SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julessb

Quartzite Taj Mahal fissures and pits

julessb
4 years ago

We recently purchased Taj Mahal counter tops and have not yet completed our kitchen but noticed a large amount of fissures, and pits which appeared to have been filled, not sure. After looking at a variety of forums, the pits I am assuming were filled with resin by the factory prior? I did not notice these when I picked out the stone, but they are stacked outside, and I was not called to review the stone before fabricaton took place. The stone itself if very pretty but when the light hits the counter it is riddled with cracks that might be fissures, but they are indented so maybe cracks? There was also a mark we discovered is a glue fill that the installer said was the stone, but now he is agreeing to replace that part of the counter. The fabricator said they would send out a team to polish and fill the fissures, but I am not sure they can polish out the blotches since they are holes that must have already been filled with resin. I know that there should be some imperfection as this is a natural stone but should the stone have this much marring? Did we just get a substandard stone?

Comments (20)