own personal gain." Trump called Scaramucci "a highly unstable 'nut job'" and "just another disgruntled former employee who got fired for gross incompetence!" Trump said he "barely knew him" before hiring him.

That's another favorite dodge. Trump, who claimed to have "the world's greatest memory," quickly forgets people when they tell the truth about him.

After Lev Parnas, the Rudy Giuliani associate who helped open doors in Eastern Europe, implicated the president in the Ukraine scandal, Trump said, "I don't know him at all." There are multiple pictures of them together. ABC News also released audio of a conversation in which Trump told Parnas and other associates to fire U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, making his claim of ignorance even more implausible.

Gordon Sondland, Trump's ambassador to the European Union who donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration, suffered a similar fate. In October, Trump said, "I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify." After Sondland spilled the beans about the Ukraine scandal in his testimony, Trump said of him, "I hardly know the gentleman," "I don't know him very well," and "This is not a man I know well."

When Trump doesn't forget you, he insults you, fires you, and insults you again.

After hearing that Yovanovitch had criticized him, Trump told some associates, including Parnas, to "take her out." When Yovanovitch testified in November, Trump cyber-attacked her on Twitter. "Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," Trump tweeted as she was testifying."

continues at above link

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Breaking News. Previous White House Staff members and Administration Tell All.

Too bad it took them so long to decide if they were Toadies or patriots. Grew some spine did ya! Or just couldn't figure out how to use for your personal enrichment. Now all of a sudden they don't want to appear to be toadies.

Any one of these all of a sudden grew a spine could have been a whistle blower at least long ago.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Izzy, are you talking about the book. A Stable Genius?

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Never read Stable Genius. What I wrote was spontaneous. Did what I say similar to something in the book?

Save    
Kathy

izzy, here are two journalists who just wrote a tell all book by interviewing WH appointees. They did hundreds of interviews and people were eager to talk. I thought you might be referring to the book.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/603692/a-very-stable-genius-by-philip-rucker-and-carol-leonnig/

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

Nothing like getting fired employees’ opinions.....believing them doesn’t seem so smart though

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Many of them left, they weren’t fired.

8 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Daily Show had a couple of jokes that made good points yesterday:

1. There seem to be an awful lot of disgruntled former WH employees, don't there?

2. A lot of those former employees seem to have been 'wearing wires'.

So hilarious!

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

So now Kelly is the Left's bff. All is forgiven after his "empty barrel", spot-on comment.

Good to know.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Wow Pap I thought for sure this time you’d finally believe someone.

Just kidding!

(ETA, you too, ndj)

Save    
HU-885118952

paprikash, the Left would take Mike Pence in their warm embrace if he turned on Trump. They will take literally anyone who becomes an asset.

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Sorry Ann, It wasn't really a "Breaking News" headline I saw. I was being sarcastic. My apologies if anyone thought it was real, even though it is kind of real. I think a lot of use predicted that as soon as someone more noteworthy, well known starts speaking out it will burst the dam of secrecy of Trump's retched behavior and shady dealings.

"They will take literally anyone who becomes an asset."

Plenty of deals have been made with shady characters to get the higher ups. I'm not a cop but see them on TV.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Nicolle Wallace explained that for the military it is “in their DNA” to not go against the chain of command. Although I think it would have been warranted in this case, I think she’s right about how the military operates.

While not on the same level, how many of us have left jobs where things were not “kosher” and silently moved on instead of speaking out?

And no, John Kelly is not the left’s new Bff.....just reporting the facts.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Kelly says witnesses should be called.

Good to know, thanks so much for that heads-up.

Save    
elvis

I consider Yovanovitch more courageous than any of those men. She spoke out even though she was threatened and lost her job.

Grow up, Yovanovitch.

It wasn't "her" job. She served, as all ambassadors do, at the pleasure of POTUS. She knew that going in.

2 Likes Save    
Rina

Doesn't matter who hires and has the right to fire you, Elvis, your job is still your job until it isn't. And all she needed to do to keep it was become a Trump toady, but she preferred integrity. Peculiar woman.

4 Likes Save    
Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"It wasn't "her" job. She served, as all ambassadors do, at the pleasure of POTUS. She knew that going in."

Yep.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It took courage for Yovanovitch to testify knowing there was most likely a target on her head. Kelly moved on to a cushy job with immigrants. His weak statement is because his job might be jeopardized because if it. Cowardly Republicans. Party above patriotism.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Her testimony exonerated Trump.

1 Like Save    
petalique

<< After hearing that Yovanovitch had criticized him, Trump told some associates, including Parnas, to "take her out." When Yovanovitch testified in November, Trump cyber-attacked her on Twitter. "Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," Trump tweeted as she was testifying.">>

Chipotle and others. If The Week printed this, they are perpetuating a false accusation, “After hearing that Yovanovitch had criticized him, Trump told some associates, including Parnas, to "take her out." When Yovanovitch testified in November, Trump cyber-attacked her on Twitter. "Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," Trump tweeted as she was testifying."

I saw that HU—-‘925 also seemed confused.

Correction: it was Lev Parnas who falsely made this accusation to trump at the dinner with trump and others. Marie Yovanovitch did not malign imPOTUS. AGAIN, it was Lev Parnas who made up the lie that Ambassador Yovanovitch said that Trump was —- —- and that he was going to get impeached.

Marie Yovanovitch is an ethical, experienced diplomat and would never say such a thing. It is the rotten trump & Giuliani smear team who spread so much misinformation and lies.

ETA I included the quote I’m referring to at the top of my post. I did go to The Week site linked, but could not see that quote.

Ed again. to re-phrase — If The Week printed this, they are perpetuating a false accusation,

5 Likes Save    
cyn427 NoVaZone7

"So now Kelly is the Left's bff. All is forgiven after his "empty barrel", spot-on comment."

Oh my. Where in the world do you hear that? As a member of what you refer to as "the Left," I am glad people are speaking out now, but these people are certainly not on my list of friends, let alone BFFs. I agree that they should have addressed this publicly years ago before the Ukraine issues took place. Democrats seem to give credit where credit is due, but that does not mean they embrace those with inside knowledge who are now writing books and giving speeches for their own profit.

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

petalique

After hearing that Yovanovitch had criticized him, Trump told some associates, including Parnas, to "take her out."

How is that statement false? It didn't say she criticized Trump, just that that's what Trump was told.

2 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Does the left now forgive and forget Kelly and Bolton. No. We are just a bit relived that at least Bolton will testify, hopefully and be a patriot, not (Trump) party before state. As for Kelly, he is just trying to save face and jump in the bandwagon. We all know Trump disgusted him just by the looks on Kelly's face at times (eyerolls) but was just making a buck after he left the White House. He most likely would not have been given a cushy job if he spoke out about Trump.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 10 Tiny Kitchens Whose Usefulness You Won't Believe
Ingenious solutions from simple tricks to high design make this roundup of small kitchens an inspiring sight to see
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Bring Handcrafts Into the Everyday
Function and form meet in 20 artful home decorating pieces
Full Story
Ranch Homes Houzz Tour: Creative Resourcefulness in a 1970s Ranch
Combine design dexterity and abundant creativity with patience, and what do you get? A home awash in personality and style
Full Story