SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
damask_rose_zone9b

Is this botrytis blight?

Hello everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’m a sixteen year old kid who is crazy about African violets. I’ve been growing them for the past four years and have been reading this forum for just as long. You guys are very knowledgeable about violets, so I was wondering if you could help me determine whether my violets have botrytis blight or powdery mildew. The blooms on my Optimara Montana II have always had a tendency to get white powdery mold, then translucent brown spots that would spread to all the flowers and make them dry up prematurely. The flowers look like the color is getting sucked out of them. It has never affected any of my other plants for four years until the same thing happened to the blooms on my Optimara Michele today. The Optimara Michele has the same symptoms except it has one patch of darker gray mold instead of white. The leaves are unaffected on both plants. They are currently quarantined in another room. I have looked up the symptoms many times before but I cannot decide which mildew it is as there is not much information about botrytis blight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend,

damask_rose_5 : )

Comments (8)