SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_385592160

Townhome - Window Replacement

Vaman Kini
4 years ago

Looking for some advise on replacing windows for a townhome built in 95. Close to 30 double hung windows ( wood) seem to have draft /cold air issues in some of them. Spoke to Renewal by Andersen and the after disounts the price offered seemed to be quite high for the fiberex ( composite material ). others in community have mostly replaced the orginal wood with vinyl and most of them speak highly of one contractor.

What would be the normal life span of Vinyl windows ? In DC weather, is the higher cost of composite provide any ROI ? Has compositie been around for long enough to trust it for next 20 years ? My intial experience with Renewal by Andersen has not been great. The esitmate that i received was a snapshot from the salesman's iPad which just had the main figure , 2 discounts and the final figure. Dont they provide details document on how whey arrived at the cost? what is included and what is not ?

To the sales persons credit , he spent adequate time explaining most of the clauses when he came home. it is just that i dont see any of that being sent in a formal estimate and gets me worried. What is the right expecation that i should i have about the estimate ?

Comments (4)