SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenhaefeli63

window treatments for sliders and gliders in bedrooms?

J H
4 years ago

Looking for ideas and advice on best window treatments for sliding glass doors in a bedroom, and wide (4', I think) glider windows also in a bedroom. Room darkening is preferred, and is especially important for the window, which is in the room where my wakes-to-sunlight child sleeps. Both the sliders and the glider are south facing.

I've seen curtains suggested frequently for sliding glass doors, but don't think they will provide the room darkening aspect I'm looking for in the bedroom. Is there something besides vertical blinds that won't break the bank that could work?

For the window, would two side by side cellular blinds be strange? Would one, large wide blind look strange? Do we treat it like a mini sliding glass door? I do have curtains to add in this room, but need something to block out as much as light as possible, so think we would also want blinds.

Also hoping to find something that can help with keeping the cold out in the winter and the heat out in the summer. Had been thinking cellular blinds, but then wasn't sure how they would work with this window style.

Photos below. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments (3)