SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidweis

Do you have any feedback on my updated floor plan?

Dave Weis
4 years ago

I previously posted my kitchen for feedback, which turned into thoughts on my entire floor plan. I took a lot of the thoughts and feedback I received and I am very appreciative of everyone that helped. There are still some changes needed, but we're getting much closer and will be breaking ground in < 90 days. EEP!

The old post was here:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5817660/what-do-you-think-of-my-kitchen-layout

@K H & @mama goose_gw zn6OH & @decoenthusiaste & @suezbell you were super helpful on my last post. TY!

Since we last chatted a lot of changes have been made (most from all of your suggestions) and I'm excited to see what you think!

We added:

3' to our living room for a little extra furniture space, 3' to the mudroom, and 3' to the garage.

A 1/4 bath in the mudroom, flipped w/d walls and added access to the master closet.

We made both guestrooms have ensuite baths.

Took 1' from the master shower and counter and gave it to the master bedroom.

Changes we'll want to make:

Mudroom bench can probably move against the refrigerator wall.

Maybe a pocket door from the master bedroom to the bath. I don't like the door swinging into the sink standing area.

The sink proportions in the kitchen/pantry are not accurate. The prep sink in the island will match the cleanup sink size - both will be farmhouse apron sinks. The pantry will be a small sink for basic coffee maker / rice cooker / microwave / cleanup duty.

We are thinking we might give up some master closet space to add a linen closet in the hallway.

Thanks for all help and feedback!

Comments (38)